Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Quick Question (s)?
    #3754477 - 02/09/05 03:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I am a complete newb (sorry if this question is somewhere in a FAQ - I've already read many FAQs and TeKs, but since I'm a newb, some of them are kind of vague/obscure (I like procedures to tell me exactly what to do, but since you have to be a bit innovative and sensible, I may have gone wrong somewhere...I'm not sensible haha).  ANYWAYS, tomorrow marks the three-week period of my first set of jars (eight of them) being inoculated and here's what I saw when I looked at them today:

- Two jars seems completely 100% sparkling white

- Three jars seem completely UNUSABLE

- Three jars have the beautiful white mold, with a little cobweb mold growing away from the white mold.

I basically want to make sure I'm doing this right before I actually do it on Thursday, so let me know if this sounds stupid or not...

Plastic shoe-box-type containers with duct tape to keep out light on sides and bottom.  Layer of vermiculite sprayed with mists of water on bottom, middle layer of crushed substrate cake, top layer of sterilized organic compost manure (mmm smells delicious).  I also would like to know, if I use the jars that are half-infected (if I just take the part of the cake that has the sparkling white mold), can I crush a piece of some of the cakes into my casing?  Is there a good chance my casing will be affected if I take this risk???  Also, one of my "good cakes" has a beautiful white mold growing around the cake; however, there are grains of the perlite/BRF mix I used that seem to be extra brown, so I'm wondering if this is a mold I should be concerned about, or just wet mixture.  Sorry if I'm breaking any of the forum rules, but it's 3:40am and I have a politics test tomorrow so I'm kinda stressed.  I appreciate all the help anyone can give, and I would have pictures, but I have to buy a new connector for my digital cam :frown:  Oh well, thanks anyways.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFidelius
fellow partymember

Re: Quick Question (s)? [Re: Raspo]
    #3754515 - 02/09/05 03:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hmm..
1. I would use the "trashcan tek" for six jars right now. Thrash it as far away from the good jars. wash the glasses with hot soappy water. Spray or wash the container (the container where you store your jars) with alcohol or bleach-solution.

2. Meditate/Sleep -> focus on your tests !

3. If you did all the other work, case your jars. I think think its no prob for the mycel to "wait" a few days or a week.

Good Luck & Relax :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Fidelius (02/09/05 03:55 AM)

OfflineRaspo
Poopsmith
 User Gallery
Re: Quick Question (s)? [Re: Fidelius]
    #3755020 - 02/09/05 08:35 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You're saying ditch them and restart with the six I'm unsure of? And wait a few days before I crumble them?

OfflineFidelius
fellow partymember

Re: Quick Question (s)? [Re: Raspo]
    #3755172 - 02/09/05 10:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

no! keep the two good ones :wink: and kick the six bad ones.
then observe the two good jars a few days and if it has got no contam. then -> case.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation