Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
do aliens exist?
    #3729562 - 02/04/05 11:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

of course we do  :crazy:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: do aliens exist? [Re: dorkus]
    #3729942 - 02/04/05 01:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've been pondering that as well, except not as a joke thread ponder. I used to say "YES YES" but now I think it could be "no no". The universe is too fickle, and perfectly set up for out existence. The idea that another intelligent race could arise from this mess is kinda wild. But there could be human variations in parallel universes.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3730217 - 02/04/05 02:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What one must ask themselves is "How likely is it that extra-terrestial beings even if raised in an identical enviroment would turn out to look anything like us?" The odds are incalculable.Its that slim.The odds are much much greater than a trillion to one.I sincerely feel that the typical grey beings reported are very unlikely to exist.It is highly unlikely they would have 2 eyes 2 arms 2 legs and be fully erect and bipedal and move similarly to us.Let alone that such a similar race would build advanced technology and find us.The odds are greater than a trillion to the power of a trillion to one.Its more likely to be a product of human imagination.

Now if they were entirely different from us it would lend itself more credibility.

I do not doubt the possiblity of another race of beings however they are not likely to resemble us even vaguely.

Consider this food for thought...Perhaps we are visited all the time by beings from other planets but whats not to say that they aren't microscopic like germs or move so fast our eyes cannot perceive them.Whats not to say they are over our towns always moving at neckbreak speeds.While these things are unlikely they aren't impossible. :smile:

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: do aliens exist? [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3730282 - 02/04/05 02:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There are a few ways out of this dilema:

of course the obvious choice is that its fiction and that htey don't exist, but let's see
what other options do we have..

1.evolution is universal, a humanoid of some sort is a step on every planet where there is life

or

2. they are not aliens, they could have migrated from earth into space stations or other planets

or

3. they are related to us, they created us on their own image as it is in the Bible

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: do aliens exist? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3730423 - 02/04/05 03:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

OldWoodSpecter - I enjoy your idea on how they created us in their image. Sort of like out of the movie Mission to Mars. An advanced civilization that spawned all the creations on the planet earth. We also see aliens in the movie AI.

As for creatures that exist on our planet other then humans and aliens is always a possibility as well. I also believe there are other entities on this planet that are friendly with the greys, then there are beings on this planet that hate all humans and cause disease to them and do expirements on them.

Then we get to the mayans and see how they were an advanced civilization that could see the stars and read them to an accurate degree. The stars would show events, could also possibly show that we are the grey only taking human form and building civilizations.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: do aliens exist? [Re: Droz]
    #3730458 - 02/04/05 03:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think if there IS extraterrestrial life, odds are it's so incredibly different from us as to be totally unrecognizable as extraterrestrial life. like maybe one day you have a weird mood swing, BAM you just encountered extraterrestrial life. it's not gonna walk up to you on its two legs and ask to see your leader, in English.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

#3730471 - 02/04/05 03:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

1.evolution is universal, a humanoid of some sort is a step on every planet where there is life

Even when under perfectly exact conditions evolution will not take the same path every time.There is always a chaos element to it.In non-exact conditions being exposed to a virus at a certain stage of evolution can alter the course of evolution entirely.MAny viruses,natural chemicals and foods alter our genetics and DNA permanently.Essentially we are just a race of mutants that mutated somewhere along the way and kept mutating.

Quote:

2. they are not aliens, they could have migrated from earth into space stations or other planets

Possible but very unlikely if it would have occured in the last million years or so.There would likely be some sort of evidence of this uncovered in the last millions or so years definitely.Even if it occured billions of years ago there is still a very good chance evidence would be left behind of this.

Quote:

3. they are related to us, they created us on their own image as it is in the Bible

Very unlikely.If aliens did exist and they had the technology to engineer a race of beings (also very very unlikely due to the sheer science and alterations required) why would they be so secretive?Why would they leave no evidence and have little contact.They would have likely kept in mass contact throughout time if this were true.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: do aliens exist? [Re: Droz]
    #3730539 - 02/04/05 03:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know, I see no reason to think that any of those beings mean harm. Those experiemtns might be scary, but most people who experienced it said that they tried to calm them down saying it has to be done for the good of the human race.
They might be studying us and inserting different "genetic viruses" (I mean people with certain genes) that would spread and affect the whole race in time. I think they might be trying to help us that way.
Perhapse create a whole new race of brains capable of more creativity, intelligence,compassion, telepathy etc. Basicly brains producing more seratonin.

that's all speculation, no reason to take it seriously

p.s. One other thing is possible..
Perhapse they use some sort of hypnosis instead of chemical anesthesia which would allso explain the loss of memory.
So they did experience pain but their mind didn't feel it, so then they go to regression to find out what happened and in regression
the mind comes to this subconscious memory of pain that you never really experienced on the ship, but the physical component was stored in memory so you experience it this time without the hypnotic brake
and you think that you were tortured.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: do aliens exist? [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3730588 - 02/04/05 03:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

UnenlightenedOne said:
Very unlikely.If aliens did exist and they had the technology to engineer a race of beings (also very very unlikely due to the sheer science and alterations required) why would they be so secretive?Why would they leave no evidence and have little contact.They would have likely kept in mass contact throughout time if this were true.

If this scenario is true, I don't think there was much sicrecy, specially on the east. I think they were a common phenomenon in aincient India or Judea and Egypt.

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3730643 - 02/04/05 03:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

if i went to china, id be alien, no?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflinePsiloSimon
amateurmycologist

Loc: the universe
Re: do aliens exist? [Re: Gomp]
    #3731160 - 02/04/05 05:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have personally seen a UFO up close, and although I can't be certain that aliens were flying it, I can't be certain that they weren't. Also has anyone considered that these "greys" are just higher evolved humans from the future? I see human evolution is a battle between instinct and intellect, and instinct is losing out. Maybe in 2 million years from now, we evolve to be less physical, learn how to travel back into the past and interact with our ancestors to change whats happened in the future? It seems in that amount of time the sky is the limit to what we will accomplish technologically speaking.

--------------------
IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: do aliens exist? [Re: PsiloSimon]
    #3731187 - 02/04/05 05:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yea that could be possiblity, but it still isn't clear if time is just a human concept or not.

If there is no time, then there can be no time travel, but if there
is, that's another possibility

--------------------

OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

#3731387 - 02/04/05 06:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If you can logically justify the possibility of extra-terrestrial life, then it is logically possible that aliens exists. If you are an evolutionist, then you can logically justify alien existence, and it is therefore logically possible that aliens exist. If you are a creationist, then you have two options: you can logically justify the creation of an alien race (Nephilem perhaps?), or you can logically justify that humans were God's only creation, and therefore aliens do not exist (at least in the extra-terrestrial sense). Of course, I personally doubt that creationists even use logic, as it is belief based theory.

Personally I consider myself to have a Evolutionary creationist universal view, and I am sure that I could attempt to logically justify the existence of aliens. Therefore, in my opinion, aliens do exist.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: do aliens exist? [Re: PsiloSimon]
    #3732775 - 02/04/05 11:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloSimon said:
Also has anyone considered that these "greys" are just higher evolved humans from the future?

yeah, I proposed that in some other alien thread. maybe in the future there's some crazy intergalactic war that our descendants will find themselves slowly losing. so they invent time travel, and send one of their spaceships crash-landing into Area 51, so that we today will have a crazy technology boost. the end result of which being, by the time we get into that intergalactic war again, we are far superior and we kick ass. suck on that, evil mutant insectoid enemies

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3733201 - 02/05/05 01:03 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

universe is infinate

how could they not

--------------------

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3733248 - 02/05/05 01:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yes they do.

We have to let go of our finite mentality and think eternal. The universe did not pop out of nothing but has existed outside of time. Even if we do not believe in God (and whether you do doesn't change the fact of his existence), we must accept that the universe is eternal. For us to be here means that the elements necessary for creation are a part of the universe. Do you really think that this one world out of trillions is the only one where human life exists? Crazy to think.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: do aliens exist? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3733283 - 02/05/05 01:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Universe is infinite? Eternal? I've never heard this, if the Big Bang had finite matter how could the universe be infinite? Do you have any sources?

It's pretty well-established the universe is in fact finite, I believe.

Now, if you want to increase the complexity, quantum physics says that there may be an infinite number of universes called the multiverse, but that's not as well established as our own universe yet.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: do aliens exist? [Re: Ravus]
    #3733328 - 02/05/05 01:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sources?

I don't need a scientist to tell me about the universe. How would they know. Our fragile human minds cannot trully comprehend the complexity of this existence.
It is one of my strongest spiritual beliefs that the universe is completely infinate. and that our very existence connects us to everything.

Just think. Screw any scientific studies you may have heard, or big bang theorys. Nobody knows, because nobody was actually there.
Try to imagine... an end to it all. earth, the planets, stars, blackness... than what? a big ass brick wall?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3733345 - 02/05/05 01:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dreamer987 said:
It is one of my strongest spiritual beliefs that the universe is completely infinate. and that our very existence connects us to everything.

One of your strongest spiritual beliefs is based on something that you claim one can have absolutely no understanding in? That's delusion, my friend, wow. :shocked:

Quote:

Just think. Screw any scientific studies you may have heard, or big bang theorys. Nobody knows, because nobody was actually there.
Try to imagine... an end to it all. earth, the planets, stars, blackness... than what? a big ass brick wall?

Ja, just as nobody knows if the Earth actually revolves around the Sun, right? Just because you do not have the experience to allow for a conceptual understanding of an end of the universe does not suggest it is not possible - it only suggests that you are not capable of conceptualizing it.

Ignorance does not lead to spiritual enlightenment.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3733354 - 02/05/05 01:36 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dreamer987 said:
Sources?

I don't need a scientist to tell me about the universe. How would they know. Our fragile human minds cannot trully comprehend the complexity of this existence.

No, nobody was there(what a weak cop-out!), but that doesn't mean we can't infer things from the evidence. The universe is expanding, and the evidence indicates that it has been expanding for as long as it has existed, indicating that it all came from a single point at a certain point in time(the big bang). Like so many here, your "spiritual beliefs"(I don't even see what's so spiritual about it) are completely contrary to the evidence.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology