Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Finding a cheap CANADIAN source for Spawnbags???
    #3696343 - 01/29/05 01:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok , for a longest time I have wanted to try using Spawnbags(mycobags etc) but if I order 100 large spawn bags for $30 from Mycobag.com, the shipping ends up being just a bit more then the bags.

Which doesnt work for me because I cant afford that.

I need a Canadian source for CHEAP, QUALITY , spawnbags....something OTHER then Ebay.  :smirk: (long story)

Its getting to the point where I am thinking about trading for them.....but I shouldnt have to give away my plants for plastic  :tongue:

Any help?  :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Finding a cheap CANADIAN source for Spawnbags??? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3696354 - 01/29/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am OK with using a shroomery sponser........as I know some of you are about to go off about "supporting the shroomery" , well maybe the shroomery could support me for a couple of months, you know feed and clothe me, sing me to sleep, you know.......... (just kidding)

The point is I will support a shroomery sponser if they have what I need, for a price I can afford.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3696472 - 01/29/05 02:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Its getting to the point where I am thinking about trading for them.....but I shouldnt have to give away my plants for plastic  :tongue:

Any help?  :smile:

Plants from Vancouver B.C. = 

Perk!~

I'd like some of those!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Finding a cheap CANADIAN source for Spawnbags??? [Re: Roadkill]
    #3696513 - 01/29/05 02:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Funny you should think that. :stoned:

(grandmas going to be cooking with 400watts soon. :wink: )

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3698158 - 01/29/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'll show you how to make some easy and cheap..but I want to ask if you've ever heard of "beasters". Suppposed to be bud from BC, looks good, smells good, tastes good but it sucks arse. I think its just commercial hydro. Actually it was more bitching then a question. Yeah. But I've heard many from bc say they never heard of it. I dont know where it comes from but if its you...I shake my fist at you [shake harder boy!]

Anyways...go get yourself some empty 2liter bottles/20 ounce bottles whatever and some oven bags. Cut off the top of the two liter bottle close to the cap as you can. Now when you remove the cap from the peice you cut off you have two peices (not three since you threw the rest of the usless bottle away or did whatever with it). You can use tyvek I think but I use polyfil. Cut a hole in the top of the cap. Now you can stuff the bag through the bottom part (the top of the bottle that you cut off with the threads on it) and fold it down over the sides and threads. Then tighten the cap over the sides of the bag and you have a sealed bag with a small hole up top. Stuff polyfil in there and PC (yeah I forgot..add whatever to the bag before stuffing it through the cap). Now you may be confuse so some pictures to help:

Supplies: you can see the two peices sitting on the box..the lid stuffed with polyfil

The bag folded over the threads with the cap tightened down over it.

The final product.

The polyfil holes can be used as a self healing injection port...go right through the polyfil with the needle.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Finding a cheap CANADIAN source for Spawnbags??? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3698392 - 01/29/05 12:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yet another good tek for the bag situation

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Finding a cheap CANADIAN source for Spawnbags??? [Re: metasin]
    #3698407 - 01/29/05 12:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If you have an impulse sealer, I'd think about getting one of the 250' rolls of bag. With this tek or Agar's tyvek tek, you could turn a big roll of ovenbags into mycobags.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Finding a cheap CANADIAN source for Spawnbags??? [Re: metasin]
    #3698538 - 01/29/05 01:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can order just regular oven bags online cheaply if your doing large amounts as opposed to buying them in the store..a little more expensive..I just prefer jars.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3700092 - 01/29/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'll show you how to make some easy and cheap..but I want to ask if you've ever heard of "beasters". Suppposed to be bud from BC, looks good, smells good, tastes good but it sucks arse. I think its just commercial hydro. Actually it was more bitching then a question. Yeah. But I've heard many from bc say they never heard of it. I dont know where it comes from but if its you...I shake my fist at you [shake harder boy!]"

Ok first I would like to adress this comment.

Its true, there are alot of people in the "game" that only care about making money.....I have smoked this "beasters" weed you speak off, however, I would like to point out that I just call Cannabis like that Chemy bud.

"Suppposed to be bud from BC, looks good, smells good, tastes good but it sucks arse."

You see that doesnt make sense to me, because while chemy pot can look good(and by the way for the record Organic was right, you can sometimes spot the chem look) it WILL TASTE like garbage.

(personally I think there are only 3 kinds of people that dont grow organic, 1.the fool, 2.the goof, and the 3. the theif(he is the worst one, for him its all about money anyway...and besides, he doesnt smoke :mad: , anyway, I have detailed descriptions, for all 3, but thats for another time, and not everyone fits into a mold.

I think the word "beasters" has more to do with legend and myth......maybe people in the states got sick of hearing about our "great pot" , or maybe to many people in the states are smoking our worst......dont just blame BC, we have plenty of good growers here, and I will tell you something thats a FACT anwhere you go...... you have to pay more for better quality bud, thus blame cash hungry smugglers, I get cannabis in the mail from my club, I have bought Organic Cannabis OPENLY at pot rallies........BC is not the problem, if your "guys" demanded the best, they would get it. :stoned:

Anyway.....thank you so much(check your rattings) this is just the thing I needed, and that was a very nice write up, and the pics were a big help.

I was just staring at one when I said, "so thats how it works...its so simple"
(one concern, will the caps melt in the PC??? , ever had a problem with that?, I assume they wont, otherwise why post the tek. (and I guess the harder the plastic, the better)

Viva Scatmanrav :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/29/05 09:07 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3700329 - 01/29/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

BUMP, for anyone that missed this.......before I log off I thought I would bump it.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3700535 - 01/29/05 11:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It was not chemy...its very fruity actually. After some researching and talking with some people on overgrow though it seemed to be a concensus that it was just commercial hydro. Leafy and WET as hell is the main problems..stems bend instead of snapping. It does get better after curing it though...I just get sick of the beasters around here.

am also snobbish about my bud...most people around here are fine with beasters...but I know they're pretty crappy. We usually end up with outdoors though since thats what the indoors are. Except headies...thats a different situation though...

As far as melting...I had one cap that was on the side near the bottom of the PC pressed against the metal melt...probably under the weight of all the grain and all that. It was only a little though and the bag was still usable and colonized fine.. Sometimes strong caps you can reuse but they dont last forever...glad you found it useful.

--------------------

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3700806 - 01/30/05 01:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Beasters is an american word for weed. God only knows what it originally meant. Its just one of those generic names used by 14yr old kids like chronic, hydro, dro, kind, etc etc.

I forgot to mention that we do need a good mycology supply site in Canada. I'm getting tired of paying UPS 30$ in customs fees everytime I order from the US.

Edited by FatSean (01/30/05 01:05 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Finding a cheap CANADIAN source for Spawnbags??? [Re: FatSean]
    #3702749 - 01/30/05 03:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I thought one of the sponsors was in Canada? I know one has a Canadian base anyway. They might be a spore supplier though and not good myco supplies...I dunno I look for the US ones :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

#3702753 - 01/30/05 03:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ralphster's ships from canada

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

OfflineI_have_no_ego
Stranger
    #3729453 - 02/04/05 08:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Don't know if it helps.....

This company is out of BC

Western Biologicals Ltd.,
P.O. Box 283, Aldergrove
B.C. Canada V4W 2T8
Tel/Fax 604-856-3339
email: western@iprism.com

Bag Type size per 100 per 1000 per 10,000
14 "Patch" pp 8x2.5x18" C$45. C$250 $2250.
3B "Patch" pp 8x2.5x20" --- --- $2500.
Plain pp 8x2.5x19 C$30 C$200
Plain pp 4x1.5x16 C$14. C$100.

Polypropylene collars (bag closures) $30 per 100, $350 per 3000
Foam plugs "C"(bag closures) $30 per 100, $250 per 1000

I guess they carry a full line of supplies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order