Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSheepfish
Stranger
Loc: Cheddar
Pressure problems
    #3735323 - 02/05/05 01:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've got a bit of a problem and I can't find a relevant answer. (I've lurked here for a while) It's with the fruiting tent chamber.

I'm using a 'martha stewart' setup with a cool mist running constantly and an ultrasonic on sporadically. The problem is, I sealed up the tent as best i could and with the cool mist blowing, the pressure builds up so that the ultrasonic mist isn't allowed out of the pipe. When I open the tent a bit to release the pressure, the ultrasonic does kick in, but humidity is soon lost because the tent has a big opening in it.

I can't really block the cool mist because it'll just burn the motor out. I'm thinking of taking it apart and removing a few blades from the internal fan because the unit is a bit strong. If I doo have to keep a hole in the tent, where wouldbe best to have it in order to minimise the loss of humidity? Also, what is the ideal humidity level, mine is about 95%-80% but it drops to 80% pretty quickly after the ultrasonic is turned off. Do other people manually spray their casings as well, I've had to because they seem to be drying out pretty quick.

Thanks fo any help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Pressure problems [Re: Sheepfish]
    #3735331 - 02/05/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You need to put drain holes at the bottom...sorry if this is a short answer or not what your lookin for but the wife is hurrying me up right now....

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

OfflineSheepfish
Stranger
Re: Pressure problems [Re: Taskenti]
    #3735346 - 02/05/05 01:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

There's never really much standing water in the bottom of the tent. Should i run my ultrasonic mister a bit more until the bottom of the tent gets wet? It's running 15 minutes every 2 hours at the moment.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Pressure problems [Re: Taskenti]
    #3735353 - 02/05/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

He is right. First of all, you only need some small holes to relieve pressure...remember that.

As for the placement of those holes, you want them on the bottom of the chamber with a drip pan. The humidity will rise, collect on the sides and top, and drip down to the bottom. Having drains is a good thing anyhow. Downward and outward flowing air will keep the contamn level down to a mimimum as long as your sources as fairly clean.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: Pressure problems [Re: ADoobie]
    #3735361 - 02/05/05 01:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you loose humidity just increase your cycle...the only reason why you cycle in the first place is because things get too humid.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineSheepfish
Stranger
    #3735375 - 02/05/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OK thanks, that seems to make sense. I'm thinking about having a timer on the cool mist to turn it off while the ultrasonic is running. It should create a better mist. People seem to be keen on constant air exchange though so would this be sensible?

edit: so you reckon running the ultrasonic until there are drops of water forming on the sides of the tent? At the moment it cuts off before it gets to that point. The tent never really gets too wet.

Edited by Sheepfish (02/05/05 01:54 PM)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3735405 - 02/05/05 01:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Do not remove blades you will be very sorry if you do , it will throw thing all off balance and will become damaged and unsafe , create some vent points in bottom of chamber to reduce work load on motor.

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3735425 - 02/05/05 02:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I can't remember, but I think condensation in uniform temperatures indicates 95-100% RH...which, from what I understand is where you want things for cakes.

Also, head to the pet store PLEASE and pick up a hygrometer. Measure your humidity. The things only cost a few bucks (get a digital one). If you can afford a martha you can definitely get a few essentials for it :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:

OfflineSheepfish
Stranger
    #3735443 - 02/05/05 02:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've already got one. It varies between 95% and 80%, although it drops off to 80 pretty quickly. I reckon I'll turn it on for longer periods as the inside of the tent isn't getting too wet.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3735460 - 02/05/05 02:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oh dude you want your RH way up there. Get that thing kicking on like once every hour for however long it takes to get the RH up to 100%...have it kick itself on whenever that RH drops to 90-95%.

That is probably the biggest issue. 80% just doesn't do it for cakes I think.

--------------------
ADoobie said:

OfflineSheepfish
Stranger
    #3735764 - 02/05/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Right. I was worried about puddles on the floor of the tent. I suppose I'll make a few holes and drain it out and keep the ultrasonic running a lot more than it is.

Thanks for the help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom