Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Keeping bulk grows contam proof and humidified
    #3734716 - 02/05/05 11:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

When growing bulk (just puting the casing in the bottom of a rubbermaid tub) is spraying the sides of the tubs every other day or so the only way to humidify, and is it necessary to have an airpump for air exchange or can i just open the top and fan it myself. Ive never done a small casing, and I would like to just jump to this, but I dont know if it will be too difficult  :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: I moved!
Re: Keeping bulk grows contam proof and humidified [Re: NextKind]
    #3734753 - 02/05/05 12:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well the biggest issue I have found with using a tub as it's own fruiting chamber is water collection:

First, water begins to puddle at the bottom of your tub. This water is a result of all that spraying on the sides of your tub. The substrate on the sides tend to act like an over-watered casing layer in that they begin to overlay and cover themselves with a layer of dead cells. Not too bad sinse you aren't trying to pin from the sides. However, they are not nearly as receptive of water - therefore the water that you spray on the sides of the bin starts to seriously just drip to the bottom and collect.

Don't get me wrong. People here have had enormous results without worrying about it. It's just an issue that raises concern for me.

Drainage holes? well now you aren't talking about a nice clean tub. You probably want it inside another tub at this point...now why don't you just buy a low long pan and toss it into that second tub with perlite...hence a standard casing.

Again, it works great. I just don't like that aspect of it.

ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation