Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineadamgotshot
Stranger
First time shroomer... I have a few questions..
    #3741714 - 02/06/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone.

After smoking pot for quite a while, I've been dying to try shrooms, and I finally got the opportunity, but I do have a few questions.

1) Since it will be my first trip, should I eat a whole eighth? Or no? I know that eating too many shrooms will be a really un-fun time if you don't know what you're getting in to.

2) How much does an eighth of shrooms cost? On average...

3) I will be alone. I think this could be a mistake, but I've heard that it's actually a lot better because you can do whatever you want. But my parents MIGHT be home.. I'm not sure if I can get away with it cause I might be going crazy and get caught. Which would suck.

I'm pretty sure that's all the questions I have. Feel free to IM me with your answers. My screen name is adamgotshot .

Thanks a lot.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: First time shroomer... I have a few questions.. [Re: adamgotshot]
    #3741760 - 02/06/05 07:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1. Depends on the strain. If it's normal cubensis, then an 1/8 will be a bit much if you ask me. I would shoot for 2.5grams

2. varies

3. If your parents are going to be home, don't do it there, that would not be a cool place to be caught, especially on shrooms. Nature is the ultimate trip toy...I would recommend nature. I would also recommend a sober trip sitter.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinePinkFloydRocks
Stranger
Re: First time shroomer... I have a few questions.. [Re: dblaney]
    #3742333 - 02/06/05 09:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've been waiting to try shrooms for a while but still haven't.

However last night 5 friends showed up at my house about two minutes after eating some shrooms for the first time. They are the kinda people who don't read or research or take many precautions before doing something. I have been reading into all sorts of psychedelics for about a year. Any ways, they came to my house and we went and hung out in my room while my mom was still awake in the living room. I had one hell of a time trying to sit all of them. having my mom in the house just added to the paranoia. one girl started crying and said she was gonna kill herself. it was quite an experience for me though. i would recommend having someone with you who knows what their doing. i figured out the best way to coax them into happiness was upbeat music, anything funny, or just changing the situation(lights or going outside) also stay away from skunks. They saw a skunk and everyone took off running(fast too). It took me half an hour to round em up and convince them the skunk was gone. Back to the point. Tripping with a parent around can be done but is not ideal. id say a sitter is important in case anything does go wrong, and the price around here is around 30 bucks for 3.5 grams. Also from my experiences i would recomend half an eighth. thats what they took and were'nt to gone but definetely tripped. and i suggest reading into it. Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary is a good book.

--------------------
"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
-John Lennon

"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war."
-Albert Einstein

Offlinephatty777
Stranger
Re: First time shroomer... I have a few questions.. [Re: adamgotshot]
    #3742577 - 02/06/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

the first time I boomed i did em at night with my parents home and i was fine and just chilled in my room. and as long as you know its not real youll be fine oh and dont eat a whole 1/8  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Silence the violence increase the peace

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: First time shroomer... I have a few questions.. [Re: PinkFloydRocks]
    #3744333 - 02/07/05 07:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It took me half an hour to round em up and convince them the skunk was gone.

:lol:

Anyway.
Don't eat a whole eighth.  2g's should be ideal for a first timer.
Don't do it at home with your parents.  Thats for sure.
I personaly recommend a trip companion, rather than a sober sitter.  Unless you are prone to getting into really stupid situations, you should be fine.  In fact, a tripping friend can be your only tie to something that is 'with you' on your journey.
Make sure you have the whole day off. I second the nature btw. =]

Have fun.

:sun:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience