Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3745814 - 02/07/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think salvia is more in danger of being made illegal.
I've been saying this for awhile now - get a few cuttings
and get the underground ready.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Vvellum]
    #3745888 - 02/07/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
I've been saying this for awhile now - get a few cuttings
and get the underground ready.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: dblaney]
    #3746705 - 02/07/05 05:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The illegality of salvia in Australia has done nothing to curb the availability of cuttings and even dried material provided you are a switched on individual.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: BorgFace]
    #3748033 - 02/07/05 09:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

switched on individual? huh?

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: BorgFace]
    #3749699 - 02/08/05 02:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

agreed, It's just like mj i suppose, the illegality has done nothing to reduce availability (on the contrary i reckon) But then there's a much MUCH larger underground market for mj than saliva. Still if you know the right people it's quite easy to still get salvia.

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: el_duderino]
    #3749906 - 02/08/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ummmm

So guys,let me get that straight :

Are you proposing that we should do nothing about it and the viable solution is to "yo,keepin it real in the underground"? Do you REALLY want to transfer salvia trade or Trichocereus trade to the arms of fucking dealers ('cause there is where it is going to end up if we vouch for "undergggggggggggggggggggground maaaaaaaaan!"")

Is this apathy we are seeing here?

Hell,no ,we should cause trouble to people selling those skins...Dont forget: Contrary to your goverment they cannnot and should not control our lives to a big extent nor they are "unreachable by mortal folks".A barrage of emails,maybe some well worder threats could make them rethink their stance.

That is of course if you care about san pedro and all of the ethnobotanicals ,or if you choose to leave your fate in the "underground" or on some dealers who will decide for prices,decide for product quality,decide for availability and so on and so forth....

Come on,i expected more "rebelion" from a forum that is supposed to chellenge thought and given laws (isnt that one ofthe action of psychedelics? Arent they thought provoking?)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Psiloman]
    #3749978 - 02/08/05 05:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Man you've got a lot of energy. You should harness that and become an activist. But anyways, no we aren't saying Salvia and the like should be in the hands of shady dealers. But for the moment, at least with the current administration in the US, petitioning to legalize a certain drug does very little good. It's been done many times in the past and really hasn't yielded much. So far congress HAS tried to ban Salvinorin, but enough scientific evidence was presented to convince them otherwise. Right now it is prudent to focus on prevention and drug LAW reform. There is no way in hell a government which has been so harsh on drugs for more than a half century is going to suddenly change it's mind and legalize various substances just like that :snaps fingers:. It would be gradual. Anyways, just my two cents. Focus on the law reform first.

As for the Pedro, we're saying that vendors should stop selling the flesh in the dried form, because that is illegal in the States. That way there will still be fresh cacti available. If vendors continue to sell the dried form, then the gov. might very well decide to make any form of the cactus illegal, just like peyote.

:smile:

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3749996 - 02/08/05 05:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Im kinda of an activist and indeed igot lots of energy...

Thing is,should WE (as a community) act to put this item out of sale before goverment does it?

There are numerous ways,no i dont thing the gov would cooperate but we can scare those people selling the dried material...

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3750001 - 02/08/05 05:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:
should WE (as a community) act to put this item out of sale before goverment does it?

Yeah, that's exactly what we're saying.

Keep up the good work and fight the good fight  :thumbup:

--------------------

- John Mayer

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3750051 - 02/08/05 06:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well...
the one guy in ummmm peru (who has a name like a song), & sells several other herbs & shipibo artifacts & such (& does sell kilos of very nice dried chips for under $300?) did somehow manage to ummmmmm mislabel the package as Optunia rather than Trichocereus (but it was most definitely a Tricho!!!); i think that i did order some vine & leaf & maybe other stuff...
as for the inkatea vendor site that's more like "shopping mall peru" - many peruvian products, including mate de coca, herbs & pisco & native artifacts & whatnot, including powdered Tricho cactus (ummmm 400 g/$49?) - well, we shall soon see what is on the label of that package (along with tea, a nice cedar box (w 300g pwdr coca inside!/$49!) & a maraca, whatever...)

~

"don't touch my bags, if you please, mister customs man...."

((NOTE TO MODS: if this posting is in violation of board rules, feel free to modify or delete...))((& slap me silly if you must... happy fat tuesdy, party on down... ashes tomorrow...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (02/08/05 07:49 AM)

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: gnrm23]
    #3750329 - 02/08/05 09:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think the situation is somewhat different than in england with the shrooms. There it was LEGAL to sell fresh shrooms. In the US it is ILLEGAL to sell a preparation of the cactus right? I thought that if anything will happen they'd arrest the vendors for selling illegal material.

Im sure u could still sell yer cacti from walmart though. I guess if they look at the records of places with a very suspicious name like 'Dirty Hippy Products that make you see shit co.' and see they sold plenty of fresh cacti then it could be under threat.

Still e-mail these sob's and tell em they're doin illegal shit and you'll report them if they dont stop. Threats are the only way they'll listen. You think they'll care that future generations wont be able to get pedros because they're greedy? fuck no. But they'll care if they're about to go to jail.

--------------------

Offlinegarbage

#3751204 - 02/08/05 01:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

shouldnt all these ethno/herbal shops be banned then? they sell all these nice things not intended for human consumption, but we all know, including the dea, where they will be going. just because its natural doesnt mean its good. the internet makes accessibility all too easy.

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: garbage]
    #3751617 - 02/08/05 04:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

HEy Garbage, great avatar.

mj

Love that eye.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #3752763 - 02/08/05 08:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What can you do except not buy the dried cactus?

Stick to live plants, and don't just buy to consume. Grow a plant for crying out loud.

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: garbage]
    #3753271 - 02/08/05 09:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thing is all these ethno-stores sell quasi legal products. If they're selling san pedro skins that's 100% illegal right? Just make threats of calling the police and hopefully they'll shit themselves. I dunno if REALLY calling the police would be a good move though.

--------------------

Offlinegarbage

#3753756 - 02/08/05 11:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanks mj. i think it all comes down to responsibility. my friend told me he passed out doing duster over the weekend. i told him, "thats why drugs are illegal."

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3753819 - 02/08/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:
Ummmm

So guys,let me get that straight :

Are you proposing that we should do nothing about it and the viable solution is to "yo,keepin it real in the underground"? Do you REALLY want to transfer salvia trade or Trichocereus trade to the arms of fucking dealers ('cause there is where it is going to end up if we vouch for "undergggggggggggggggggggground maaaaaaaaan!"")

Is this apathy we are seeing here?

Hell,no ,we should cause trouble to people selling those skins...Dont forget: Contrary to your goverment they cannnot and should not control our lives to a big extent nor they are "unreachable by mortal folks".A barrage of emails,maybe some well worder threats could make them rethink their stance.

That is of course if you care about san pedro and all of the ethnobotanicals ,or if you choose to leave your fate in the "underground" or on some dealers who will decide for prices,decide for product quality,decide for availability and so on and so forth....

Come on,i expected more "rebelion" from a forum that is supposed to chellenge thought and given laws (isnt that one ofthe action of psychedelics? Arent they thought provoking?)

what exactly do you propose? that the entheo-vendors stop selling salvia and dried cacti? yeah, that would be great and all - but you are forgetting the basic principal of the market: supply and demand. There will be someone else popping up to fill the void and cash in. If there is money to be made and there is a source for such products, someone will engage in the business. They will ignore your calls because they will only care about the cash filling their PO Box and merchant account.

what I meant by my comment "get the underground ready" (speaking of spreading salvia cuttings around) is simply that. I said nothing really of drug dealer syndicates - I can see people trading cuttings on the downlow for the purpose of distributing dry leaves/extracts and, in a broader sense, keeping the plant itself alive North America (keep in mind salvia doesnt propagate through seed like marijuana). I can see people trading cuttings.

I can also see people selling extracts and dry leaf in the black market, but so what? Salvia would never be very popular, and I think it would be less popular if made illegal because fewer people would access to it. I have no problems with illegal drug trade so as long as there isnt violence or other shady activity involved.

so yeah, I wish there were better options than "get the underground ready" but face it - the US government sucks and they can outlaw these plants in a blink of an eye.

If you come up with a viable solution, I'll listen. But until then, please chill with the barking.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Vvellum]
    #3755244 - 02/09/05 09:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well put. Better be prepared than be sorry about it later.

--------------------

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3755411 - 02/09/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

WARNING: SOLD FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES ONLY,OR AS A VISUAL AID TO SHOW WHAT NATIVE PLANTS ARE USED IN SOUTH AMERICAN and MEXICAN CULTURES. IT IS ILLEGAL TO CONSUME OR PREPARE, SO DON'T!. IF WE THINK YOU WILL WE WILL NOT SELL IT TO YOU!!!

they sell it for identification only this is more legal than it sounds there are mj seed companys that sell seeds for the same resons some of the head shops used to till like 2000 they say its still legal to sell if you have a disclaimer and shit my freind that sold mj seeds at the head shop he owned went to court about it too and the courts said it was legal for him to sell if he had a warning i think thats all you need but i dont know any thing

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: onetime]
    #3755490 - 02/09/05 10:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

somone should call acting like a little kids parents who found out he ordered drugs over the internet, say their gonna sue and blah blah and hopefully scare em a little bit. :peace:

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Edited by infamous (02/09/05 10:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale