Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBklstheman
Stranger
Just a few quick questions
    #3735363 - 02/05/05 03:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I was just wondering which would be the fastest way to dry mushrooms between keeping a light over them or blow a fan on them? I've read up on both I just would like to know which way is faster

Also this one is kind of a what if question. If I go ahead and make some tea, how long will the tea last? As if I make it will it start to loose some magic in a day, week, month?

thanks for any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Just a few quick questions [Re: Bklstheman]
    #3735399 - 02/05/05 03:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Probably fan drying would be faster.

As for the tea, in the refrigerator it would probably retain its magic for a while, but it would spoil within a week most likely. If you put it in the freezer and let it freeze on the other hand, it would probably last quite a bit longer.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3735423 - 02/05/05 04:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bklstheman said:
I was just wondering which would be the fastest way to dry mushrooms between keeping a light over them or blow a fan on them? I've read up on both I just would like to know which way is faster

If you have 40 bucks, go to walmart and get a dehydrator with a heat setting that goes down to at least 95 degrees. I have one made by NESCO. It works great. Others will tell you to use a fan. I would avoid using a light, particularly if they are fresh- doing so will cause whatever little critters may be in them to grow and spread. You'll likely get maggots.

Also this one is kind of a what if question. If I go ahead and make some tea, how long will the tea last? As if I make it will it start to loose some magic in a day, week, month?

Tea will be okay in the fridge for 3 or 4 days but then will start to do like any other juice- mold will start to take hold on it. I don't think freezing the tea is a good idea. Others may have some experience with this and say otherwise. I think the best storage method is to dry them on a dehydrator and then blend them into a powder. Make sure they are completely dry (cracker dry). The powder can be put in little baggies (plastic zip locs) and stored in a cool dark place and will last a very long time- probably a year or more, though I've never kept them that long.

Edited by newusername222 (02/05/05 07:15 PM)

OfflineHubertCumberdale
Tripper
    #3735691 - 02/05/05 05:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I used to just put them on paper bags/ newspaper in my closet and let them dry. I took about 2-3 days for them to dry but its simple and easy.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience