Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. *DELETED*
    #3730876 - 02/04/05 04:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by PsillyNilly

Reason for deletion: because

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3730965 - 02/04/05 04:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well first, I know it's cliche, but calm down, you sound very agitated in your post (although with good reason), perhaps take some deep breaths or go on a short walk. Secondly, I know it's not what you want to hear, but the explanation your Mom and doc have offered does seem slightly more plausable. After all, the scrapbook has a lot of emotional significance to you, so much so that you rarely even look at it. That brings me to the second point. Since you rarely look at it, it is possible that you just imagined there were certain pictures there. Is there any indication that photos were once there but now are missing (like fade marks or tape/glue marks if they were attached)? Dealing with the loss of a loved one is one of the hardest bumps in the road of life, there's no doubt about that. But you don't need pictures to love her. You have your memories, and that's something no one can ever take from you. I don't know how recently she passed or how far along you are with your grieving, but I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that can bring you comfort, the only person who can do that is yourself.

Perhaps you could set up a little memorial shelf or area of a room, with a cherished photo of her and some candles? My friend, everyone at the Shroomery is here for you, so please feel comfortable here.

Much love man. :heart:

EDIT: also, please feel free to PM me if you want to talk or anything off the public boards.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Edited by dblaney18 (02/04/05 04:42 PM)

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. [Re: dblaney]
    #3731002 - 02/04/05 04:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

There are no fade marks thats the weired think...I can tell is was a professional job and I know we had pictures in there.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3731022 - 02/04/05 04:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

That is strange.

Although, the mind is a strange thing. In periods of stress it has been known to create things in order to serve some purpose. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case here, just a possibility.

Either way, what motive could anyone have for stealing pictures like those?

Even if someone did steal them, how do you think your fiance would have wanted you to react? Was she the kind of person who liked vengeance, or forgiveness?

:heart: :sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #3731026 - 02/04/05 04:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

if your doc thinks you should self admit for observation, please take some time to consider it without considering work or the gathering at that time, consider it a medical decision, it is one that is above these other things. i am not avising you to go, but to give it consideration without finding excuses not to, then make your own decision; knowing that you have made ita fair one. you probably don't need it, and it is currently your choice. i just want you to be sure you are making it soundly [they wouldn't ask you to self admit if they didn't think you where capable of evaluating the need yourself].

do what you need to do ad whatever it is, make sure it leaves you with soemthing to do.
the shroomery is here for you.

peace, love,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. [Re: canid]
    #3731054 - 02/04/05 05:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Im not goin anywhere for now till I get things straingtend out. I gotta a house not even my friends know about let alone my family. Im staying here for now. Im gonna scan the book so just incase they take it frorom me Ill have some backup to state my case. This is some horse shit. Ill show you what Im talkin about once I get this scanner installed

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3731100 - 02/04/05 05:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

who are you worried about taking your scrapbook?

you should need only to put it someplace safe and don't worry too much about it.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #3731121 - 02/04/05 05:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The same people who took the pictures out the first time!!! Its not totally blank as of yet...but dont want it to be so just incase somebody tries to pull a fast one on me agaion Ill have all my pictures on my Desktop

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3731136 - 02/04/05 05:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

scan it if you want [it never hurts to have a backup of anything with sentimental value], but i bet the pics wheren't taken out rescently and i doubt there are ninjas in your aartment waiting to get at the rest of them.

do what ever you feel the need to, just don't get anymore worked up than you need, it's not good for you.

--------------------

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #3731144 - 02/04/05 05:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I know there is nobody here...Im not scared of anybody coming to this place especially not ninjas but eventually they might find me for Im not running on a multiple Proxy satelite connection from this computer....my old IP is gone but I still gotta make sure nobody finds out bout this house.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3731163 - 02/04/05 05:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ok. i'm just saying; i don't think anybody is trying that hard to find you or your sentimentals.

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3731584 - 02/04/05 06:54 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsillyNilly said:
I know there is nobody here...Im not scared of anybody coming to this place especially not ninjas but eventually they might find me for Im not running on a multiple Proxy satelite connection from this computer....my old IP is gone but I still gotta make sure nobody finds out bout this house.

Is that a joke? I hope so.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. [Re: freddurgan]
    #3736999 - 02/05/05 09:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
Quote:

PsillyNilly said:

Is that a joke? I hope so.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #3737722 - 02/05/05 11:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I can only imagine what its like to lose someone so close to you. You seam distrought and a little cluttered in your posts, maybe they did not take your pics or they did but you should evaluate your situation the best you can. Pictures how others would look at your actions and do the best you can.

I can tell this book has very deep sentimental value to you, maybe you should scan the pics into a computer and leave them in the book or somthing. It sounds like others are worried about you. If you have no issues show the ones that are worrying about you that you are ok.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho
 Arcade Champion: Bowling

#3737907 - 02/06/05 12:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Im not doubting you at all. But I just wanted to say that this sounds alot like a movie I just watched called The Forgotten....
(the missing pictures thing)

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. [Re: Taskenti]
    #3739050 - 02/06/05 03:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Is it a new movie?

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3739109 - 02/06/05 03:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It sounds to me that this book has become an obsession because you feel that its the only "link" you have to your fiance.You have an unhealthy attachment to this book.Subconciously you are projecting your fiance onto this book.In a way,this book has become her in your mind subconciously.The book while a good reminder of her is just a book.You will always have fond memories of her that onlyyou shared with her.Special moments that no one else can ever take from you.You also shared a special bond with her...love.No one can ever take that love from you that you had for her.While you should never forget her you should put the book away... for now.Im sure she would want you to live your life again and be happy again.Im sure she wouldnt want you to be in a wretched state of mind.

Perhaps going to this institution or even just going to a psychologist may help you deal with your immense grief you are carrying.

And no one is going to take the book or otherwise do anything to it.Besides what would anyone else want it for?

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. *DELETED* [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3739152 - 02/06/05 03:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by PsillyNilly

Reason for deletion: yep

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ...
    #3739200 - 02/06/05 04:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I believe you man, I think it's weird that these guys don't...
Anyway,
I wouldn?t go to that know it all doctor for an assessment myself,
They will probably try to put you on meds or something.

But if you think you may be starting to lose it, getting the assessment may help, but if you are being forced into it, it may be counterproductive.

We all flip out sometimes we are only human, and we do have emotions, and we don't need to go to a psych everytime our emotions get the better of us.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Offlineorichalc
Stranger

Re: I freaked out today...dont know whatto think anymore. [Re: TeKn0]
    #3739261 - 02/06/05 04:27 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

don't go to the shrink man. he doesn't know shit other than prescribe you with medications that won't work. i've been there in that department, but not in your severity of case (losing a loved one); and if you need to, just come here and ask us; we'll stand by you.

what i'd do if you haven't by now, is have a long and rational discussion with your mother...but i'm assuming that hasn't worked because you are here in the now.

anyways, i don't know what you're going through, so all i have to truly say is "good luck."

peace brother.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being