Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Grandma ...
    #3745519 - 02/07/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My grandma found out I recently got some stuff that I have been looking for for awhile. She does not and never has support me in this area of my life. Well she got a deadbolt put onto her bedroom door so I wouldn't come in and attack her in the middle of the night or steal her stuff while she was out. She said that drug use leads to stealing and other shit too. Then she screamed "I HATE YOU". My grandma has never told me she hated me not even when she found out I smoked. She said no matter what I'll always love you. She is the one that has raised me my whole life .... I dunno what to do.

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Grandma ... [Re: JettaJay]
    #3745610 - 02/07/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am sorry to hear that.  Mending the situation quickly is your best bet, try talking to her about it once she has calmed down.  Remind her that not all drugs are bad, and that just because a drug is illegal does not mean it is wrong to use it in the right way.  Spiritually, or to relax and have fun with your friends.  Does she take medication for anything?  Ask her if she would be better off without drugs?

It sounds like she is repeating what the porpaganda machine has been telling her since she was young: drugs are bad.  They make you run around and laugh uncontrolably and want to rape tender young virgins. and steal from beggars.  The best way of getting her to accept this hobby of yours is to seperate the misinformation from fact.  Make sure she is getting her information from reliable sources, not www.antidrug.com or some bullshit like that.

Not to be negative, but in my experience it is very hard to get some older folks to change their viewpoints.  Especially when it comes to drug use.  That said, if she helped raise you your whole life then she should be willing to hear you out, if not change her mind.  I hope this goes well with her, I know how much it sucks to be rejected by those closest to you. :crying:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3745611 - 02/07/05 01:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds a bit like dementia. My grandmother had it, and she started to become meaner than hell there at the end. A personality change is a good indicator of this condition....

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3745666 - 02/07/05 01:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Tell her that she has been blinded by propaganda.

If she found a spore syringe, then I bet she fears you being a money-stealing junkie. Tell your growing mushrooms that make you feel good.

She'll slap the devil out of you with her cane.

Seriously though, if she's too old to be open minded, just move out (Do you live with her?)

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grandma ... [Re: Boom]
    #3745690 - 02/07/05 01:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I live with her ... I mean hell she's only 65 she should be more open minded ... oh well ....

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3745714 - 02/07/05 01:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I feel betrayed ... almost like she asked me to give up my beliefs. She'd never do that with me ... She stands for her religion like a lioness protects her cubs.

--------------------
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3746329 - 02/07/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Unfortunately, it's the price we pay for using an illegal substance.  I'm sorry your grandmother went off on you like that, Jetta.  :hug:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Grandma ... [Re: MOTH]
    #3746373 - 02/07/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

not all of us are blessed with an understanding family when it comes to our rituals...

my advice is to first follow swedens path...  and if that doesnt work, as a last resort, you must omit the substances from your lifestyle, only in word.  ie; lie.

i DESPISE telling people to lie, but it may be the only way to mend the situation with your grandmother... i was raised by my grandma as well, and i know how it would feel if she told me to give up my beliefs. 

another option would be to stand firm...  if whatever your talking about is Spiritual for you, then you need to convey that to her, like a grown man, firm confident in yourself and what you believe in, yet understanding of how she feels and why she feels that way.

there WILL be tension this way, but at least you dont have to lie, and you can prove to her that you are not a thief, through time.

also depending on how long youve been doing "whatever it is" youve been doing, you can cite that as reference to you not being a thief or immoral person (if youve been using for a long time).

tell her you are still her grandson and you look up to her as your mother, the one person whop has taught you right from wrong, and if she can try to learn to trust your decisions again, because so far you have done nothing wrong in the eyes of God...

use her religion to your advantage, go look for verses in the bible that can be used to aide your beliefs, i know there are many... maybe someone in here can text some for you... i dont know them by heart.

good luck, peace and love :heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Grandma ... [Re: Todcasil]
    #3746551 - 02/07/05 04:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Geeeez. Please get real people! Trying to convince your grandmother that the drug war is propaganda and some drugs are safe...etc..etc. is only going to dig a rift in your relationship even more.

She is your grandmother. She loves you for the kid she sees all the time, not the kid smoking pot/drinking with his friends. Divide the two! She doesn't need to know that stuff just as she doesn't need to know your sex life either.

Grandmothers have a horrible habit of dying so I suggest you suck up your pride, tell your grandmother you quit the drugs and you wish to have a relationship with her again because she means a lot to you.

This is your best bet for salvaging what you once had, because one thing is for sure, when you are older you won't look back and wish you gave your grandmother the "drugs are safe" spiel, instead you'll wish you spent meaningful time with her.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Edited by looner2 (02/07/05 04:54 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: Grandma ... [Re: looner2]
    #3746643 - 02/07/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
She is your grandmother. She loves you for the kid she sees all the time, not the kid smoking pot/drinking with his friends. Divide the two! She doesn't need to know that stuff just as she doesn't need to know your sex life either.

This is your best bet for salvaging what you once had, because one thing is for sure, when you are older you won't look back and wish you gave your grandmother the "drugs are safe" spiel, instead you'll wish you spent meaningful time with her.

if you would have just said this it would have been some excellent advice...  the whole schpiel was good advice delivered inside a package of  razors!  but i guess thats how youve always done it, aye?

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3746851 - 02/07/05 05:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well what drug has she found out about?

I can see her concerns if you started smoking crack or something...

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #3748396 - 02/07/05 10:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i doubt you'll ever get her to view your lifestyle as a healthy or normal one, but she will come to understand that it's important to you.

she does love you and wasn't lying when she said whe always will. i gaurantee she regrets losing her head and saying that thing to you.

you will have to work out a major discrepancy in viewpoints, but this does not mean you will not remain close. you'll both have to work past the things you disagree about.

i wish you luck.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grandma ... [Re: canid]
    #3748584 - 02/07/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

SHE FUCKING CALLED THE COPS ON ME .................. I am pissed off right now. She told them I had illigeal Mushroom LSD in her house .... they got there ans showed her my spore syringes ( what she found ) and they laughed at her.

--------------------
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#3749634 - 02/08/05 02:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

holy shit dude...

im at a loss here :shrugs:

good luck, bro...

you got my love and respect if that means ANYTHINg :heart:

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #3750060 - 02/08/05 06:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JettaJay said She told them I had illegal Mushroom LSD in her house

...Her house= her prerogative.

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grandma ... [Re: vinsue]
    #3750156 - 02/08/05 08:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

vinsue said:
Quote:

JettaJay said  She told them I had illegal Mushroom LSD in her house

...Her house= her prerogative.

She asked me to come live with her and help her with my paralyzed grandfather. I told her that I had different views when I cam to live with her. I lived with her up until I was about 14 then my mother when on this motherly kick and made me move in with her until Iwas 18. My grandmother then asked me to move back in with her. I did. I told her then about my occasional drinking and small drug use. She said it was ok ... she didn't support it but it was ok for now.

Also MUSHROOMS LSD I wished she would listen to me as figure out that mushroom = fungus = has t obe grown ... and LSD = Chemical = has to me made in a lab.

~~ JJ :gd_icon: :heart: Shine On

--------------------
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: Grandma ... [Re: Todcasil]
    #3750159 - 02/08/05 08:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
holy shit dude...

im at a loss here :shrugs:

good luck, bro...

you got my love and respect if that means ANYTHINg :heart:

That means alot Broher. I appreciate it !!

--------------------
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Grandma ... [Re: looner2]
    #3750324 - 02/08/05 09:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Bloody hell looner, you can be sensible and intelligent after all!
:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3752071 - 02/08/05 05:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oh man. :lol:

Your grandma called the cops on you, that's fucking classic. :lol:

Damn druggy :smirk:

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Grandma ... [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3752786 - 02/08/05 08:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So you're not in trouble ?
If cops laugh, thats always a good sign. When that happens, laugh with them and ask if they want to be your friends.
Dont forget the smile :smile2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag