Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: notapillow]
    #3746412 - 02/07/05 04:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think if I heard someone say hella in person I would slap them, do people really say that shit offline?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #3746421 - 02/07/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yo b that shit is hella tight!

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: juende]
    #3746463 - 02/07/05 04:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

juende said:
it does not matter your race.
but i would think you would have some idea how easily that ebonic=ignorance , proper=right card is played. and how it is used against people of color being black yourself. are you saying you never met anyone who talked slang or ebonics to be intelligent. wtf??!?!
please don't based intellgence on someone elses standard. i just see this as trying to "pass" for something you are not.
i am not saying that every black person should speak one way but to break it down like that is disheartening.

I was kidding about being black, just wanted to see your reaction, but seriously, I have never, nor will ever meet someone I will find intelligent who speaks ebonics. It's not a race thing like you inferred either, you don't have to be black to speak in ebonics, the only pre-requisite is a scathing lack of intellect.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #3746474 - 02/07/05 04:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
I think if I heard someone say hella in person I would slap them, do people really say that shit offline?

yeah dude its been around forever
since i was like 10
i dont say it that much but it slips out now and then :smile:

--------------------

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3746513 - 02/07/05 04:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
Quote:

juende said:
it does not matter your race.
but i would think you would have some idea how easily that ebonic=ignorance , proper=right card is played. and how it is used against people of color being black yourself. are you saying you never met anyone who talked slang or ebonics to be intelligent. wtf??!?!
please don't based intellgence on someone elses standard. i just see this as trying to "pass" for something you are not.
i am not saying that every black person should speak one way but to break it down like that is disheartening.

I was kidding about being black, just wanted to see your reaction, but seriously, I have never, nor will ever meet someone I will find intelligent who speaks ebonics. It's not a race thing like you inferred either, you don't have to be black to speak in ebonics, the only pre-requisite is a scathing lack of intellect.

oh big suprise. no respecting black person would say the shit you are. the "blacksabbathrulz" is a dead give away -- get out much??

shiet, then who is ebonics associated with. when white people speak it they are called whiggers.

but seriously, I have never, nor will ever meet someone I will find intelligent who speaks ebonics.

your argument is so fucking weak. try facts instead of your bullshit and you'll be better off.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
    #3746562 - 02/07/05 04:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

juende, if you owned a company.. would you rather hire someone that spoke great english... or who spoke in ebonics?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: notapillow]
    #3746569 - 02/07/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:

yeah dude its been around forever
since i was like 10
i dont say it that much but it slips out now and then :smile:

straight up, I've been saying hella for years and that's hella cool...not everyone can be hella cool as californians :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: BrAiN]
    #3746652 - 02/07/05 05:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BrAiN said:
juende, if you owned a company.. would you rather hire someone that spoke great english... or who spoke in ebonics?

hmmm. i dunno i might take a glance at their qualifications and experience. i know its a long shot but that might be a factor. as long as we can commincate and the person can do the job.

and this is the extremes. is it either full ebonic or old english? we all know that is not the case.

User Gallery
    #3746660 - 02/07/05 05:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

juende said:
Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
Quote:

juende said:
it [sic] does not matter your race.

oh big suprise. no respecting black person would say the shit you are. the "blacksabbathrulz" is a dead give away -- get out much??

shiet, then who is ebonics associated with. when white people speak it they are called whiggers.

but seriously, I have never, nor will ever meet someone I will find intelligent who speaks ebonics.

your argument is so fucking weak. try facts instead of your bullshit and you'll be better off.

oh [sic] big suprise[sic]. no [sic] respecting[sic] black person would say the shit[sic] you are. the [sic]"blacksabbathrulz" is a dead give away[sic] -- [sic]get [sic]out much[sic]??

shiet[sic], then who is ebonics associated with[sic]. when[sic] white people speak it[sic] they are called whiggers.

your[sic] argument is so fucking weak. try[sic] facts [sic]instead of your bullshit[sic] and you'll be better off[sic].

You are wrong, I have multiple black friends who think ebonics is a scourge on the human race. You are the racist one, by inferring that because I'm white and think that ebonics is horrendous, that I'm somehow a racist? Give me a break. Did you ever stop to think that I simply recognize the fact that people who speak ebonics always have sub-par intelligence? You immediately thought to yourself black people are stupid essentially. I never thought that for a second. Also, speaking ebonics demonstrates a severe lack of comprehension of the english language. If someone lived in ebonics land, and then immigrated to the USA, I would say there is a chance that they are intelligent. However, everyone I have ever encountered that speaks ebonics is not a native to the imaginary world of ebonics land, however a citizen of the US. Therefore, they have the intelligence of a rock.

Why is it that black people like you tend to see things in terms of black and white, and then call people who don't see things that way racists, who

--------------------

User Gallery
    #3746672 - 02/07/05 05:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

juende said:
Quote:

BrAiN said:

hmmm. i dunno i might take a glance at their qualifications and experience. i know its a long shot but that might be a factor. as long as we can commincate and the person can do the job.

and this is the extremes. is it either full ebonic or old english? we all know that is not the case.

Definitely look at qualifications and experience, however, if the person who speaks ebonics is more qualified than the person who doesn't, I wouldn't hire either of them. Then again, I wouldn't be interviewing for mcdonald's, so I doubt I would ever encounter such a problem.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3746803 - 02/07/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Did you ever stop to think that I simply recognize the fact that people who speak ebonics always have sub-par intelligence? "

wow man...you need to seriously think about what you say before you say it.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

User Gallery
Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: kaiowas]
    #3746832 - 02/07/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
"Did you ever stop to think that I simply recognize the fact that people who speak ebonics always have sub-par intelligence? "

K..... I'm not sure if you are trying to say I'm a racist or a bigot, or whatever, but I've heard it all before. People either choose to speak ebonics, or they cannot cull enough from the english language in order to speak it. Either situation represents a lack of intelligence. Since there are some people here who assume that I am a racist, and that ebonics somehow equates to black people, let me point out I have several black friends, who grew up in Philadelphia, and one from Reading, and they speak english the same as I do.

--------------------

OfflineIrishNation
The Color Verde

#3746838 - 02/07/05 05:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

posh
osh-kosh
"welcome wagon"

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3746858 - 02/07/05 05:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
Quote:

kaiowas said:

K..... I'm not sure if you are trying to say I'm a racist or a bigot, or whatever, but I've heard it all before. People either choose to speak ebonics, or they cannot cull enough from the english language in order to speak it. Either situation represents a lack of intelligence. Since there are some people here who assume that I am a racist, and that ebonics somehow equates to black people, let me point out I have several black friends, who grew up in Philadelphia, and one from Reading, and they speak english the same as I do.

I didn't say a thing about you being racist or a bigot, I'm not trying to say anything but what I posted. it doesn't matter if you have black friends or not it's not the point

if any point was trying to be made was that you'r talking about lack of intelligence and then you post a generalization about people who speak ebonics.

--------------------

User Gallery
    #3746883 - 02/07/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
Quote:

kaiowas said:

I didn't say a thing about you being racist or a bigot, I'm not trying to say anything but what I posted. it doesn't matter if you have black friends or not it's not the point

if any point was trying to be made was that you'r talking about lack of intelligence and then you post a generalization about people who speak ebonics.

I understand where you are coming from. In general, generalizations are a very negative thing, and usually innacurate. Also, I probably shouldn't generalize about ebonics, and merely should have said that I have yet to encounter an intelligent person that speaks ebonics. Clearly I am in the wrong.

--------------------

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

#3746885 - 02/07/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You are the racist one, by inferring that because I'm white and think that ebonics is horrendous, that I'm somehow a racist?
ha, what would you call it. i doubt that you are so passionate about the english language to feel this way. its not about race here. you are talking out yer ass. its a generlization....

Did you ever stop to think that I simply recognize the fact that people who speak ebonics always have sub-par intelligence?
WTF?! how can you seriously say that. how a person speaks can not be the determining factor of their intelligence. it gives absolutely no history of the person. of what they know.

why don't you say this to one of your black friends or some random person and see what they say. just as alittle experiment. and remember to say it word for word.

If someone lived in ebonics land, and then immigrated to the USA, I would say there is a chance that they are intelligent.
i'm gonna ignore the fact that you said "ebonicsland"....
are you saying that there cannot be any change with in our own society? or whatever changes have occured are wrong. how many languages do you know that have stayed the same and proper throughout their use.
ok i get it, people who grew up in the US and speak ebonics should know better....

Therefore, they have the intelligence of a rock.
gee.

Why is it that black people like you tend to see things in terms of black and white, and then call people who don't see things that way racists, who

black people like me, eh? what people who stand up and speak out against your bullshit? people who know well enough not to take what you are saying for more than regurgitated ideals.

yeah...

User Gallery
    #3746914 - 02/07/05 05:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

juende said:
You are the racist one, by inferring that because I'm white and think that ebonics is horrendous, that I'm somehow a racist?
ha, what would you call it. i doubt that you are so passionate about the english language to feel this way. its not about race here. you are talking out yer ass. its a generlization....

Did you ever stop to think that I simply recognize the fact that people who speak ebonics always have sub-par intelligence?
WTF?! how can you seriously say that. how a person speaks can not be the determining factor of their intelligence. it gives absolutely no history of the person. of what they know.

why don't you say this to one of your black friends or some random person and see what they say. just as alittle experiment. and remember to say it word for word.

If someone lived in ebonics land, and then immigrated to the USA, I would say there is a chance that they are intelligent.
i'm gonna ignore the fact that you said "ebonicsland"....
are you saying that there cannot be any change with in our own society? or whatever changes have occured are wrong. how many languages do you know that have stayed the same and proper throughout their use.
ok i get it, people who grew up in the US and speak ebonics should know better....

Therefore, they have the intelligence of a rock.
gee.

black people like me, eh? what people who stand up and speak out against your bullshit? people who know well enough not to take what you are saying for more than regurgitated ideals.

yeah...

I just Immed my friend Anite, and said "Anyone who speaks ebonics has sub-par intelligence", he agreed wholeheartedly. You speak of generalizations, yet called me a racist without knowing my history or who I am.........

--------------------

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
    #3746923 - 02/07/05 05:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is stereotyping.

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

#3746961 - 02/07/05 06:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well if your friend Anite says so..... ask someone who doesn't share your views or you don't know already.

i am not gonna back off or take back anything i have said.

so you are telling me that you are completely color blind when speaking about ebonics?

and how do you say one thing to me and then tell kaiowas:
I understand where you are coming from. In general, generalizations are a very negative thing, and usually innacurate. Also, I probably shouldn't generalize about ebonics, and merely should have said that I have yet to encounter an intelligent person that speaks ebonics. Clearly I am in the wrong

yep.

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: Most annoying words to ever defile the english language... [Re: mikl]
    #3746970 - 02/07/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Anything ending in shizzle or sheezy.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order