Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3743088 - 02/06/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no.
I completely look forward to my death
while I enjoy and love my life.
it's a strange position to be in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3743132 - 02/06/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm quite the same, the day of my death will be one of great curiousity, not fear, for me. That's not to say I wouldn't fear some forms of dying, such as being buried or burned alive, but that is just the fears the immense pain and slow anxiety accompanied with the death. If I died a peaceful death in my bed, I wouldn't fear it at all.

Why resist the rotating of the earth, and the movement of time, and the slow death of the body? It is part of you, and without that movement and inevitable ending, we wouldn't have ever started.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Ravus]
    #3744059 - 02/07/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"when death sleeps, it dreams of you" -Dax from Acid Bath

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3744096 - 02/07/05 02:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not afraid of death. But you said to answser this question outside of our own beliefs. I cna't. Or maybe I can.

Within my beliefs: I'm not afraid of death. Life doesn't end at death.

Outside of my beliefs: I'm not afraid of death. Even if life ends at death, I've had a good life. I think I've done what I was here to do.

Let me just say one more thing: Life rocks. Whether we end when our physical bodies die or we continue on in some transformed state after our physical bodies transpire, like on planet Earth, for me, has been hugely entertaing thus far. I would not change a thing, in spite of ALL OF IT.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Frog]
    #3744123 - 02/07/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly how does one go about answering a question "outside of one's beliefs"?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Jellric]
    #3744134 - 02/07/05 02:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I thought about that before I tried to answer the question.  I guess that's why I answered the question the way I did.  "here's the answer inside my beliefs", and "here's the answer outside my beliefs".

You know what I like about thsi forum?  There is no "right" answer.

Now, someone please bring me some nachos.  Or a big huge juicy cheeseburger.  I worked all day.  I'm in need of sustenance.

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3744150 - 02/07/05 02:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Okee dokee..you asked for it..!

Here's a complimentary serving of nachos with jalepenos on the side..a mexican serinade ( you know that thing they do with guitars and sombreros)..and just for you..a shot of demoral in your neck to completely relieve all the stresses and tensions in your life..
  :syringe: :wexican: :jamming:

*me gives you a nice shoulder massage to move the warm energies into your body*

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3744362 - 02/07/05 06:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't mean you shold turn of your beliefs befor answering.
I ment not to start a fight between each other beliefs.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Jellric]
    #3745222 - 02/07/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I guess the really fucked up thing about death is that it either happens in a hurried rush when you least expect it or else when you are so old and sick you lose awareness of yourself before hand. There is really no going into it prepared in any way...how would you prepare...so we really won't be aware of our last moments in life. It doesn't really matter if you are scared or not. Death takes the hero just as surely as the coward. All of us will be worm food (hopefully, if they will dispense with the noxious chemicals involved with embalming) in the end so fear is irrelevant.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3745260 - 02/07/05 12:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't mean you shold turn of your beliefs befor answering.
I ment not to start a fight between each other beliefs.

if only you'd just said that at the beginning...

OfflinePinkFloydRocks
Stranger
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3745751 - 02/07/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am also kind of excited about death because people argue constantly about which religion is right, if god exists, if afterlife exists, what the meaning of life is, how the pyramids were made, and many other things. When I die I will finally figure it out. But I do not want death to come early. I know it won't come until I'm ready. I'm especially excited to figure out how they built those damn pyramids. =)

--------------------
"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
-John Lennon

"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3745973 - 02/07/05 03:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I did tell you that Zekebomb a few times when I was trying to explain how you misunderstood me, but you just didn't listen.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3746387 - 02/07/05 04:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Because people are taught to avoid it at all cause from their earliest days. In time it is conditioned to be the worst possible thing in life. And it represents change, and people are afraid of it.
It allso represents the end of a conscious person, no memory no experiences, no consciousness, just rotting flesh. That's why people are afraid of it

*Shrug* Representative of an assumption... until you can conclusively prove what lies beyond..... have no fear, embrace the unknown (not saying to kill yourself or anything...). It's what you don't know, and what you as a person don't understand that makes life fun.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3746699 - 02/07/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Do you feel anxiety over the fact that one day you are going to die and rot?

No.

Would you like to live for ever or do you think that death can
be peacefull and fully accepted?

Yes and yes. I certainly wouldn't mind living forever, were such a thing possible, but as such a thing isn't possible...I think death can be accepted peacefully.

Should we avoid it at all costs by prolonging life as much as possible or should we stop one day and say: it is my time to go to sleep

I think this is a very personal decision. Some people are willing to accept death as it comes. Other fight death, and struggle to stay alive. Neither approach is right or wrong, they are both paths to the same end.

As for the afterlife...How can you assume anything you dream up to be anything close to what the next world might be? It is not something we mortals can know.

Only the dead know :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3747380 - 02/07/05 07:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
Death is just a doorway into another phase of our eternal progression.

not allowed?

huh?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: trendal]
    #3748591 - 02/07/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This B.S. thread gets resurrected every year or so and everyone spouts out some nonsense according to whatever phase they believe they should be in.

Here is the bottom line: I do not dwell on death, but if I was totally conscious and relatively healty at the time, would be petrified as would ALL of you.

*Swami braces for a tsunami of denial*

Shee-it people! Every healthy, straight man here turns his head when a skimpily dressed, voluptuous woman walks by and that is only our tertiary programming. Survival, our primary programming, spurred by fear of death, is several magnitudes greater than the need to procreate.

Stall your car on the train tracks with a fast train approaching and with your car door stuck and all of your New Agey / religious philosophy will go straight out the window as your blood pressure goes through the roof, you pee your pants and beg God and mommy to save you.

The next person who sez they are not afraid, I may very well follow you, create a situation in which you think you are about to meet your demise, set up my camera crew and post the video of you wailing and weeping for ALL the Shroomery to see.

Recant now.

Swami over and out.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Are you afraid of death? [Re: Swami]
    #3748900 - 02/07/05 11:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sitting and thinking about death is different than facing death itself....  If you think I would not be in a complete and instictual "SURVIVE" mode at the moment of facing death, I would say you are crazy - or perhaps I would be....  ??

But, at this moment in time, I do not fear death....    :sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3750100 - 02/08/05 07:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am not responsible for the fact that some other people before me posted a similar thread. Would you like your threads to be called B.S.?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3750130 - 02/08/05 07:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can call my threads bullshit if you want. They are but mere writings and I have no such ego-attachments to them,

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3750133 - 02/08/05 07:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Notice the question was:

Quote:

Do you feel anxiety over the fact that one day you are going to die and rot?

Which deals with right now, not the exact moment of death itself. While I think it is possible for a person to face the MOMENT of death with peace...I think that MOST people are probably quite terrified when the moment comes.

However, that CERTAINLY doesn't mean we should be fearing death on a day-to-day basis.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures