Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
First trip comin up...help
    #3753609 - 02/09/05 12:29 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ok... the coaster's started, we got the shroomies and theres no quittin on it now... Friday at 10:30 PM i will be tripping... now some questions for some more experienced shroomers...

Im taking no more than 2 grams... im fairly humble to the mushrooms, and i only think of them with respect, knowing they COULD very well fuck my world up... So, i will be with my ganja guy, which means hella bowls too... im planning on smoking quite a bit immediately after ingestion as i am very afraid of Naseua while entering another reality, as i believe this could spark a bad trip.. So what do you guys recommend eating before the shrooms, and how long before the ingestion should i have eaten? My main concern is nasuea, as without the idea of nasuea i believe i will throuroughly enjoy this trip.

Ive been smokin around shroomin friends for along time now, and for the last 4 weeks have done nothing but read trip reports and all that good stuff, as i very highly respect what i am about to do. I will be with my best and most trusted friend, and along with half of our crew.. all of which ive known for at least 3 years.. so i know that without any extreme stomache disruption i will have a very very fun time on the magic mushrooms... Thanks in advance for any advice! :tongue2:

Edited by gma (02/09/05 12:30 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: gma]
    #3753639 - 02/09/05 12:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

In my experience, smoke before you eat. no more than what gives you a nice buzz, not necessarily stoned, this will relieve all nausea symptoms. shrooms and pot for me multiply each other. after you feel the shrooms hit the peak (youll know when) decide if you want it to go further. if yes, hit the pipe. if no, then lay off the pot. smoke pot during the come down to bring back the trip for about 25-30 mins.

wait atleast 4-6 hours after eating a meal before you eat shrooms. this also helps with nausea.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3753957 - 02/09/05 01:38 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

wow, your gonna eat them at 10:30pm? i hope you plan on staying up all night.

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: JTHM]
    #3754001 - 02/09/05 01:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah.. my friend still doesnt know if he can get friday off (job), and he gets off at 10.. so we were thinkin all nighter... his folks are gone til monday or something. if he gets it off it might actually start at 8... again.. time means nothing to me now and i imagine time will be even more minute an issue on my trip.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3754006 - 02/09/05 01:48 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The purge feels cathartic.

That is to say, it feels cleansing.

But yeah smoke before, during and after. In my opinion, you can never smoke too much weed.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

OfflineKGB920
KGB

Loc: New York City
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: BorgFace]
    #3754042 - 02/09/05 01:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

honestly, i eat them on an empty stomach because it kicks in faster, in my opinion...

my first time took nearly an hour and a half to kick in ( i ate a bagel with cream cheese, no vomiting) and other times i just eat them on an empty stomach ( still no vomiting ) and it kicked in within 30-45 mins

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: KGB920]
    #3755122 - 02/09/05 09:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah.. I figured 2 grams wouldnt be whole lot to upset my stomache that much.. but my fear is, what if a little nasuea comes, the shrooms start kickin in and i start freakin about my stomache thinking its worse than it is... i just overall hate naseua.. a month ago i had this nasty stomache bug.. Threw up a literally FULL stomache, then continued to vomit for 3 days... not very fun =/

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3755284 - 02/09/05 11:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Stop thinking about the nausea. For most people it is not even an issue. I have only had nausea trouble once in all of my tripping. If you bring the experience of the stomach bug into the trip you are guaranteed not to have a good time. I assure the nausea will not get to a point where you freak out about it. By the time the major effects start, you will have forgotten the nausea. Also don't be surprised if your friends start acting in a different way. Even though you have been friends for three years, things happen when tripping. People have what I like to call tripping personalities, just like drunk personalities. And some people change very much and some change very little. Just don't expect anything in the form of how your friends will react or you will react to them. Also don't let them drag you down, if someone is having a bad time, just let them go ahead and have it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't help but if they are brining you into a bad trip, leave them be. That person needed that type of experince at that time. Anyway, just trying to give you some heads up on things that could possibly happen.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: mecreateme]
    #3755796 - 02/09/05 01:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i hear capsules take away any nausea

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3756194 - 02/09/05 03:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Never had nausea in my life with shrooms.
Weed?  Now thats a different story... :puke:

--------------------

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: Ego Death]
    #3756789 - 02/09/05 05:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeah man, when i took around 1.8 grams and felt a little nausea about 30min in but once the shrooms kick in, the nausea will be all gone.  Nausea will be the last thing on your mind.  Even if you did feel any, all you have you have to do is to change the set and setting. (your mind will be moving 100mph, so any thoughts about nausea will be long gone.)  Thats a great dose for you.  Its gonna get crazy but you will still be in controll of yourself.  Have a great time and make sure to go outside!! Good Vibes your Way.    :thumbup: :thumbup: :mushroom2: :grin:
BTW:  thats fine to does at that time.  Just make sure you have nothing to do the next day because you will a lil tierd :smile:.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3758771 - 02/09/05 11:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Nah they don't IME. They're nice because you don't have to taste the mushrooms but they won't take away the nausea. Shroom nausea is mild and doesn't last long anyway.

Offlinezachwass2000
Noob
Loc: Bay Area
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: esin]
    #3758907 - 02/09/05 11:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was a little worried about nausea the first time I tripped, but I've never had it. Just don't worry and I'm sure you will be fine.

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: zachwass2000]
    #3758946 - 02/09/05 11:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Alright.. yeah this count down of days makes my stomache fall.. every morning i wake up in a confused state of anxiousness, respect, and a hint of fear.. but the fear goes away by the time im smokin bowls with all my buds at lunch, and everything is fine and happy.

Thanks for all the advice guys.. everything i wanted and needed to hear... but anyone else with experience feel free to add your own input! I hope i will become an experienced and thoughtful tripper in the future.. and i look forward to discussin it with you guys for however long im here... thanks :smile:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#3759132 - 02/10/05 12:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Here's advice I wish someone had told me for my first trip:

When you start to 'come up,' you might feel extremely weird, anxious, nauseated, and scared. For me, the transition from sobriety to the psychedelic state is rough and strange. But I know from experience that the weird body feelings and fear ALWAYS dissolve as your trip gets started. So when you're coming up, if you start to get afriad, know that the trip is going to get a lot easier once it gets going.

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3759863 - 02/10/05 02:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to have to break with my colleagues here and recommend that you don't smoke pot until you're tripping.  The reason I say this is because if you are totally baked, you may have trouble determining how the mushrooms are affecting you - especially since you're taking a low dose.  Personally, I'd recommend taking 2.5 grams - but you are wise to want to start low.   

If you start feeling nauseous, then smoke the pot.  I feel that getting baked before taking mushrooms for the first time is like getting drunk before taking acid for the first time.  Mushrooms and pot do synergize very well, though - I'll cede that.

With respect, I must say that I believe your thought process about the nausea is a little distorted.  You are already anticipating that things are likely to turn out badly - I.E. You'll get nauseous, freak out because of it, and have a bad trip.  Since you've never eaten mushrooms before, you really have nothing to support that conclusion, other than your own fear and apprehension.  I know that you're more sensitive about nausea since you were sick a little while ago, but the past is a poor predictor of the future.

Fear of nausea is understandable, but there's no need to dwell on it.  In my personal experience, I can only recall one time when someone puked on mushrooms.  Myself and a small group of friends were walking around the neighborhood at night, when my friend complained of nausea.  We kept walking, and maybe 1 minute later he upchucked on the street.  But he didn't even break stride; it was really a minor event.  I think us being all together also helped helped to distract him and keep his mind in a good place.

There's what might happen, what's likely to happen, and the factors that will affect what happens.  I can say with confidence that there's a very good chance you will not only not get nauseous, but that you'll have a fantastic time!  Just be as prepared as possible, try not to obsess about the negative, and approach the experience with an open mind.  You'll do fine.  Honestly, I'm excited for you.  :thumbup:

Also, many people fast the day of the trip.  You can do this, or you can have a light brunch or something to make sure you still have some good energy for your late-night trip.  I also find milk to be useful, since it has protein and calms my stomach.

P.S.  Tell us how it went!

Offlinesillyrabbit
Stranger
Re: First trip comin up...help [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3768058 - 02/11/05 08:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Don't expect to sleep if you're gonna trip that late! You're gonna be tired from your trip, but don't even attempt. It's so frustrating! You'll just toos and turn in bed with an active mind.... so keep entertainment handy :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience