Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen?
    #3731947 - 02/04/05 06:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've been having issues lately with feeling like there is this "big, momumental shift in consciousness about to happen." 

The problem is, that it's not really logical of me to think like that...like, I feel a bit silly thinking that.  But it's always in the back of my mind.  I think it might be a delusion of grandeur.  I can't stop feeling like something HUGE is about to happen!  :confused: :tongue:

I can't seem to reason away why I think this, but I do.  Anyone else constantly thinking about the "big thing" that's "about to happen?" 

It gets pretty annoying just because I have no evidence to back up this invasive thought/feeling/belief.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen? [Re: MOTH]
    #3731996 - 02/04/05 06:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i have had people say almost the exact same thing to me before, very recently, and sometimes i get that feeling myself...i don't know, maybe it's normal? :shrug: or maybe something big is coming... :eyeball:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3732010 - 02/04/05 06:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've been feeling something, but then again, I have a lot on my mind and I could be heading into a serious world of shit soon. I sure hope not though.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineAnjaba
Yet to trip....
 User Gallery

Loc: Tampa
Re: Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen? [Re: gdman]
    #3732048 - 02/04/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

2012 - End of the Mayan Calendar, 7 years is a very small amount of time in comparison to all of history, so I consider it to be very soon. I really think something is going to happen as well, but only time will tell.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3732052 - 02/04/05 07:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good evening all, and WB Ellemy....!

Damn, I thought I was the only one to have those feelings....?  And this feeling seems to be building as of the last 6-8 months or so....  So I scratch my head and wonder, is it just a phaze thing having to do with age, or is it more than that....?    Also over this time I have been "looking" for my spirituality, and trying to "logically" (the way my brain works) trying figure out what "blind faith" is....  blah blah bla....

The movie line that seems to be popping into my head when I have these feelings is from the movie "The Matrix"....  The end of the first one in the train station when NEO decides not to run from agent Smith....  They all say on the ship, "What is he doing"...?  And Morpheus says "He is starting to believe..."  Yet I feel no closer to finding the answer that I am trying to figure out the question for.... 

Perplexing, more so that I am not the only one....  Wwhhheeewwww....

:smile:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3732056 - 02/04/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

As long as people keep predicting a mass shift in consciousness without going out and actually doing something to iniate it, it's not going to happen.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3732057 - 02/04/05 07:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

how goes it mr tom cat :smile:?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

OfflineAnjaba
Yet to trip....
 User Gallery

Loc: Tampa
Re: Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen? [Re: Anjaba]
    #3732063 - 02/04/05 07:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yea, and some Nastradamus(sp?) prophecy about how the occult gold will be discovered/familiarized with the public or some shit like that. Then I read about all that ORMUS crap with Monotomic gold/copper/platinum/etc... It does some crazy shit when ingested for continuous periods of time, even if just one large dose is consumed. It like attaches itself to your cells or DNA and repairs them, allows your body to transit energy as if it was a superconductor, people claim that it changes their conciousness and gives them psychic powers. IDK though, just food for thought.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3732081 - 02/04/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have had the same kind of feelings...like an impending doom...that we cant escape.

Dont know where this feeling comes from

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3732084 - 02/04/05 07:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
As long as people keep predicting a mass shift in consciousness without going out and actually doing something to iniate it, it's not going to happen.

yeah, I feel the same way.  That's why I've been really more active in the past few months with participating in the legal system, voting and writing letters to senators.  See...within the entire irrationality of it all...I feel like we are only at the cusp of this "big thing," and that we are slowly moving forward.  I feel like we are the pioneers, the ones who have to make it happen.

I don't know what sort of "happening" is going to happen though.  Like...it's just this pervasive feeling of knowing that someothing huge is about to occur.  :tongue:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3732102 - 02/04/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I get a feeling like that too, but it may simply be wishful thinking.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3732107 - 02/04/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I get a feeling like that too, but it may simply be wishful thinking.

That's what I've been telling myself.  I think humanity always loves to be part of something big, bigger then themselves. 

The feelings have just gotten so intense the past few months for me that I thought I'd forego all dignity and ask if anyone else felt the same way.  :wink:

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3732124 - 02/04/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

last 4 or five years, yeah. somethings going to happen . in silence, it DOES feel like the calm before the storm. now what that could be? i dont know. i keep my eye on 40some differnt cults, movements, and other metaphysical big event ideas going on....even if nothing happens, its fun reading.  :popcorn:

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3732146 - 02/04/05 07:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
how goes it mr tom cat :smile:?

Herro~ Sir GDman...  :smile:

I'm pretty good, been spendin a lot of time in S&P as of late....  Just got done readin about the scam stuff, and de-modding....  Maybe that IS the big change...?    :lol:

How goes it with you...?

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3732158 - 02/04/05 07:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ehh, I can't complain, I'm in the midst of some serious RL drama. Some bullshit, but I hope it blows over soon.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#3732175 - 02/04/05 07:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good to hear, besides the drama part, hope it blows over soon for you.... 
Are ya~ gonna~ end up on the Jerry Springer show....?  :lol: 
Redneckery drama is the best....  :smirk:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3732182 - 02/04/05 07:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sure is, but I ain't no redneck, y'hear?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3732193 - 02/04/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if by shift of consciousness, you mean a major change in the way we live, maybe. but I think that would have to deal with nature kicking our asses more than anything.

it's like, how many more disaters must we look at before we actually show some compassion.

yes, compassion...now THAT would be a major shift wouldn't it?

how would you go about bringing awareness to others. my personal favorite is talking philosophy to people who seem to show interest.

does society seem fabricated to you? is life about a house, a kid, a car, and money?

i think bill hicks said it best when he talked about humans organizing together to figure out "this food air deal" if we could feed, shelter, clothing, and educate everyone in the world (which we have the "funds" necessary to do) we can make this world a better place and space will be our playground.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3732194 - 02/04/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have had the same feeling, for as long as I can remember, that "something big" was about to happen. I have never been able to properly explain it. It is a strong intuitive feeling, and I have no logical explanation for it.

I do not normally endorse these kind of thoughts, but this one I cannot shake off :wtf:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Is there a shift in consciousness that's about to happen? [Re: trendal]
    #3732224 - 02/04/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well, it seems apparent that the world is changing at an ever increasing rate, which would lead me to believe there is something big looming in the near future. I'm not sure which direction it would come from though, through technology or consciousness, or perhaps both. A sort of symbiosis. that would be nice, things definitely need to change

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder