Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineArf
Mcgoo

pot vs shrooms?
    #3751030 - 02/08/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

right first off i'd like to state that i am not a complete and utter twat, i am quite aware that sittin about smokin a couple of j's is nothin like eatin a couple of grams or anythin like that BUT i have had some intense experiences on mj, almost always its been with hash.

im just gonna briefly describe some of my experiences with gear (thats what we call mj of any form around these parts, but its mostly always hash we get) and i want you's to tell me if it is at all compareable to low dose mushrooms (im plannin my first trip for this week).

ive pushed gear to some of its outer most limits i think, ive also tried eating it with some interestin effects. on my first strong experience with gear, some friends sunk me with an extremley strong bukket, i was at this 2 day party and had been pretty screwed for most of the time,smoked dozens of j's and bowls and i dont know how many bukkets but after this extra strong one i was gone. i couldnt hack it at first (being my first strong and very unexpected psychedelic expreience) i was taken outside to cool off, by goin for a walk (i highly suggest this if you were in doors and in trouble go out for a walk, it'll help!) and i temporarily gained the ability to speed up and slow down time. this rocked, later on i got some closed eye visuals, they were more like visions, i saw stick figures smokin cigars and the like haha.(this is gettin long) other strong expreiences include everythin goin 2d and i mean 2d not just weird,people were floatin up stairs and stuff,closed eye visuals,on eating some hash i saw 'neon polar bears' which was cool,in my peripheral vision someone once started turning into a cartoon also had auditory hallucinations i think, was sure tv was callin my name,also had my mind totally screwed,thinkin i was gonna be numb forever(long story haha) thought loops and the like

well thats a summary and its rather long so i apologise, now someone please tell me can the kind of expreiences described above be comparable to a low dose 'shroom trip?
thanks,
Arf

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: Arf]
    #3751053 - 02/08/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

comparing shrooms to hash (or any drug for that matter) is tough. Some people can have some really bad trips on shrooms. With shrooms a lot of people get stuck in circular thinking, real obsessive ya know. From what I know with hash and pot, the head trip from shrooms is a lot more intense. The visual stuff you've experienced I've seen off of eating like 2 grams of shrooms (although I usually take about 3-5).
Also with pot (at least for me) i just wanna sit around, I get real lazy. When I take shrooms my energy level hits the sky. I can't stop dancing and constantly have to move.
That's about the best comparison I can give. I'd say I like shrooms a lot more than pot for a couple reasons, but that's a different topic.
Have fun with your trip, my advice is don't take things too seriously.

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: Woland]
    #3751108 - 02/08/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I feel that with pot, the effects are mainly audible and mental, not visual. I have had some minor hallucinations on pot before, ie trees looking 2 dimensional, etc.

With shrooms every sense is effected. you hear things that are not there, you see things that you wouldnt normally see, the texture of objects is vastly different, and the taste of things is very different. you also conjure thoughts that can cause revelations, fear, love, excitement etc.

With pot, the highest i ever got, i found myself staring at my cigar and thinking about the way it worked. why it was harder to relight it than it is to light it initially, and my thoughts spiralled out of control from there. i found that no matter what i did i had to overanalyze everything to the point that even gum wrappers became incredibly complex.

In some respects they are similar, but for me shrooms merge dreams with reality, where as pot only enhances reality.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineDeviate
Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3752404 - 02/08/05 08:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

well before i tried shrooms people told me they were nothing like pot which i think is complete bullshit because my first experience with shrooms reminded me so much of my early experiences with pot. as for the differences the shroom high is clear while with pot it feels like a cloud has descended in over my mind. shrooms distort the senses a LOT more and they alter rational thinking ability a lot more too. shrooms are obviously a lot more visual with the closed eye visuals being 3d and they have a "shroomy" feel to them just like marijuana has a "marijuana" feel to it. on shrooms its not possible for me to hold on to the everyday illusions i normally live by while on marijuana i can still think in terms of those illusions if i want to. shrooms are VERY intense but i've had experiences on marijuana that were more intense than a low dose of shrooms.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: Deviate]
    #3752765 - 02/08/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wha? Shrooms being compared to weed? They're not even on the same level, they're effects are completely different and shouldn't be compared.

After this, I say we compare socks and television sets. That sounds logical :thumbup:

OfflineDeviate
Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3752941 - 02/08/05 10:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

^^ thats not true. shrooms and weed are not competely different, they are both psychedelic and all psychedelics have some things in common i think. the only drug ive tried that has been anything like marijuana is shrooms. a very low dose of shrooms is the closet thing to weed i can think of. are socks the closet thing to televsion that you can think of? of course there are major differences but there are also major similarities. for example they share these affects:

-sense enhancements, brighter colors, increased apreciation of music
-altered sense of space and time
-altered sense of self
-earthy/spiritual body high
-altered thinking and short term memory

Edited by Deviate (02/08/05 10:56 PM)

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

#3752983 - 02/08/05 11:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"they are both psychedelic"

THC isn't psychedelic, its psychoactive. I can see where some people can compare high amounts of THC to low amounts of psilocybin. Possibly some mild visual illusions, and the obvious change in thought patterns. The experiences in a whole though are completely different. I find a low dose of mushrooms feels nothing like any dose of marijuana. Totally different in my opinion. Now my opinion, being my own, doesn't have to agree with yours. If you find they're effects similar on some level then that's fine. Its just that I don't.

EDIT: About the socks and TV's things. It was sarcasm. Just incase you didn't notice.

OfflineDeviate
    #3753291 - 02/08/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

psychoactive only means that it alters the mind, it's not a classification. marijuana is very unique but since its affects are psychedelic in nature many people classify it as a psychedelic. there is no other way to classify it except by itself in its own class. i agree the experiences as a whole are very different and when i say they are similar i dont mean in similar in the sense that on shrooms i would say "wow, this is just like marijuana". i mean similar in the sense that i might say "well i experienced a hint of this before, on marijuana." for example all the effects i listed in my last post can be experienced to some degree on both shrooms and marijuana.

when you say you don't find their affects similar on any level i have to question that. you don't find enhancement of music or other sounds can occur on both? you find that CEVs can occur on both? you don't find colors can appear brighter on both? in the world of drugs those are important similarities. what drugs other than psychedelics can produce such enhancements?

edit: also keep in mind im talking about very low doses. i'm not saying a true mushroom trip is anything like smoking a joint.

Edited by Deviate (02/08/05 11:58 PM)

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

#3753499 - 02/09/05 12:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quick note: I'm pretty stoned right now, so just bare with any grammar problems in the following post, lol.

No matter how general a term psychoactive is, I don't think you'll find to many people that will strongly say that THC is psychedelic. Though, I am starting to see where your coming from with this. Really  taking anything psychoactive is going to make you experience things that are similar to what you mentioned. Like slightly brighter colors, some visual distortions, and music sounding "deeper" or "better". You cant use this to say that THC and psilocybin give effects that are similar to each other though. Psilocybin gives effects much greater then any weed can give. It also has many other things that THC does not, mainly the mental and spiratual part to it. THC can in no way compete with the emotions that come with mushroom use. It also cant compete with the intensity of the visuals that can come with mushrooms, both CEV and OEV.

So this is about all your gonna get out of me. Weed is to mushrooms, as a Dodge Neon is to a B52 Bomber. They're both machines used in transportation, but c'mon :smirk:

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3753615 - 02/09/05 12:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

gotta agree with most of that post, but in most of the psychology books or papers i have read it does have marijuana classified as a psycedelic. while not a very strong one compared with others, it has its moments.

i think weed and mushrooms dont have much in common. the whole thought process is just too different.
i would describe the whole mushroom experiance as much more confusing and disorienting than marijuana. while you might lose some motor coordination when you are high, your whole mind is somewhere else on mushrooms which has a pretty large effect

also you cannot get nearly as far spiritually on dope than mushrooms. i havent ever had a life changing high, while almost every single mushroom trip has had its own individual lasting impacts

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: holio1]
    #3753662 - 02/09/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I agree that marijuana is not on the same level of psilocybin/psilocin. as i stated above, slightly rephrased, Shrooms allow your subconscious to take a more active role, in what is otherwise known as a conscious reality. whereas marijuana only enhances the way you interpret the conscious reality.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineDeviate
    #3753803 - 02/09/05 01:13 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trainwreck said:
Quick note: I'm pretty stoned right now, so just bare with any grammar problems in the following post, lol.

No matter how general a term psychoactive is, I don't think you'll find to many people that will strongly say that THC is psychedelic. Though, I am starting to see where your coming from with this. Really  taking anything psychoactive is going to make you experience things that are similar to what you mentioned. Like slightly brighter colors, some visual distortions, and music sounding "deeper" or "better". You cant use this to say that THC and psilocybin give effects that are similar to each other though. Psilocybin gives effects much greater then any weed can give. It also has many other things that THC does not, mainly the mental and spiratual part to it. THC can in no way compete with the emotions that come with mushroom use. It also cant compete with the intensity of the visuals that can come with mushrooms, both CEV and OEV.

So this is about all your gonna get out of me. Weed is to mushrooms, as a Dodge Neon is to a B52 Bomber. They're both machines used in transportation, but c'mon :smirk:

i completely dissagree. taking anything psychoactive is not going to give you sense enhancements, in fact many psychoactives do just the opposite. like alcohol and nitrous oxide for instance. anything psychoactive is certainly NOT going to give you arrays of colorful closed eye 2-dimensional patterns like i have had many times with marijuana.  the visual affects of marijuana, however minor are distinctly psychedelic in nature (unlike the visual disturbances which occur on alcohol, opiates, etc). any psychoactive is not going to make music crisper, clearer and deeper like marijuana, nor will it give you altered senses of time, and self like marijuana.  i find it hard to believe you're attributing the psychedelic effects of marijuana to any psychoactive.

the first time i smoked marijuana i immediately understood what all the fuss was over psychedelic drugs and mind expansion and i made many predictions about what psychedelics did which proved correct when i tried shrooms. how would that be possible if marijuana wasn't psychedelic? non of the others drugs i had tried gave me any insight whatsoever as to what mushrooms would be like, yet marijuana's effects resembled  a far milder version of mushrooms across the board.

"also you cannot get nearly as far spiritually on dope than mushrooms. i havent ever had a life changing high, while almost every single mushroom trip has had its own individual lasting impacts    "

i've had many life changing highs. in fact marijuana changed my entire life completely and my worldview to a spiritual one. this was all before i ever tried mushrooms (which are incredibly spiritual to me, they totally blew me away with their power).  perhaps you aren't utilyzing marijuana to its full potential. many marijuana users will tell you that marijuana can be a very spiritual and useful drug and because of it's spritual effects i find it hard to envision marijuana as anything other than a psychedelic. i'm sure there are other people here who feel this way.

Edited by Deviate (02/09/05 01:15 AM)

OfflineDeviate
    #3753845 - 02/09/05 01:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

here is an online book about being stoned. http://www.druglibrary.org/special/tart/tartcont.htm it describes all the effects i am talking about by survaying 150 marijuana users. its discusses spiritual experiences, sense enhancements, altered senses of space and time, music, and comparisons to the more powerful psychedelics.

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

#3753854 - 02/09/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

1g has always reminded me of being really fucking stonned

--------------------

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3755051 - 02/09/05 08:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm with Deviate on this one. IMO cannabis has a psychedelic factor to it. Of course it's very weak comparing to strong psychedelics like mushrooms and acid, but it's there.

Offlineorichalc
Stranger

Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: Tadpole]
    #3755242 - 02/09/05 11:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

comparing pot and shrooms is akin to comparing apple and oranges, the rocky mountains in british columbia or in alberta...

all i have to say is that when i first tried shrooms, i expected something a tad bit "cooler" than the toke, but my expecatations were blasted out of the ballpark; and the shrooms kicked my ass afterwards because i thought of it on the same level of pot.

trust me, once you lose conception of time, yourself - reality basically - everything is so much different than pot, which just makes me lethargic, confused, and laughing and talking over stupid things.

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: orichalc]
    #3755597 - 02/09/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thanks a lot for all ur post guys (and i hope they keep comin!) but i would totally have to agree with deviate here that pot is a psychedelic, if u havent felt somethin psychedelic while on gear u have not pushed it to its limits or maybe you just cant?
anyway remember i was refferin' to a LOW dose 'shroom trip nothin more than a gram, maybe 1.5 but thats it.
well thanks everyone!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: pot vs shrooms? [Re: Arf]
    #3756636 - 02/09/05 05:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Most people who smoke pot are regular(daily-weekly) users. Using pot daily diminishes the psychedlic(sp) side of pot. When I first started using pot I had some HEAVY cev's and oev's. Now that Im a regular user I NEVER have any visuals from pot. I have built up a tolerence for the psychoactive side of pot.

If you trip on 5g's of mush today and take 5g's tomorrow......your not going to trip as hard.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

#3757947 - 02/09/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

taking anything psychoactive is not going to give you sense enhancements

That's exactly what psychoactive substances do, just each one in its own unique way. Can you honestly tell me that music doesn't sound better when your drunk? On mushrooms? Weed? Even nitrous? Because it does definitely sound different, if not always better, when under the influence of just about anything.

Quote:

arrays of colorful closed eye 2-dimensional patterns like i have had many times with marijuana

I have never had powerful closed eye visuals that you speak of on marijuana. As a matter of fact, I've never experienced anything on marijuana that can truly be called a 'visual'. With comments like this, I can already tell that you've never experienced a high dose of anything psychedelic. Then you'd really know what "arrays of  colorful closed eye" patterns are.

Quote:

i find it hard to believe you're attributing the psychedelic effects of marijuana to any psychoactive.

I never said actually said this. I said anything psychedelic will give you effects close to what you mentioned. Better read my post a few more times before you jump to any conclusions.

Quote:

the first time i smoked marijuana i immediately understood what all the fuss was over psychedelic drugs and mind expansion

Again I see you've never experienced anything truly psychedelic if you believe this. There is no way, even under the highest dose of THC, that you can really understand what the "fuss" was over the mind expanding effects of psychedelics.

Quote:

how would that be possible if marijuana wasn't psychedelic

Again? Man... Did you even read my post before you replied? I agree with you that marijuana is mildly (emphasis on mildly) psychedelic. Just not even close to the level of intensity that true psychedelics are, like psilocybin, LSD, Mescaline, DMT whatever.

Quote:

perhaps you aren't utilyzing marijuana to its full potential

Or better yet, maybe your just over exaggerating a little. I don't think you've ever seen how powerful psychedelics can be, true psychedelics can send you places that THC couldn't touch with a 100 foot pole. I think before you start comparing powers of substances, you find just how powerful some can be.

Take 10g of cubensis, then tell me just how powerful the psychedelic effects of marijuana are.

Quick addition. I love a healthy debate, and this one is definitely a good one. So once this is over, no hard feelings. I don't want to make enemies, but I do love to argue. So lets keep it going, cause I'm having fun :thumbup:

Your turn.

Edited by Trainwreck (02/09/05 09:10 PM)

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3759133 - 02/10/05 12:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've had some rather intense weed experiences with either brownies or the gas mask. At some of those points, I felt more fucked up in my body than I would on shrooms, but the shrooms take the cake with all the fucking up in the head going on. I've had shroom like hallucinations on weed, but they're not as vivid, nor are they as cool.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience