Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeeproots
Stranger
Incapacitated cakes
    #3750243 - 02/08/05 10:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:eek:I've had stagnant cakes in a home-made terrarium that haven't shown any sign of growth for months.  What the fuck?  Little mushrooms are on one that are about half an inch.  they haven't grown for months either and mycelium grew over them.  Its been at least 4 months I've been trying to birth these god damn cakes.  Humidity is fine, temp is a cooler than it should be. 68 degrees.  The only thing I can think of thats fucking this up is the CO2 concentration in the terrarium, does anyone know if this stunts shroom growth?  Any suggestions, please write back.  :mad2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Incapacitated cakes [Re: deeproots]
    #3750280 - 02/08/05 11:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the temp might have soemthing to do with it but also the co2 concentration, if its high will fuck shit up too. try to get the temp up to the mid 70's u also might have to dunk your cakes for a day cuz they might have dried out. try all this info and if it doesnt help try crumbleing and casing.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Incapacitated cakes [Re: deeproots]
    #3750288 - 02/08/05 11:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Are you doing anything to exchange said air in this chamber? I.E. fanning or some sort of air pump system to keep air from becoming stagnant or enriched with c02 ?
Temp is a tad low for good fruiting also IMHO .

And YES high concentrations of c02 will drastically effect mush growth.Massive aborts , small twisted mushies , splitting stems,disfigured caps, poor spore production.

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation