Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelaughingbuddha
That's freakinAWESOME!

Loc: the Moment
hey c'mon, let's be reasonable!
    #3731943 - 02/04/05 06:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

2 questions:

1.) has anyone ever bought this guy's (http://www.mycomasters.com/index.html#Top?FAQs) Hydrogen Peroxide tek? someone posted a question about this previously, but no one answered his question. it'd be nice to hear if anyone's ever actually tried the method. doesn't seem like it's really worth the money, to me...

2.) why don't you put a lid on the pot while you're simmering a grain, such as rye? wouldn't adding a lid add the maximum amount of moisture to the rye? or would it make it all starch? huh?

--------------------
"The more I read, the more I meditate; and the more I meditate, the more certain I am that I know nothing." -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: hey c'mon, let's be reasonable! [Re: laughingbuddha]
    #3732009 - 02/04/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1. Search the words "Hydrogen Peroxide tek"

2.Personally I soak, I dont cook, but having the lid on top when cooking wont hurt, just make sure that you carefully watch the softness of the grain(check it frequently) because a pot with a lid on will make the grains softer, quicker.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hey c'mon, let's be reasonable! [Re: laughingbuddha]
    #3732863 - 02/04/05 10:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

1.) has anyone ever bought this guy's (http://www.mycomasters.com/index.html#Top?FAQs) Hydrogen Peroxide tek? someone posted a question about this previously, but no one answered his question. it'd be nice to hear if anyone's ever actually tried the method. doesn't seem like it's really worth the money, to me...

This tek is for wood lovers only and seems quite likly that it would work.

2.) why don't you put a lid on the pot while you're simmering a grain, such as rye? wouldn't adding a lid add the maximum amount of moisture to the rye? or would it make it all starch? huh?

You can simmer with the lid on or off, it doesnt matter, the rye should be fully submerged at all times. The lid just isnt needed and doesnt do anything.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: hey c'mon, let's be reasonable! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3733922 - 02/05/05 02:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>This tek is for wood lovers only and seems quite likly that it would work.

Hmmmm....
No, actually.
In the manual (actually in both parts) there are many techniques for various types of mushrooms.

>has anyone ever bought this guy's
>(http://www.mycomasters.com/index.html#Top?FAQs) Hydrogen Peroxide tek?

Yes.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: hey c'mon, let's be reasonable! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3734670 - 02/05/05 09:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If it is the one I have it covers more than just wood lovers , he goes into the preperation of many types of subs using h202 as a pasturization process for those various subs .
No I did not buy ... I traded for it . :wink:
Have never used the damn thing though , only skim read it :confused: , been so damn lucky have never needed such extras , kinda like FH and GB IMHO ! Ya know I must live where nasties are rare  :wink:Knocks on wood for luck to continue...

PS putting a lid on a pot will slow the evaporation process down a little , for doing grains I think it would be unrequired , its not like it takes water a long time to penetrate the hull of grain especially rye .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag