Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Moisture Meter, Perlite, Salvia, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Soil Mix gone bad?
    #3751440 - 02/08/05 05:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Heya, I recently repotted a few salvia plants and mixed 2 parts soil with 1 part verm and 1 part perlite.. I have started getting worried that I added too much perlite because when I look at my soil it is full of perlite.. much more than I have seen in pics. Is this mix ok or should I repot? I am leaving my plants in the care of family in a week for 4 months so I will need to repot if any long term problems are likely to surface.

So far I have noticed the mix is drying out really quickly but I am watering more to compensate... also the leaves have gone wavy but aren't going black.. yet.

Thanks for the help, I need to get these plants sorted out before I leave so they'll still be here when I return.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Soil Mix gone bad? [Re: Slite]
    #3751520 - 02/08/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

soil that dries out too fast will simply need to be watered more. waterlogged soil would be a worse problem. especially since most people kill their plants by over watering.
if your fam. can keep up, especially in summer when watering will increase sharply, your plants should be ok.

also, perlite tends to work its way to the surface of the soil, sometime it ends up that the whole top of the soil is covered with perlite. this can make the soil look like its full of perlite, when its really just covering the top. you can work it back down into the soil with a dowel or a pencil, careful of the roots, of course.

i would recommend leaving a wooden dowel or a moisture meter with you family, so they can accurately judge the moisture levels in the soil, unless they have green thumbs.
good luck.
peace 00

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Moisture Meter, Perlite, Salvia, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden