Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Weed and Winter Illness
    #3732478 - 02/04/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Something amazing happened to me this winter. I didn't get sick. This is the first winter since i was 16 that i didn't smoke weed regularly.

Every winter i get horribly sick. I often get sick 5-6 times every winter and sometimes one illness would overlap the other and i would be bed ridden for weeks at a time. Last winter i even took an HIV test because i thought i had an immune deficiency. Turns out it was just related to weed smoking...And no, i didn't smoke swag, it was always dank and it would always give me the flu/bronchitis/cold/whatever all winter long. This winter i haven't smoked weed as much and i have been flawlessly healthy all year for the first time i can remember. Has anyone else had a similar experience or is it just me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Weed and Winter Illness [Re: Catalysis]
    #3733595 - 02/05/05 12:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I smoked weed every day so far this winter. And I have not gotten sick once, even after sharing a pipe with my sick friends. How was the doctor able to determine your illness was from smoking herb?

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3733630 - 02/05/05 12:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have read that smoking weed will lower one's immune resistance, but I can't say if that's a fact or not.

Maybe it's not the weed itself, but smoking it with friends by sharing bongs, joints or pipes. Flu and Cold viri are usually transmitted through the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose, so that would probably be a good vector to transmit it...

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Weed and Winter Illness [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3733660 - 02/05/05 12:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well, no doctor ever said i was getting sick from weed but ill tell you the facts. I have gotten sick multiple times every winter for as long as i can remember (about 10 years) and this winter has just blown me away by the fact i haven't gotten sick once and its the first winter i didnt smoke weed. Also, my sicknesses would mostly be bronchitis and lung-related. Thats all i can really say aside from the fact that i have been astounded by my resilience this winter. I can say with a high probability that weed was getting me sick over the past winters. I don't know what else to say. Im so sure of it and its such a drastic change that i am amazed. With such a drastic difference i find it hard to believe that it was due to the additional vector such as sharing pipes. I am also a scientist, just to say that i don't take "flukes" or random variations lightly.

I honestly believe that marijauna was significantly lowering the effectiveness of my immune system.

OfflineSidiHidi
inactive
    #3734546 - 02/05/05 08:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i have had the opposite experience
i don't smoke with anyone but one
person except on occasion

--------------------
R.I.P. Hunter, you will certainly be missed

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Weed and Winter Illness [Re: SidiHidi]
    #3734968 - 02/05/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I already have a low immune system, pot actual helped strengthen it over a few years, it was brought down because of mononucleosis, i JUST got sick after the winter finaly died down, and i was smoking all winter. The flu's just recently going around over here, same thing that pope went to the hospital for, closing of the throat etc, smoked a bowl took a benedryl and i feel fine.

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Weed and Winter Illness [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3739386 - 02/06/05 03:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i was always under the impression that weed would help boost the immune system because it lowers stress levels.

Edited by Cosm (02/06/05 03:09 AM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3741290 - 02/06/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i made a post about this once a few years ago,

i had noticed that when i was smoking weed regularly, i would never get sick

i am not sure what the deal with that is

anyways, i dont smoke weed anymore and i have gotten sick like 4 times this winter....its horrible
i dont know if its just that weed keeps me from getting stressed out or what
but i've gotten sick a lot this winter and normally i dont

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Weed and Winter Illness [Re: Cosm]
    #3741372 - 02/06/05 04:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

In the past 4 years since I started smoking heavily, I have been sick with a cold twice. Maybe the problem is, you're not smoking enough weed???

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains