Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesatanboy
I am the ONE.

Loc: Cape Town (SA)
My shroom trip
    #3745489 - 02/07/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I chopped up 4g of mushrooms, mixed it with honey and split it with my partner. By this time (8pm) I was starving as I hadn?t eaten since 1pm. I also had a couple of glasses of wine.  The honey was sweet but the shrooms still tasted like wood shavings or cardboard.

I decided to watch a Fatboy Slim (Norman Cook) DVD. All the lights were switched off,  only a string of fairy lights lighting the room.  Within 20 minutes the high kicked in.  Colours seemed brighter and images had an organic ?feel?.  My stomach felt warm right up to my head.  I felt a bit nauseous and could have vomited if I made any sudden movements. I thought that the honey was repeating on me.

Everything I said seemed hilarious and I couldn?t stop laughing.  This felt like a THC high.  My partner couldn?t feel anything (she had consumed some crisps an hour before). I started having strange out of body experiences. It felt as if I was in another room looking into the one we were sitting in. At times it felt as if I was floating just above my own head.

I decided to go to the toilet and as I was sitting there giggling to myself, I noticed that the floor had started moving.  It looked like waves on a pond.  I rushed out of the bathroom to tell my partner this.  She thought I was acting very strange as I had my shorts in my hand (I was just in a hurry to inform her of my discovery).  As I was telling her this the walls started breathing and the couch was ?enveloping? her as if it wanted to eat her. This was very funny and as I told her she stared back at me in disbelief. Her hair had also changed to a blue colour by now.  By this time she said that she could feel a strange feeling,  like after smoking a joint.

I couldn?t stop talking and joking around.  The DVD was ending (after more than a hour and a half) and it seemed like the DJ had only played four songs/tracks. There were weird distortions in the ?movie? as they used fish-eye lenses and ?stop-go? photography and other things,  weird (this was real and not a hallucination).

I received an sms from a friend wanting to know how it was going.  As I was trying to operate my now very strange looking phone,  my partner kept insisting that I return a call (not sms).  I was in the bathroom at this stage and did not think that it was appropriate.  I sent two sms?s that took forever to type as the keys were slippery and strange to touch.

I put a CHILL trance cd on the hi-fi,  on my partner?s insistence.  I had to make filter coffee too.  Walking around with a small flashlight I started with the coffee making process.  I also decided it was time to phone my buddy.  This was not a good idea as I was trying to explain the feeling I kept going into fits of giggles.  The coffee making process was not going well because I kept on picking up things and then putting them down again.

Eventually the coffee was percolating after 10-15 minutes of messing about and cleaning the floor (someone had spilt something).
I poured us the coffee and decided the fairy lights were too bright,
switched it off.  In relative darkness (moon shining through windows) we chatted about this high.  My partner said that we should relax and listen to the music.  I made myself comfortable on the floor (with a duvet and pillows) and closed my eyes.  WOW,  this is what I should have been doing from the start.  The music,  the shrooms, my brain or a combination off all, created the most amazing pictures in my head.  I saw a beautiful fairy, with a pink translucent dress and gossamer wings, standing on a boat.  There were a handful of men on the sailboat and it was very dark.  The boat was on a lake or river and it started sailing into the darkness.  I could see the riverbank disappearing behind the boat.

Then I was walking through a VERY dark forest and a Wizard started talking these words were in the track we were listening to).  Suddenly a sharp sound and a flash of bright light,  this was caused by my partner clinking a teaspoon in the coffee cup.  WOW.

I was thinking about the effect of plants on the brain.  I thought that these plants (mushrooms) have this effect on the human mind to warn man not to eat it (matter of survival for the other shrooms).  But man got high and said, ?where can I find some more of these?? Hehehe  I also thought that natural plant high?s beat the chemical variety in intensity and mind-expanding ways.

I was once again in this dark place (forest or huge cavern),  there were dark clouds overhead.  SUDDENLY two alien faces came through these clouds and hovered menacingly inches from my face.  That was scary!

I heard people talking to my left that was NOT (?) part of the music.  It sounded like evil orcs trying to get me to follow them down a different path.  I opened my eyes but they still seemed to be there.  I did not follow them as I felt that I was starting to come down.

This was approximately 12:30am.

I decided to go to bed and woke my partner, who was sleeping soundly at this stage. I felt tired but ?enlightened? at the same time.

I can recommend this experience.  I would like to try a heavier dosage and then sit outside in nature.
  :mushroom2:

--------------------
I am the ONE.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: My shroom trip [Re: satanboy]
    #3745544 - 02/07/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Not bad, but I will have to disagree with the part about natural plants being more powerful than synthetic substances. The alkaloid can be manipulated to be 100x more potent than it was in its natural plant form. Of course, this has yet to be done, or nothing similar has been found like psilocybin. I was mainly refering to LSD.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinesatanboy
I am the ONE.

Loc: Cape Town (SA)
Re: My shroom trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #3745778 - 02/07/05 04:20 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Not bad, but I will have to disagree with the part about natural plants being more powerful than synthetic substances. The alkaloid can be manipulated to be 100x more potent than it was in its natural plant form. Of course, this has yet to be done, or nothing similar has been found like psilocybin. I was mainly refering to LSD.

That was a thought that came into my head while under the influence.  It was not stated as fact. :smile:

--------------------
I am the ONE.

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
Re: My shroom trip [Re: satanboy]
    #3750140 - 02/08/05 09:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

IMHO i think acid is strong, but shrooms can be stronger and take you farther....

peace :mushroom2:
Alex

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

OfflineReprah
Baby Eater

Loc: England
Re: My shroom trip [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #3750183 - 02/08/05 10:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Heh heh, sounds like you had a good night. =P

IMO, acid > shrooms.

And I always get visuals of a dark forest. Every friggin' time. I've looked about a bit on the web and found out that trips are more complicated than I figured, and that the forest may actually be a "guide" of sorts.

--------------------
Eat right and exercise. Don't smoke, drink or take drugs. Get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: My shroom trip [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #3750827 - 02/08/05 02:03 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have heard many people say that. But per amount, acid is without a doubt stronger than mushrooms. Millionths of a gram compared to milligrams. There is no question. Some of my friends prefer shrooms for their power. I wish I had a preference, seeing as how I can't get any good cid.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Re: My shroom trip [Re: Reprah]
    #3751313 - 02/08/05 04:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Reprah said:
Heh heh, sounds like you had a good night. =P

IMO, acid > shrooms.

And I always get visuals of a dark forest. Every friggin' time. I've looked about a bit on the web and found out that trips are more complicated than I figured, and that the forest may actually be a "guide" of sorts.

Cool, got a link man? :smile:

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

OfflineDeviate
Re: My shroom trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #3757716 - 02/09/05 07:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
I have heard many people say that. But per amount, acid is without a doubt stronger than mushrooms. Millionths of a gram compared to milligrams. There is no question. Some of my friends prefer shrooms for their power. I wish I had a preference, seeing as how I can't get any good cid.

i think you're confusing potency with strenth, potency is the measure of amount to affect. i believe LSD is one of the most potent drugs known, i think only salvinorun A is more potent. the intensity of the experience is something different altogether. thc is more potent than psilocybin but a good dose of psilocybin is a much more intense experience. also, i'm curious what people mean when they say they cant get good acid. i thought all LSD was the same chemical, if the acid you get is weak couldn't you just take more hits?

OfflinePsiliPSIENTIST
Closet Chemist

Loc: watching you
Re: My shroom trip [Re: Deviate]
    #3757980 - 02/09/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

next time you trip try and find the movie waking life link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0243017/
It has mindblowing dialogue on human existence and its in some weird animation, like animation overlaying real-time, which will absorb you into the movie while tripping! I highly recommend this to anyone!

OfflinePsiliPSIENTIST
Closet Chemist

Loc: watching you
Re: My shroom trip [Re: PsiliPSIENTIST]
    #3757995 - 02/09/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, go here and watch the "first 8 minutes" trailer
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/waking_life/trailers.php?rtp=1&bc=78

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience