Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Grow Light

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGoDCory
You on Cloud-9 ?
Loc: Cloud 9
Lighting
    #3730962 - 02/04/05 04:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Im using a MYG Grow kit, Which contained Straw , a Very LArge jar of Spawn, Moss soil and Casiing Starter Stuff. We finsihsed the last step in the kit which was the birthing stage .. we let it sit in a dark/moist/warm place  for 5 days now...were using a 25 2 foot fluorence bulb ..( the kit is put in a 10 gallon aquarium ..) im wondering because i have another light source its a 75 Watt R30 Plant Flood Medium Base Grow light.. Now will this make my mushrooms grow faster ?..
:confused:

--------------------
cloud

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: Lighting [Re: GoDCory]
    #3730979 - 02/04/05 04:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

no it wont.In fact the amount of light needed is a very small amount.Indirect sunlight will work fine.mushrooms are not like plants,they do not need sunlight except to #1 initiate pinning #2 keep the mushrooms growing straight(they grow towards the light source.I only light my shrooms 10 minutes a day with a 15 watt flourescent because they are in a room with no windows,otherwise i would just set them in front of the window.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Lighting [Re: ButterNut]
    #3731071 - 02/04/05 05:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

sorry to chime in here but does tenminutes a day work for you?
i am trying to figure out a way to light my babies becuase i o longer live at my moms and that is where they are but they have to remain hidden from her boyfreind

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: Lighting [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3731106 - 02/04/05 05:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yes ten minutes works and always has worked fine for me.I always have great flushes,and straight shrooms.Like I said they only need light to trigger pinning and to make them grow straight.As far as the pinninng goes,I have read that a few seconds could be enough to trigger pinning.The most I ever leave themm on is an hour or so.Dont get me wrong some leave lights on more and hey its not gonna hurt unless the light is building up heat,but if ten minutes works fine for me i never saw reason for more.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Grow Light

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation