Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing?
    #3742536 - 02/06/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A mild stomache ache? Hopefully one that isn't too bad...

I hope this is the same kind of green mold that grows on bread, lol. Anyway, has anyone tried eating shrooms off of a green mold contaminated casing/cake?

Thx

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3742556 - 02/06/05 08:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well I assume you will have pain and agony for quite a few hours, then "mild" symptoms for the next few days, with most likely bloody shit.

Edited by balls (02/06/05 08:45 PM)

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: balls]
    #3742568 - 02/06/05 08:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

just dont do it man.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: LethalX5]
    #3742575 - 02/06/05 08:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This dude on my grow log said that his friend has eaten shrooms from a green molded casing many times with no ill effects.

If its the same green mold that grows on bread, then I should be fine.

Neither of y'all have ever tried it, so I'd like to hear from someone who has...

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3742595 - 02/06/05 08:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I did a couple of times.. the green mold seems to give off some sort of secretion
that the mushies pick up, the trip was definately less pleasant, I didnt feel
well through the whole trip and it took a couple of days for my body to start
feeling OK again

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3742598 - 02/06/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

worst case scenario.... u hav a terrible trip and then u hav explosive bloody dihareea for a week before ur liver shuts down and gives you a slow, painful death.

worst case.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3742608 - 02/06/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first grow tho! THESE ARE MY ONLY FRUITS!!

I'm desperate. Was it really that horrid? Anything else to say?
I wish I could get more info/advice. Did the mold make you feel shitty for the couple of days after the trip?

--------------------

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3742617 - 02/06/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

4hodmt said:
worst case scenario.... u hav a terrible trip and then u hav explosive bloody dihareea for a week before ur liver shuts down and gives you a slow, painful death.

worst case.

Dont tell me that shit bitch!

Damnit! Now I'm starting to doubt my shrooms.  Fucking green mold!!!!  :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :confused:

Does anybody who has done them really think Ill die off of them, or get really fucked up?

--------------------

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

#3742642 - 02/06/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopesticides/ingredients/factsheets/factsheet_119200.htm

Quote:
"III. ASSESSING RISKS TO HUMAN HEALTH
There are no expected health risks from use of products containing this active ingredient if label directions are followed. Laboratory data indicate that no adverse effects are expected when people eat food treated with this T-39 strain of the Trichoderma fungus. However, there is a potential for eye and skin irritation and adverse acute lung effects for workers who mix, load and apply the pesticide products, or who enter a treated field within 12 hours of spraying. The lung effects do not appear to be due to the fungus itself, but may be caused by the inert substance present in the single registered product. EPA requires that workers wear goggles, long sleeved shirts, long pants, shoes, socks, and respirators to protect their eyes, skin, and lungs.
"

If the mold that infected my casing is Trichoderma harzianum Rifai Strain T-39 I should be alright.

http://www.mandet.com/MOLD.htm
Quote:
"
Other chemical substances they produce as growth by-products can be toxic to humans; these are known as "mycotoxins". The old Soviet Union used mycotoxins produced by two particular fungi, Stachybotrys and Trichoderma, as a chemical warfare agent. There was speculation that Saddam Hussein used these same mycotoxins, probably acquired from the Soviets, against the Kurds in northern Iraq prior to the Gulf War."

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3742654 - 02/06/05 09:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Bread molds are Aspergillus and Penicillium what your talking about is most likely the trich (Trichoderma) which is not known to be pathogenic but I'd try to set yourself on the right path instead of a path to self destruction. You know green mold today pink mold tomorrow XXXXX.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinebeav
Stranger
Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: hyphae]
    #3742687 - 02/06/05 09:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yea i was going to say, u die

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: beav]
    #3742710 - 02/06/05 09:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats why the mean green is so hated....If you could just eat some shrooms that had contams on the cake/casing then you wouldn't have to worry so much about sterility.. Dude just start over, it's not worth the risk. Cut your losses and start over, don't eat shrooms from a contamed cake/casing.

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: beav]
    #3742713 - 02/06/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't eat a shroom growing off something that Ive eaten before, off of bread. If its black mold... Then Im probably fucked. I dunno man, hard decision. It could be 100% safe, but it could also be fatal.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3742728 - 02/06/05 09:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Deaths gona come fast enough.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: KaptKid]
    #3742733 - 02/06/05 09:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah dude, but death at age 18 has got to suck.

--------------------

Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
    #3742734 - 02/06/05 09:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't do it, but if you are hell bent on it, we really can't stop you. If you dry them out AS MUCH AS YOU CAN I bet you could reduce the activity of the mold. cracker dry.

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Offlinejonas

Re: Whats the worst that will happen if you eat shrooms from a green mold contaminated casing? [Re: chocbruce]
    #3742793 - 02/06/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

are you stupid man ... don't eat it ... C'mon, did you really need us to tell you that?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3742797 - 02/06/05 09:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MycoJunkie said:
I'm desperate. Was it really that horrid?

I would compare it to chewing a handful of morning glory seeds that are coated
to stop people from eating them... it wasnt very pleasan at all.

Quote:

Did the mold make you feel shitty for the couple of days after the trip?

yes. normaly I feel fine the next morning

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

#3742823 - 02/06/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Fock.

Its decisions like these that make you or break you(r fucking liver).

--------------------

Offlinejonas

#3742835 - 02/06/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It shouldn't even be a decision you have to make dude. It's common sense. I don't debate on whether or not I should jump off a cliff, I don't see how this is much different.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies