Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinephatboy
Stranger
What's more "Potent"?
    #3729279 - 02/04/05 09:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, I'ma newbie, I've heard a few different stories on drying shrooms and I was wondering what is more "potent," When you eat the shrooms fresh or when you dry the shrooms.

It would make more sense to me if you ate them fresh it would prob. be more "potent" or am i wrong on this one? What does drying them out do exactly and do they lose their potency? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANK YOU!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What's more "Potent"? [Re: phatboy]
    #3729287 - 02/04/05 09:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I don't feel that you lose any potency through the drying process, and dried shrooms give you a more accurate dose then fresh in my opinion.

Technically, yes, you lose potency after drying them. Noticeable? I doubt it.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
    #3729293 - 02/04/05 09:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dry mushrooms are no less potent than fresh, just easier to measure by means of weight. Say, you have 76 grams wet. This may or may not work out to 7 g.
we have seen it recently dry up to 4 g. Therefore, If you consume wet, you may or may not consume your desired dose.
Drying them out also keeps them from getting moldy.
Hope that helps, GL...

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

Offlinephatboy
Stranger
Re: What's more "Potent"? [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #3729300 - 02/04/05 09:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

ok, yeah that helps, thanks guys! I just wasn't sure b.c. I've heard of people eating them fresh and i've only ever tried them dried out. Also, I've heard people say that eating them fresh isn't as potent, which really wouldn't make any sense to me, lol.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3729302 - 02/04/05 09:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

IMHO fresh is best , no differnt than eating a cake ... what taste best ? A nice warm cake fresh from the oven or one that has sat around for a few days.
I also feel that it hits you a little sooner and there is more of the yumminess in them , may not be alot , but none the less more . Also some folks who can't stand the taste of them dried tend to not mind the flavor fresh due to the moisture in them makes it easier to chew and get down .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinephatboy
Stranger
Re: What's more "Potent"? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3729319 - 02/04/05 09:53 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
IMHO fresh is best , no differnt than eating a cake ... what taste best ? A nice warm cake fresh from the oven or one that has sat around for a few days.
I also feel that it hits you a little sooner and there is more of the yumminess in them , may not be alot , but none the less more . Also some folks who can't stand the taste of them dried tend to not mind the flavor fresh due to the moisture in them makes it easier to chew and get down .

This makes sense to me, so how much would you have to eat fresh to feel the effects of say, 3.5g of dried shroomies?

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
    #3729333 - 02/04/05 09:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

can't disagree with that. They don't taste too bad fresh, but taste like shit dried, lol.

There is a dose calculator in the mushroom information section at the main site.

GL

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

Invisibletripndicular

#3729338 - 02/04/05 10:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That is kinda tough to answer acurately . Each person and how it hits them is different , no different than medications . But my best guess would be to eat at least 1 oz of freshies up to 1.5 oz . But body weight , frame of mind , what you ate prior can all affect how a particular dosage hits you IMHO .
Now for a real ass kicker go for 2.5 oz of fresh , a friend and I did this many many moons ago at a concert and I tell you what we were warped ,security had to chase us off ,we were so blasted we sat in our seats after the show and forgot all about being in a public place and having to leave ...LOL Oh to be young and dumb again  :wink:

GL... have fun
Trip n D

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinephatboy
Stranger
    #3729391 - 02/04/05 10:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
That is kinda tough to answer acurately . Each person and how it hits them is different , no different than medications . But my best guess would be to eat at least 1 oz of freshies up to 1.5 oz . But body weight , frame of mind , what you ate prior can all affect how a particular dosage hits you IMHO .
Now for a real ass kicker go for 2.5 oz of fresh , a friend and I did this many many moons ago at a concert and I tell you what we were warped ,security had to chase us off ,we were so blasted we sat in our seats after the show and forgot all about being in a public place and having to leave ...LOL Oh to be young and dumb again  :wink:

GL... have fun
Trip n D

LMAO!

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
    #3729437 - 02/04/05 10:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

according to the dosage calculator a fresh mushroom is 90% water so to find out the wieght of a wet trip from a dry dosage just multiply by 10. i have also heard a few different times here on the shroomery that people think its closer to 92% so this would make you multiply your dry dosage by 12.5 to find a wet one.

examples:

if mushrooms are 90% water;
3.5g dry * 10 = 35g or 1.25oz wet

if mushrooms are 92% water;
3.5g dry * 12.5 = 43.75g or 1.5625oz wet

hope this helps and is somewhat accurate.

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: What's more "Potent"? [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #3729441 - 02/04/05 10:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i think that they taste like ass no matter what. I mean, when you get a good handful of those things in your mouth, wet or dry, there's just that... that taste... i know you all know what i'm talking about.

Aside from being easier to dose when dry, you can also grind up dry shrooms. That's my favorite mode of ingestion. Empty out a supplement cap (or buy empty ones if you're industrious), fill it up, swallow... no taste good or bad and it hits you in ten minutes. I've noticed that I'm less likely to feel sick this way too...

--------------------
------
this is a signature

Invisibletripndicular

Re: What's more "Potent"? [Re: gsmith]
    #3729506 - 02/04/05 11:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Personally I like them either way ... maybe it is an acquired taste like caviar  :wink: Now that shit taste like ass... fucking fish eggs ekkkkkk !

--------------------

Offlinemerge_oners
Very Experiancedmakes perfect!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in a very confused societ...
    #6127417 - 10/03/06 07:10 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

dont get me wrong but some people really really complain about their mushrooms losing potency when dying them In a certain way, there is ways that can damage the psilocin by high levels of heat, i suggest reading further more into the mushroom drying process.

--------------------
Can you help me figure out why humanity is here? cause im on a mission to find out!

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: What's more "Potent"? [Re: merge_oners]
    #6127437 - 10/03/06 07:36 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

As long as your mushroom has even 1 molecule of psilocin, you will lose potency during drying.

Psilocybin suffers only negligible losses during proper drying procedure.

How much potency you lose depends on how much psilocin your mushrooms contain.

(as far as I understand)

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman

Re: What's more "Potent"? [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6127465 - 10/03/06 08:11 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

A dehydrator is the way to go but I have found that you can do small amounts just by lying them on a paper towel and butting somewhere warm,Be resourceful,I once put a single layer under the cable box and they were perfect the next day

--------------------
Cake makers please read this before you waste more time/effort >>
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6236058/an/0/page/0
My LC tek >> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7320516/an/0/page/0

""THEY CAN NOT KILL ME,I STILL WALK THE EARTH,WEAKENED BUT ALIVE.THEY HAVE TAKEN ALL FROM ME BUT THE BEATING OF MY COLD DEAD HEART.
THEY WILL NOW LEARN OF FEAR,THESE MEWING BABIES WHO THOUGHT THEY COULD DESTROY ME.
I HAVE REGAINED MY POWERS AND SHALL COME TO THEM IN THE NIGHT........

MY VISITS SHALL NOT BE KIND !! ""
:vampire: BlutJager :vampire:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation