Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Only sickly ones
    #3747220 - 02/07/05 09:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What would cause one casing that was made the same as the rest to only produce very small sickly looking mushrooms. They are very thin, only getting to like 1/2" tall, the caps are opening way to early, and they are deformed. In most of them half of the cap is inside out. The only difference that I know of between this casing and the rest is that I had forgotten to put a drip shield in my new martha and this one was sitting under the ultrasonic output hose. This caused more water to build up on it than the rest. That has been corrected, but I'm afraid the casing is already lost. Any idea's on how to save it?

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Only sickly ones [Re: MadHatR]
    #3748073 - 02/07/05 11:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What is the substrate?

What is the water content like?

Sounds like you got a bedful of mutations - what do you put in your water resevoir?

'Doobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Only sickly ones [Re: ADoobie]
    #3748932 - 02/08/05 01:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It is your basic verm layer, WBS layer, and coir/verm/limestone layer with a cool mist running 80% of the day and ultrasonic running 6 times a day keeping the RH around 85% with 14 hours of light.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation