Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline420Smoka
Stranger
? about growing
    #373655 - 08/17/01 11:11 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Hey ie been wanting to try hallucinogens 4 some time now.......But i cant find any one 2 sell me anything. So ive decided 2 start growing shrooms. i was wondering what is an easy way 2 grow shrooms . Pretty much what i need 2 know is how 2 make a terrarium or anything else i need 2 have 2 grow them, i need to know how 2 grow them, & i need to know what i need to buy to make all this happen. Thanks please dont refer me to erowid.com or something & whoever helps me will get half of my crop 4 helpingg me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: ? about growing [Re: 420Smoka]
    #373662 - 08/17/01 11:31 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Read PF TEK over and over untill you are familiar with the procedures and various steps, first of all try to understand what a mushroom is, in what habitat and conditions they grow, at the end this is all about a mimic of mother nature.
You can find several TEKs in this site, just go to the main page and follow the links. Remember that patience is really needed if you want to go with this hobby.

Cheers,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
    #373672 - 08/17/01 11:39 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, the key word is PATIENCE. Don't expect the people on these boards to write a whole tek down for you, explaining how to do everything... All the info. you need about growing can be found in the "Grow/Find" section here at the shroomery. Read the PF Tek, the MMGG, read them over. Then read them over again. Now, after you have done that, you will understand what you need, and how you're going to do it. If you have ?'s after reading these teks, please ask us.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Offline420Smoka
Stranger
Re: ? about growing [Re: Shiznitz]
    #373694 - 08/17/01 12:07 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

thanks guys. i went where u told me to go & i decided to use " the quart jar way revised " seems simple enough. i just got 3 easy q's 4 u guys. In the article it says' place jars in classic upside down ( seals up ), what does that mean, turn the jar upside down ?How do u put them in the pressure cooker, upside down ? & last When u r supposed to tip the jar to release c02 do u take the lid off , i just dont understand this. But if i can understand these i think i can grow shrooms , so please reply, thanks

OfflineShiznitz
addict
    #373696 - 08/17/01 12:20 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

that tek is simple, but I think it's better to go with the PF tek or the MMGG tek, IMO.

Well if it said seals up, then put them up, the normal way.
When you pressure cook them, put them up, not down.
When you put the jars on their sides (which I don't recommend doing until the jars are colonized) you don't take the lids off. You simply loosen the lid by giving it a 1/4 turn, and you remove the tinfoil and/or tape that was once covering the innoculation holes.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
    #373704 - 08/17/01 01:08 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

>> In the article it says' place jars in classic upside down ( seals up )

That means the lids of the jar. The inner part of the lid has rubber or something on one side. Thsi gets melted and causes the jars to seal so air can not get in and out. You want to turn this around so that the jar does not seal air tight. In other words the rubber part touches the other part of the lid not the jar.

As 420 said the jars go right side up. you don't want water getting in them.

>> When u r supposed to tip the jar to release c02 do u take the lid off

provided you did the lid correctly and have holes in the lid(not sure if that tek requires it) then you do not take the lid off. if you have no holes in the lid you can loosen it up a little bit then tip it so the co2 will drain out. (loosening the lid can increase chances of contams)

Hope that helps and good luck on your first time. as a newby my self i would also recommend PFTEK or MMGG but then again i read them all cancame up with my own setup for my first tiem so waht do i know aobut following directions. J/k most of my stuff came out of the MMGG except i used Brown rice insted of brown rice flower. i did try BRF later and still prefer BR (more sapce for it to grow).

L3D

Offline420Smoka
Stranger
    #373705 - 08/17/01 01:10 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

ok thanks last q. I need 2 buy a spore print & a syringe right ? any advice on where 2 get it. When i finally do get it in the mail how do i use it. thanks

OfflineShiznitz
addict
    #373713 - 08/17/01 01:25 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

You don't really need to buy a print, because a syringe that you buy from a vendor is a print inside of the syringe. If you buy a print, you'll have to make your own syringe, so it is better to buy a syringe.

There's a lot of vendors to buy from: sporechicks, thehawkseye, fanaticus, 3m, CaptainMax, etc... Go to the vendor forum and ask there...

Once you get the syringe, you use it to innoculate the jars... Read more about this in the PF tek.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Offlineparanoiac21
Loc: Jersey USA
    #373732 - 08/17/01 02:03 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

you can print out the Pf tek (which is the best for newbies like me and you) from this website. It'll tell you what to do in the directions with everything. And you can buy a syringe (that has spores in them already) you don't need both.

--------------------
"...sure, IN theeoory, in theory communism works..." - The great Homer (J. Simpson)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck