Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblethinpinny
Stranger
Need help fast
    #373306 - 08/16/01 08:30 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ok..this is the deal...first off..im a newbie, But I have a terrarium set up w/ humidifier etc. But I am finding a few flaws that I think are slowing growth. There are no contams. But I am having trouble with humidifier. Im going to switch to a poor mans ter. for the time. w/ perlite on bottom for humidity. I have a glass bowl that can probably only hold about 2 cakes. ( thats all I need for now ) What is the water perlite ratio? Is there any other pointer that would help me..in case I dont know? Thank for any help. ( I will probably only use 2 cups perlite and no more than that. How much water).

--------------------
The first time, is a mistake.....The
second time,
you did'nt learn
a fu%cking thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: Need help fast [Re: thinpinny]
    #373364 - 08/16/01 09:48 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

with such a small container, youll need a lot of air exchange throughout the day... co2 buildup and all. if it only holds 2 cakes, plus perlite, im imagining it will be pretty small. fanning will drop your humidity, but no air exchange will stunt you as well. so... why not seal up your terrarium, put perlite on the bottom of that, and manually fan it (which youll have to do with the bowl setup, and is what a lot of people do?) that way, theres more air around to make your cakes happy, the humidity with the increased amt of perlite should be adequate, and less fanning will be necessary b/c of less co2... and then, when your humidifiers working again, youll just have to hook it up the the already working growing chamber (prolly dumping the perlite)...

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags