Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

False Notion
    #373209 - 08/16/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

lasnight I came to a simple but true revelation that shrooms are commonly known as "weak acid" though they are anything but. I don't know if it is just me, but I think that shrooms are heavily emotionally based, with minor-medium visuals to just accompany the feelings. With acid, my emotions are not emphasized nearly as much as shrooms, but with major visuals. Which made me come to my conclusion that shrooms are more of a learning tool and less of a recreational thing (though a lot of people take it recreationally), but to me acid is more of a recreational thing (kind of like ecstacy). Like, shrooms help me to figure out really tough things in life, but acid is just a "live-for-the-moment" type of thing. I haven't learned too much from acid, but shrooms, through strict and rough emotional teaching, have taught me so much. I don't know if a lot of that made sense but I hope it did.

Since shrooms and acid are subjective, this is only my perspective and I'm sure your views differ from mine. I was just merely sharing my thoughts and revelation.

We're all MADD here...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUrQuattro
Paradigm Shifter

Loc: SFCAUSA
Re: False Notion [Re: HB]
    #373235 - 08/16/01 06:20 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I agree completely, i came to that realization the first time that i had lsd. I personally prefer acid because for me, my emotions are irrational and beyond my conscious control. acid seems to work on the logic and intuitive centers of the consciousness and expand those, which then allow for a more thorough perception of "reality."

I almost always have a hard time when i take mushrooms....does anyone else have this problem? Even when i take a small amount, i end up having a very difficult time during the peak, almost always full of self-punishment and negative self-analysis....once the initial peak starts to leave though, i feel much better... And yet, for some reason, i am always drawn back to the experience....

I really wish i knew of a way to get rid of that punishment that i put myself through...ugh...

but yeah, it also seems that people with an MBTI personality preference for "T" (thinking) instead of "F" (feeling) have an easier time on lsd and quite often prefer it to mushrooms, while it is the other way around with the "f" preference....

Anyway, just a few observations i have made....

i am naturally extremely logic based (im an INTP personality type - meaning im a "rational") So, it makes sense as to why i would gravitate toward lsd which enhances that feeling.....

Among my many talents is the ability to get people to read stupid quotes, like this.

--------------------
True wisdom is the knowledge that nothing is impossible except for absolute knowledge.

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: False Notion [Re: UrQuattro]
    #373952 - 08/18/01 01:03 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I feel that way also...shrooms are very spiritual..they help you to find inner peace...take care

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: False Notion [Re: HB]
    #374076 - 08/18/01 10:39 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I think you "got it." When I used to take LSD the experience was always futuristic/ high-tech/ analytical, with abstract, even mechanistic CEVs and no sense of a spiritual dimension. Mushrooms by contrast have a primitive earthy quality, with organic visuals (I commonly see patterns composed of flowers, animals, etc.) and a definite sense of contact with a spirit world. Sometimes the "beings" one encounters on the mushroom voyage are benign helpers, sometimes they are malevolent or demonic & scare the crap out of you.

The mushrooms can be an incredibly powerful tool for self-examination, because they force you to look at everything in your life with absolute honesty and clarity & without any possibility of evasion. Needless to say, this sort of head-on confrontation with personal karma may not always be pleasant, but some lessons need to be learned the hard way.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies