Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Why do you trip?
    #3731630 - 02/04/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I did a search for this subject and couldnt find any, so, if there was already one, just ignore it and erase this....

Why do you trip? We can all agree that tripping is an effort, a hobby to some, and a way of life for others. With that said, why do you continue to do it? what are you striving for, or not striving for? what makes it so beautiful or fun to you, that you keep going back? what are some of the reasons that you put whatever amout of effort and energy into it?
I thought about this today, and thought it would be a great topic for the pub.

......For me, it strips away your social conditioning, and gives you that pristine clarity and removes the conditioned responses to everyday life. It makes me feel like a 4 year old again, where everything has yet to become dull and "figured out", it lets me retain the mystery of reality. This is my other point of view in my life. If you close one eye, the world becomes 2D, and distance is hard to perceive, but when you have boths eyes open, the world becomes 3D again; this is the way I try to look at reality, with two "eyes" of perception coming from within myself... Does anyone else feel this way? or is it just sex, drugs and rock N roll for you?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: Why do you trip? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3731654 - 02/04/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It makes me look at life in a different way, I like shrooms because I feel more emotional about things and let it out more, Same with cid, but acid seems like I can comprehend the whole picture of life in general, and look at any past part of my life and reflect on it in a totally different way...plus I trip because I like to look at the pretty designs and hallucinations I get...plus it is fun, but I wouldn't want to be tripping all the time. I like being sober as well, it is good to have a clear head most of the time.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3731671 - 02/04/05 07:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

There's so many reasons why I trip. I feel it aids my spiritual development, as a sacred tool. I also trip to have fun, to broaden my perspective, and to give my ego a kick in the ass. Tripping has definately made me a more healthy, well-adjusted individual.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3731687 - 02/04/05 07:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i DO go through an AWFUL lot of effort. alot of my clothing has been torn by barbed wire and you wouldnt believe how scary a cow sounds after dark. anyway...

i'll take your last paragragh and call that extended ego loss. i love that feeling. i do it because i just KNOW one day, i'll discover the secret to the universe. then again , i may not, but in the meantime, everything takes on a new texture, sound, sight... everything ordinary that youve taken for granted becomes novel and you see the world in a new light. and it goes beyond the physical...theres a higher sense of empathy and awareness.
and a part of that stays with you forever.

however, i could seriously do without the crackhead come-up. i thought it was just me or perhaps just copelandia before i saw a million threads on it.  :eek: :shiftyeyes:

oh yes. and the visuals. go out, get some grainy wood.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Edited by greenpastures (02/04/05 07:28 PM)

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Why do you trip? [Re: Skunk420]
    #3731693 - 02/04/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Good question.

I trip for personal insight, and fun. The first time I tripped was on some mushrooms when I was 15, ever since that day my grades went up, and I stopped ditching school almost all together (just a few occasions, lol). I really saw that I needed to do good in everything that I attempt, because you cant get anywhere you want to be unless you deal with the stuff you have to. Even after I started using hallucinogens, I didn't want to go to school, or work, or do anything my parents or the government told me I had to. But I knew that I just had to get it done, or I would never be free to enjoy what I wanted to enjoy. Dunno if that makes much sense, but it really opened my eyes. They just made me see, even at a young age, that's theres so much more to life that I didn't see before. That the world, and life, really can be beautiful and exciting, even at the worst of times. Now a days I kinda just trip for fun, and to see things and experience things that most others in society don't get to. Its also made me a more philosophical thinker, I think real deep about things now like life, and death, and all those questions with no answers. I've found that kind of thinking comes with psychedelic use for most people. I feel like I'm on a whole different level then people who have never experienced the power of psychedelics.

:mushroom2: Long live the Shroomery :mushroom2:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: Why do you trip? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3731739 - 02/04/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

These are all great! and I couldnt agree more with you all so far! keep them coming.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #3731742 - 02/04/05 07:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

????Because I can?? :mushroom2:...I like it  :thumbup:!!!...It works... :cool:...Why do you think God put  shrooms { and herb and opiates } on this place we call home??? It's better than goin' CRAZY.

--------------------
"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3731756 - 02/04/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I want some shrooms now, my shroom connections are dried out until March...I might run into them again sometime soon...I like eating just a half eighth of shrooms and drinking beer during the comeup, by myself, it is so much fun, people think you need to be with a lover to enjoy life, yea those are the same peeps that haven't enjoyed a good trip!

Edited by skunk78395 (02/04/05 07:45 PM)

Offlineshnakboozy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you trip? [Re: Skunk420]
    #3734197 - 02/05/05 06:30 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

close one eye and things become 2D. eat a few shrooms, close both eyes and things become 3D or maybe even 4D or moreD!

for me tripping is a revelatory experience. i to find myself much more motivated to do useful things in the real world after a trip. this seems to be a common effect and contrary to the expectations of the conservative anti drug public that people only do stuff like this to escape and end up sliding into a selfish world of their own. mushrooms help u connect with the real world (esp nature and people) in a most wonderful way.

of course the visuals are marvelous too, in fact the most beautiful things i have seen are things that cannot be detected by a photographic camera. i phrase that very carefully, i most certainly wouldnt say that the things i see dont exist, because they do - in my mind and in many other peoples minds too. the beauty is there, we just need a little help to see it.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3734354 - 02/05/05 07:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

>Why do you trip?

Why not.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
    #3734402 - 02/05/05 08:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

for the kicks  :smile2:

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub