Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Did you get your tag yet?
    #3753867 - 02/09/05 01:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Did you get your tag yet? [Re: Cosm]
    #3753921 - 02/09/05 01:33 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah and dont forget to run mad through the streets as the world ends tomorrow.

Do you even understand how the technology works?Let alone the only real and valid page is the top one about the chips to replace credit cards.

Id say Im fairly on the inside edge of biotechnology developments.So if things were going on like the other pages claim, Id probably know about it before most people.

Also notice 3 of the 5 other links given are at free sites which is common for people who spread paranoia and hoaxes.At least the other two bought a domain to make it look a bit more valid but still a load of crap all the way around.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: Did you get your tag yet? [Re: Cosm]
    #3754027 - 02/09/05 01:53 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Don't worry Cosm, I think your post is valid dispite the skeptics who have and will try to pick this appart. When I posted my 'Angels Don't Play This HAARP' thread, there were a few skeptics, and a few shroomites asking, "what does this have to do with S&P"... my question is, how doesn't mind-control technology concern the S&P community. As to the question of wheather this technology is realistic or a hoax, I'm not a certified nanotechnician, but I know that nanotech/biotechnology is one of the most funded areas of research in all of the sciences, and I wouldn't be suprised if this was the state of bio/nanotechnology.

In the sixties everyone was worried about a nuclear fallout, but I could imagine the scare of the future being mass manipulation by the use of technology. It's not at all unrealistic.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Did you get your tag yet? [Re: soulmotion]
    #3754086 - 02/09/05 02:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

True its possible but unlikely in my opinion.Microchips implanted in the brain is a VERY new technology and the first model has barely gotten out of test stages yet and has only been implanted in one person so far.Ive been tracking this specific chip for some time now and I am monitoring its development online and offline through various circles of people I know as well as media sources.It is designed to help disabled people turn on appliances with it through thoughts persay.

http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/05/03/issue/feature_implant.asp

A tiny chunk:
Quote:

For now, the technology is very crude. The computer understands only a tiny fraction of what goes on in Nagle?s brain, where billions of neurons can be firing at any one time, with trillions of interactions. Still, the implant is a significant step, a neurological Rosetta stone in the most complex deciphering project in history, one that might not be completed for decades, if ever.

Very new and very early stages.This is the most advanced biotechnology we have.The cybernetic heart blew my mind when I first heard about it when it came out.I love biotech.

Oh and by the way the signal transmitted by those credit card chips is very weak and you have to be fairly close to pick it up with ANY electronic device.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: Did you get your tag yet? [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3754093 - 02/09/05 02:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oh and P.S. the implanted brain chip needs a computer to decode the brain's thoughts and signals.

All of this is still a far cry from any of the paranoid fears often presented about implanted chips.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology