Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins
    #3734612 - 02/05/05 09:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This morning it was brought to my attention that ethnobotanysource.com is one of many vendors of San Pedro who are offering dried peeled skins of San Pedro to the public and/or chunks of dried skins and/or San Pedro extracts.

I want to inform all of them that they are selling a controlled substance in a prepared form.

There are currently three factores for San pedro being legal in the United States of America.
1. They are used in grafting. This means that you can graft any catctus in the world which would not survive outside of its natural habitat to the top of a San Pedro cactus and it will survive out of its natural habitat.

2. It has a different Latin name than peyote (Lophophora williamsii) whereas San Pedro's Latin name is Thichocereus pachanoi and about 13 related species.

3. It is not sold on street corners like pot, cocaine, crack, heroin, etc. And it is not prepared in any manner.

Selling dried material is highly illegal. And the reason is is that it is prepared.

While San Pedro in itself is not illegal as long as it is fresh, drying it and selling it as such is considered by the DEA and law enforcement agencies throughout the continental USA as contrabaned matrerials and you can be charged and presecuted under the law.

What you are doing by peeling the skins off and selling them is considered as manufacturing and being greedy by drying and selling in a dried form you could eventually lead to its being made illegal in the USA. And to criminal presecutions for possing mescaline which is illegal to have.

Mescaline is a schedule 1 controlled substance and is illegal to pssess, sell, distribute, etc.

Right now, fresh mushrooms in England and the UK are about to become illegal due to all of the idiots who decided to open stores and sell the frsh mushrooms openly to anyone who wanted them. Since 1976 it was not illegal in UK to posses such mushroms as long as they were fresh. Selling them publically became a whole new ball game and more than 300 shops now face closure this summer when the new laws are enacted against the sale of any fresh psilocybian mushroms in UK.

That means that the thousands of yearly pickers will now face prosecution if they are caught picking shrooms. Since 1976, not a single picker in the UK faced these kinda charges. So A few greedy people made the shrooms illegal for all.

This is what will happen to San Pedro if these people here in the USA continue to offer dried skins and extracts for sale to the general public on the internet.

And selling dried San Pedro can also lead to the fresh cacti becoming illegal in the United States.

This is really a stupid thing to do and prospective buyers from any of these people who sell dried skins and extracts should tell the vendors who do so they are going to hurt others chances of experiencing this beautiful sacred entheogenic plant.

I previously warned internet viewers about the shops in England several years ago that the law would take over and make the sales of fresh magic shrooms illegal and that int turn would cause thousands of others problems where there never were any as long as one could go pick the shrooms without fear of any legal hassles. Now those perspective pickers will face hassles and fines and jail terms for such activities. All because several hundred people became greedy and runined it for tghe majority.

Please think about this matter carefully because greedy vendors can hurt this for everyone.

This is not a paranoid response to the matter but a serious thought for all to make a point to the vendors who peddle the dried materials. They are illegal in that form. Think about it carefully becase it affects us all int he long run.

I have been fortunate regarding San pedro because i have used it since 1974 or so and NEver had a problem in obtaining it legally.

These sales by greedy vendors will bribng its downfall for all of us.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3734620 - 02/05/05 09:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I thought this was a no brainer, guess not  :tongue:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: gdman]
    #3734846 - 02/05/05 10:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree, mjshroomer, this is a bad thing. I would not be at all surprised if some federal agency is investigating this now. I would also not be surprised if at some time in the future they announce a bunch of arrests and shut down some people. I hope not but this is the same administration that had a huge bust last year for glass. Yes, they busted people for selling glass and made it stick. I think the only reason ebay allows it now is because they are cooperating with the feds to help them catch as many people as possible. Ebay is the lowest form of scum and will turn you in or rip you off without a second thought. They will turn over your personal information to the law without a warrant or any legal papers.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3734860 - 02/05/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

someone said this before, I'll say it now, ebay- we do not elect them, yet they can run our lives.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineenu
Stranger
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: gdman]
    #3735951 - 02/05/05 03:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree, this needs to stop. If someone wishes to utilize this plant to it's full potential they should have no other option but to buy this plant in it's intended legitimate state and process discretely.

If this doesn't stop now by way of the voices of the community, we may very well wake up one day to find that someone else has stopped it for us.

I don't use this material, never had. But as it now stands I have the option to if I so desire.

The reason we as people lose are rights is because when we hear they are being taken away, or discover a situation which could potentially lead to their dissipation, we simply stand by on the sidelines gawking towards the field like idiot spectators.

My proposal is for as many people as possible to contact the people engaging in this activity and urge them to stop. Contact ebay and inform them of this activity before word spreads to far if entirely necessary.

Suggestions?

Edited by enu (02/05/05 03:57 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3736117 - 02/05/05 04:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So what your saying is I better buy as much as I can before its made illegal???

Oh.......wait :tongue: I'm Canadian eh, even peyote is legal here :thumbup:
(Sorry guys, I am bit trying to be a dick or anything :tongue: )

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3736743 - 02/05/05 06:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

heh, good one, psilo! :wink:

MJ, this is a huge bomb.
it really is a pity for the vendors of plants and herbs in the US that this market is darn gray area whereas in other countries (specially poor countries) it often is the backbone of the local medicine...
here in brazil there are people that simply don't have a pharmacy in a range of hundreds of miles, they rely on the woods for healing. so much that even in the big city one is able to find most (not ALL) healing plants, and there's a increasing number of people (i am referring to the whole planet now) seeking plants rather than pills for healing or whatever is their purposes (spiritual, etc...)...
the vendors should try to set themselves as best as they can in the law matters, by knowing the law and using what could be used against them in their favor...

FH

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: felixhigh]
    #3737933 - 02/05/05 10:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's only a matter of time before all grey market activities all become illegal here in our great free country. I believe it is only a matter of time before spores, salvia, poppy pods, cough syrup *DXM, and just about any plant that can alter perception is made illegal. The only good thing is we have the knowledge and way to distribute it so that people can find and identify them. It's not like the police can identify every "illegal" plant on the planet, we just need to privately cultivate and spread such plants to preserve them. The Indians of South America and Mexico preserved this information for generations under Spanish rule, and so must we, and hope for a time when people become more sensible. Till then we must preserve and fight for change. As for greedy motherfuckers trying to make a profit, they will always be around until they can't make extraordinary profits from plants that should be freely cultivated and harvested. Greedy people will eventually ruin it for everyone, but all we can do for now is pressure these vendors to do better business practices, to at least prolong the golden period we live in, which, unfortunately will probably be coming to an end at some point.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3738103 - 02/05/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I stand with MJ on this issue. The whole cactus should be sold fresh because of the social climate we're dealing with.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: World Spirit]
    #3738456 - 02/05/05 11:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

But the bag I got in the mail said it was Incense, and not for human consumption... :confused:

I recall reading something in the DEA microgram 'bout someone being found with dried cacti skins...So it is only a matter of time :frown:

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Boom]
    #3740088 - 02/06/05 08:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"it's only a matter of time..."

I hate threads like these. Not because they aren't making a good point (this thread is), but because it always brings me down - thinking about something like San Pedro being made illegal.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3740441 - 02/06/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, that shit's been going on quite a while :rolleyes:, I totally agree with you that it has a high potential to cause unwanted attention to san pedro.

hopefully they will listen to you before something happens, somehow I doubt they will until the DEA knocks on their door though, like the foolish chemical suppliers who advertised their shit on google and ruined a good thing for the rest of us last summer :nonono:

DH

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Boom]
    #3740920 - 02/06/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:
But the bag I got in the mail said it was Incense, and not for human consumption... :confused:

i could wrap marihuana and send you telling it's incense in the label but that wouldn't make the marihuana less marihuana.
indeed, the grayness of the area is what takes up the prices and makes this branch of biz so profitable...
with much respect to the herbs sponsors, all of it is ridiculous, if it were in my country (i don't wanna compare countries, far away from that... this is also something i don't understand - it must be some kind of economical protencionism policy, there's no excuse for it) the federal police would already be all over it and these 'businessmen' would better have a university degree, otherwise they'll be thrown in overcrowded cells with dealers, rapers and murders...

FH

OfflineAtma
100% Organic

Loc: All Natural
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: felixhigh]
    #3741301 - 02/06/05 03:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This should be emailed to vendors who sell the skins.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: theocean06]
    #3741499 - 02/06/05 04:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone heard of the DEA looking into San Pedro and other related cacti? I sure they are aware of what it contains, but have that investigated or put articles up on their website, something like that?

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: theocean06]
    #3741536 - 02/06/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i'm sure they've been on the ball about it, as must mescaline sold is extracted from these cacti [extremely rarely is is synthesized].

the fact of the matter is that without a lot of trouble, they will not likely make it redundant to specificaly outlaw the plants. on the other hand, shit like this, and some vendors getting busted just may bring it to that head.

as far as what felix said, i agree, except that the analogy he made was fallacious, as Canabis *is* specificaly outlawed as a plant, in adition to tetrahydrocanabinol and it's analouges.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDeviate
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: canid]
    #3741581 - 02/06/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i dissagree. i don't think the DEA cares much about this because there are so few people using it. i've heard the cactus causes a lot of nausea and most people don't even know about it so it will never become a mainstream thing. it's the same thing with morning glory seeds, they are a psychedelic similar to LSD that has been known in the USA since the 60s but the DEA hasn't scheduled them. why? probably because they cause so much nausea and other side affects that there will never be widespread use. cough syrup is further proof, that hasn't been scheduled even though there is a fairly large user base.

the reason mushrooms are going to be banned in the UK is because mushrooms are a drug with mass market appeal. they attract all sorts of people, not just a selected group of psychedelic enthusiasts. peyote and san pedro are legal in the UK as well but they are not being banned.

Edited by Deviate (02/06/05 04:59 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Deviate]
    #3741624 - 02/06/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

actualy, many comunities are moving towards restricting thesales of morning glory and hawaiian baby wood rose seeds and limiting quantities and they are getting alot of media attention in rescent years.

the DEA is not stupid, and they care about all substances they deem to be dangerous and all materials containing them. don't be foolish. it's the reason they exist.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDeviate
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: canid]
    #3741651 - 02/06/05 05:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh, well thats news to me. i knew the DEA wasnt stupid, i just didn't think they felt it necesssary to schedule every single psychoactive substance if it had a very small user base. i mean the affects of morning glory, amanita muscaria, cacti, dxm, nutmeg, and poppy pods have been known about for decades and they haven't taken any action.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: WARNING: To Vendors who Peddle Dried San Pedro Skins [Re: Deviate]
    #3744293 - 02/07/05 05:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes, but things like these have been getting more and more attention as of late. news coverage reporting morning glory seeds to be poisoning middleschool kids, etc. it's the public awareness that has been getting things like these scheduled, as much as the potentialy dangerous nature of some of them [i.e. Datura sp.]

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder