Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Is this possible?
    #3753937 - 02/09/05 01:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

To work in the system, the oil burning machine of America; for say 15 years. With this egg of money saved, interest earned, buy a good piece of property, build a house- and essentially live off the land?
I am debating whether I could disconnect from society like that, to fish and hunt- to grow and harvest, using nature. Not like I am not using nature now; but such things seem much more pure, giving up the destructive qualites we practice... Who knows, by the time I am older, I may be so connected to society that such a break would not be possible, or even desirable. I may find myself in suburbia America, with my perfect little routine and my 'perfect' little life.  With all the benefits and perks of society, could I even make it in the mountains with horses and cows, or in the swamps with herbs and waterways. Could I neglect modern medicine, and purge the 40 years of processed meat and preservatives and runoff and whatever other mutations exist within me to become a healthier person? Would I even want to give up a Lexus and TV and a life as most people know it. Hm mm, guess I will find out haha :crymeariver: :blah: :stoned:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Is this possible? [Re: flowstone]
    #3753958 - 02/09/05 01:38 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like a plan to me, minus the no TV part, Im a movie nut, and Id take a good off road jeep in the country over a lexus anyday :wink:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: Is this possible? [Re: beejay]
    #3753980 - 02/09/05 01:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i don't think it is possible, there is very much in-so-far as set-up fees to start a garden and livestock and what not. You need a way to generate revenue, it would be like that show where the people pretended to live way back when and competed to see who would survive the winter. Frontier House or something like that - it would be hard, but possible, but really really hard.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Is this possible? [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3754013 - 02/09/05 01:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

not if you had enough money in the bank to live off the interest while you lived with minimal expense because you grew or hunted all your food. I think if I planned this, a river or stream would be key. Of not for being able to drill my own well, or channel water from it- it can provide many benefits. I don't think it would ever be possible to not bring a TV or computer, now that I think about it.. That is such a medium for information it would be hard to pass up.. Which brings up electricity- I would probably have a few windmills- maybe even a hug one I build myself, and a few bought ones to aid with expenses and utilize nature in a unharming way such as energy produced from coal. I dunno- maybe the combined life of mass media attachment, and the dis attachment of living away from large cities, and small towns is just what I need.. Sure seems like it is what I want now. Don't get me started on why cities suck :smirk:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub