Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Poly fabric for pmp
    #3730139 - 02/04/05 02:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Have you ever seen those rolls of poly fabric? It looks like poly fill woven into a blanket. Im thinking it would be perfectect if I cut it to fit the bottom of a pmp and layerd it to about 3 inches. It would be set up just like a pmp with the bubble wands and all. What do you think?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Poly fabric for pmp [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3730264 - 02/04/05 02:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm thinking sitting in solid water would end up a mess or contaminated but I'm not sure. Its not nutritous so... I dunno... It might work?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleJimber510
Traveler
    #3730347 - 02/04/05 03:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If you try it, let us know how it works out! (It would be a lot lighter than geolite...)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Poly fabric for pmp [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3730370 - 02/04/05 03:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think that geolite, perlite, and lava rock would harbor contams better than plastic fiber.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3730490 - 02/04/05 03:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Its possible...but sitting in water it would soak it up and be more like a sponge...lots of airy wet strands with lots of breathing room. Mold mycelium is similar to cubie mycelium...what do you think would grow mycelium better if you knocked up a jar of moist geolite or a jar of moist plastic fiber? I dont think the rocky surface would be the best for mycelium to grow on compared to the plastic fiber.

But again...this is just what I think when I picture it in my head...and if you notice with my replies I always try to shoot holes in things...good idea or bad, anytime you look at things you NEED to look at them from your point of view. You have to be prepared for every possibility and thought...things dont always work out the way they do in theory. Just making sure you keep some POSSIBILITIES in mind.

I dont KNOW what will happen...but dont just expect good because thats what you feel...expect nothing and be prepared for anything...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Poly fabric for pmp [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3734747 - 02/05/05 12:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I tried it, it does not work. The fabric is too tightly woven to let the bubbles escape like they need to.

Oh well no loss taken, its 100% polyester so someone can still use it as filters.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation