Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMorph1189
Stranger
Dream key, marijuana?
    #3752472 - 02/08/05 09:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey all, I've been noticing, especially with my insufficient amounts of sleep lately, that when I'm stoned on marijuana, I can start to remember dreams I had the night before, only im remembering them again for the first time. I'll get up normally and have no idea what my dream was...just blank, but when I smoke i start to unlock the dream slowly and its almost like a trip itself. Can anyone else relate to this? It happens especially when i lie down.
:flowerchild:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBadCraziness
Shroomologist

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Dream key, marijuana? [Re: Morph1189]
    #3752482 - 02/08/05 09:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That's interesting. I can't say that it's happened to me. I just have crazy dreams the night after I smoke out. (Which is rare I don't like Mary Jane.)  :blush:

--------------------
Any more of that talk and I'll put the fucking leeches on you, understand?

*** Atenci?n: Si eres un narco soy un mentiroso. ***

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
    #3752489 - 02/08/05 09:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

How do you know you dreamt it? It could just be a very complex imaginative state...

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Anonymous

Re: Dream key, marijuana? *DELETED* [Re: BadCraziness]
    #3752493 - 02/08/05 09:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by Anonymous (02/09/05 11:31 AM)

OfflineMorph1189
Stranger
Re: Dream key, marijuana? [Re: ]
    #3752506 - 02/08/05 09:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldnt call it negative. on average, right before i fall alseep, ill start to remember my dream from the night before before i fall asleep, then the same thing happens the next night.

when i smoke, it all hits me then and due to the high, its quite trippy

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
    #3752542 - 02/08/05 09:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So wait, explain how you know it was a dream? If you had ZERO recollection of it previous to smoking weed (which isn't exactly lauded for its ability to maintain or stimulate your memory...) how do you know it happened?

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

OfflineMorph1189
Stranger
Re: Dream key, marijuana? [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3752558 - 02/08/05 09:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Because if feels like im *remembering* it all, it seems all so familiar, its not like im seeing it for the first time.

No one can relate? Man...

Edited by Morph1189 (02/08/05 09:31 PM)

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3752559 - 02/08/05 09:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yup, I am the same way.  I can never remember my dreams after smoking.  I do get a rather peaceful sleep though...

...unless you have to get up early in the morning :drooling:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineMorph1189
Stranger
Re: Dream key, marijuana? [Re: theocean06]
    #3752565 - 02/08/05 09:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

theocean06 said:
Yup, I am the same way.  I can never remember my dreams after smoking.  I do get a rather peaceful sleep though...

...unless you have to get up early in the morning :drooling:

Maybe im not explaining this well. Im saying I forget my dreams on my own. No matter what, each night you do dream, its just a matter of if you'll remember it...sometimes it turns up "blank." With marijuana, i *remember* the night before's dream, and it slowly starts unpealing, and because im high..it becomes very trippy.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3752597 - 02/08/05 09:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was addressing what PsiloPsychic said. I think what your experiencing is just a thought, not a dream from the night before. I guess it is possible, but like I said, MJ makes it so I don't remember dreams, whether it be that night or the night before. There is no way anyone can tell you whether it was you remembering a dream, or just some random thought.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
    #3752602 - 02/08/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

u mentioned that u haven't been getting enough sleep lately. this can have a big affect on your dream recall too. as u prolly know the longer you sleep the longer you rem cycles are-you dream during rem.. you maybe having little dream activity due to not enough sleep. i'm sure if you start getting more sleep your dream recall will improve. the bud thing isn't really surprising either. marijuana making it harder to remember things? No way!  :smirk:

--------------------
:goose:

Anonymous

Re: Dream key, marijuana? *DELETED* [Re: Dimmy]
    #3755095 - 02/09/05 09:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by Anonymous (02/09/05 11:29 AM)

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
    #3756115 - 02/09/05 03:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sometime when I'm stoned by myself I begin to remember dreams that I had in the past. Even a couple years ago.

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
    #3757750 - 02/09/05 07:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have had the exact same thing that the original poster described happen to me on many occasions. It also happens to me while tripping.

How I "know" that I am remembering a dream is that I can vividly recall having the dream, just like being able to vividly recall having a dream right after you wake up. If my mind is just "making it up" then it's doing a damn good job of fooling me into remembering something that never happened.

I tend to have a lot of dreams after smoking, contrary to what most people seem to report... everyone is different.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: Dream key, marijuana? [Re: Plok]
    #3758472 - 02/09/05 10:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This seems weird to me. Usually weed makes you not remember your dreams. I worked on dream recall awhile back but then started smoking a lot of weed and I can tell you that since I've stopped over the last 3 weeks I remember a ridiculous amount of my dreams. If you really want to remember them, it'd probably be best not to smoked weed (although its probably not that big of a deal to anyone).

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Dream key, marijuana? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #3760097 - 02/10/05 03:26 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Haven't read the whole post but must say I agree. There have been times while on weed or mushrooms that i would get a wave of deja vu and in an instant remember a whole dream. I usually confuse it with a real event but cant find any reference to it really having happened and conclude it must have been a previous dream - of course like someone said it could be a hyperimaginative state (imagining a WHOLE series of events spanning over a period of time but thought of in the blink of an eye). But I believe weed is a strong catalyst for unlocking hidden memories such as dreams.
There have also been sober times that i would all of a sudden remember something, be confused about whether it really happened or not and then realise i remembered a forgotten dream.

HOWEVER smoking weed usually is DETRIMENTAL to dream recall whilst sober. That is if you smoke it often the night after you will likely not remember your dreams. But back under the influence you very well may unlock them again. One fellow said the short term memory loss and the like isn't amnesia but HYPERnesia, that we are flooded with memory connections under the influence that it's too much to take in and ineveitably we forget it all. This person also suggested supplementing THC with other memory enhancing chemicals (or other nootropics) to 'unlock' memories or turn the tap on and have the bucket to catch it all in.

I'll try to find the article...

--------------------
Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Edited by el_duderino (02/10/05 05:29 AM)

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #3760146 - 02/10/05 03:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've noticed this exact same thing. It's weird I'll wake up with a blank slate dream wise, then I'll usually go hang out with some friends and smoke, and then it's like my mind just projects some image or series of images that I can distinguish as dreams.
I think alot of the time when I forget dreams I had after smoking weed its not that I actuallyu forget them but that they are catalogged in my brain as have been real events that happened while awake. For instance I was smoking with some friends and all of the sudden I had an image of chilling and hotboxing a really small room with a few friends, both guys and girls. So I thought it was just a stoned memory from the night before, but then I remembered that I had just been hanging out with my guy friends the night before. It couldn't have happened at all recently and I'm about 90% sure that it was a dream. Just the way the image came to me I know it was something that I had actually experienced whether it was in a dream state or awake.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience