Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Buddha Responsible for the Death of Jesus [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #3758252 - 02/09/05 09:38 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Have a sense of humor.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineWakingUp
Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Buddha Responsible for the Death of Jesus [Re: Swami]
    #8277030 - 04/13/08 12:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Its not the teaching of any kind that should be to blame for anything, its those who take them literally and out of context. One is always left with their own discernment, we are responsible to see the truth in the words of others.
Again like others in this thread have said, this teaching is figurative, and clearly not for those of simple minds.

Another interesting point to note is that this teaching origionated long after the death of Jesus. Zen itself did not begin untill 700 years after his death.

As to staying anonymous, surely those enlightened in this day and age choose to stay anonymous due to persecution, on the otherhand they may just not reveal it because it is not nececearry to do so or may fuel ego. At any rate you cant blame the buddha, but only yourself for being ignorant.

--------------------
I've found myself, and found nothing...
My NEW GROW ROOM BITCHES!!!
My Current HPOO Project!

and this is a chipmunk on my hand

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Buddha Responsible for the Death of Jesus [Re: Gomp]
    #8277059 - 04/13/08 12:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
Quote:

Swami said:
The Buddha's teachings are responsible for the death of Jesus and Gandhi and MLK and others. His directive that "If you meet the Buddha on the road, you should kill him!" has led to the deaths of many great prophets and saints. Thanks a lot Siddartha. :mad:

Because of this, most enlightened masters prefer to stay anonymous for their own saftey.

how could one kill, one who's truly alive in death  :eek:
:rasta:

That's a cool thought, and historically speaking, since you guys are pondering this, if one groks Davidson's studies of Dravidian gods who started the Zoroaster/Mani/Mithras/JudeoChristian were the original Yama/Yami or Death cults, who became the devils for the other religions. Thus with a hecatomb of sacrificial bulls in the Illiad the early dualists sought to propitiate Chronos or the new Zeus who vanquished his father, or Yama turned into the scapegoat that we see today by new deities such who influenced by Buddhistic Yamantaka/Vajrabhairava cults of mystics of the time were teaching Death-killing tantras, the bastardation of which probably became basic for dualistic new religions which have since flourished. It can never be said that commercial civilizations are especially wise or deep, thus the original tantras were lost to them, while the whole time they as yet existed in the Himalayas and some other slow places.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]