Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKing44444
Stranger
Newbie question.
    #373709 - 08/17/01 03:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

First off I would like to apologize not showing a picture with this question, but I don?t not have a camera. This is my second batch using the PF tek. My first batch was with the Hawaiian strain of mushrooms. I had no problems with my first batch, It pinned and grew mushrooms no problem. Just like everything I read. My second batch I?m growing the B+ mushroom, and on the cakes they have growing round bumps on them. I?m trying to be descriptive as possible. The bumps color is tan, like the color of a steam of a mushroom. Not white like the mycelium around it. I left it for a few days and the cakes have started to pin and grow mushrooms on different spots of the cake. Now today it looks like mycelium is starting to grow over these bumps. I?m pretty sure these bumps are growth from the mycelium but what are they? Are they odd aborts? Even though they are not in the shape of a steam? Any ideas? Should I remove these bumps?
Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: Newbie question. [Re: King44444]
    #373719 - 08/17/01 03:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

little tan bumps... at first I would say that it's because the mycelium was in contact with water, which turns the mycelium to a tan-like colour... But then I remembered something about aborts that hadn't even developed yet, so maybe you're right... I wouldn't worry too much about it if it's not spreading and the mycelium is growing over it... Remove them, sure, if you can without hurting the cake... Good Luck.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum