Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
First Time Shrooming
    #3727424 - 02/03/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ok, i just found a friend who can hook me up with a whole bunch of shrooms. Hopefully im getting them tomorrow, so just say that i get them and that i got enough.

Well, my drug background involves heavy DXM trips (high 3rd to low 4th plat trips aka 1200+mg) with weed, weed (GOOD stuff, i mean like high times good), alcohol, and just the other usual stuff. I am very experienced with dxm, so i am not new to tripping at all. I have hallucinated, and im fine with the fact of it. So it doesnt wory me.

So i was wondering, since i want this first trip to be memorable, and i want to fucking trip hard, how much should i take? Before i was thinking about a half 1/8. But now im thinking about taking the whole 1/8. I dont want to just get breathing walls, brighter colors, and CEVs. I want OEVs, and possible loss with reality. I want it to hit me deep and mean something. Does this sound like an 1/8 to you?

i bet their was a million of these topics, but my situation seems a bit different than the typical. And i searched and really didnt find the exact info of what i was looking for (aka mixed results).

thanks.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3727467 - 02/03/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

woa dude settle down there, i dont know why you would want to reach a level 4 trip off DXM, that sounds shitty.

but yea eat an eighth if you want a hard-butnottoohard first trip, have someone experienced trip with you or sit with you to be on the safe side. you should have a strong trip and an eighth is enough to freak someone out so be aware of that, but you should do fine. mushrooms will take over your mind and body a little more than DXM so be prepared to "talk yourself through the trip" so you dont feel too edgy.

good luck

--------------------
Shine On,           

Edited by acoostick (02/03/05 11:44 PM)

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3727474 - 02/03/05 11:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Aslong as you know that it's all in your head, then an 1/8th should be perfect for you, since you wanna trip hard.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #3727480 - 02/03/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well you're going to get alot of different advice as expected, but here's mine: If you really want a nice 1st shroom experience, go for the full 1/8th. The first time is so unique that I feel it should be experienced on nothing short of a full 3.5 grams.

Have fun and keep us posted.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Loc: Bozeman, Montana
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: Holydiver]
    #3727683 - 02/04/05 12:12 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you really wanna trip that hard dose on 5 grams and n02.....although I dont suggest it at all. 3.5 grams does it for most people.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

Offlineorichalc
Stranger

Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: Astrok]
    #3727794 - 02/04/05 12:27 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

3.5 grams.

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: orichalc]
    #3727907 - 02/04/05 12:45 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my first trip was 4 grams, and i loved every minute of it. You sound like you have experience with drugs, and have researched shrooms enough.

i say go for 4 - 4.5 grams.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3728605 - 02/04/05 03:03 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to trip hard then go with the recommendations above... you probably have a 95% chance of tripping hard on 1/8, but be prepared for the MENTAL trip... there's a lot more to shrooms than visuals. it will definately means something to you.. heh. have fun.

OfflineEternalMetal
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: acoostick]
    #3729112 - 02/04/05 06:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

acoostick said:
woa dude settle down there, i dont know why you would want to reach a level 4 trip off DXM, that sounds shitty.

all opinion i guess, i find DXM a lot of fun. As of now, its my drug of choice.

and i have read my fair share of trip reports on the stuff, and have done thorough research, so im pretty sure of what to expect. So i think i just might go for the whole 1/8. Well, im tripping by myself, but i will be alone in my room where i usually trip and am really comfortable with.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

OfflineShRooMHeAdJ
Stranger

Loc: NY
    #3729143 - 02/04/05 07:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

8th and youll get wat u want

--------------------
Holla

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3729155 - 02/04/05 07:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That's dangerous man. It sounds like you don't even know what sort of shrooms you'll be getting (although in all liklihood they'll be cubes). The first time I took an eighth, I was knocked entirely on my ass, and this was after having dosed on lower amounts in the past. The advice of having a sitter is good. Other than that, good luck friend!

:sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineorichalc
Stranger

Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: dblaney]
    #3729200 - 02/04/05 08:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

guys we all know that the shrooms kill kick his ass.

just let it kick his ass.

yes.

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: orichalc]
    #3729364 - 02/04/05 10:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1/8 sounds good  :thumbup: you sound like a dxm pro, so it prolly shouldn't be a problem

have a good journey!  :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #3729871 - 02/04/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You have to have your ass kicked by shrooms to fully respect them, in my opinion. With the type of experience he has had, i dont see any harm in him going for 1/8th minimum. if you want to read my trip report from my first trip (4 grams split)its here
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/11467

keep in mind this was about 3 years ago.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineEternalMetal
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: dblaney]
    #3730348 - 02/04/05 03:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
That's dangerous man. It sounds like you don't even know what sort of shrooms you'll be getting (although in all liklihood they'll be cubes). The first time I took an eighth, I was knocked entirely on my ass, and this was after having dosed on lower amounts in the past. The advice of having a sitter is good. Other than that, good luck friend!

:sun:

ive read up, and seen then like 90% of the shrooms people get are cubes, and since its the middle of winter im not expecting anything super potent.

Actually, im hoping it will kick my ass.  Im not here to take it easy, i want to go all the way.  I want to see what shrooms can offer, and i cant do that taking a normal starting dose.  And its not like its gonna danger my health, as they are pretty safe.

But their is bad news.  The kid i was gonna get them from was sick today (brother had some sickness and i think he caught it), so i wont be shroomin this weekend.  But he should be getting them to me next week, so i will just do it next friday night.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3731780 - 02/04/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

He's stated he's a big boy! I kinda figured from the first post that he wants an ass-kicking, and now he's verified that for us. sorry you'll be delayed, but you'll get what you're lookin for.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: lackobreath]
    #3732603 - 02/04/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Jesus. DXM trips and mushroom trips are a lot different. I don't think going for something as high as 4.5g is a good idea. You sound real confident, but you still don't know what your getting into. You don't know if your sensitive to psilocybin, or if your even going to like mushrooms. DXM in my opinion isn't a hallucinogen, its a dissociative and is very different from mushrooms.

Take an eighth (3.5g) your first time, and you should be okay. If it wasn't as "hard-core" as you wanted it to be, then do 5g next time. Just keep in mind that mushrooms don't give a fuck who you are or how confident you are in yourself. If your not ready, they'll send you through hell upside down. Take an eighth, and good luck.

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3734915 - 02/05/05 01:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you're experience enough with tripping, and the shrooms are Ps. Cubensis, i'd take 5g. I'm waiting to harvest, my next trip will be at 5g.

You can control your trip on shrooms, even at 5g. They really aren't that hardcore (IMHO) compared to other drugs.

I think the stairway to drugs goes something like this:

a. Weed/Cigs
ab. Alcohol
b. Shrooms
c. Opium (smoked)
d. Coke (snorted)/Crack
e. Meth
f. heroin

I dunno. Thats just my opinion. Know that I've never done C, D, E or F.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3735158 - 02/05/05 02:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Whoah dude, I can't believe you said mushrooms aren't as hardcore as opium? Have you ever done five grams before? You rate tobacco and weed on the same level? Have you ever smoked weed before? Sometimes you can control your trip on any amount of shrooms and sometimes you can't control your trip on any amount of shrooms. I would say shrooms are infinitely amount more powerful than any drug you have on that list. They all do different things, it is like comparing apples and oranges. Uppers and downers, they are just in a different ballpark.

Five grams is a good strong dose, so beware before you take this guy's advice as many people can get in over their head on just an eighth. But, you say you are willing to go that far, but I can almost tell you right now it is sorta futile when you get there. But, eat five grams and find out for yourself, good luck and have a good time. If you just want to taste the shroom world, which I would reccomend, eat an eighth, you can always eat more later. Try not to expect anything but let what happens happen, that is what happens.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineEternalMetal
Re: First Time Shrooming [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3752879 - 02/08/05 10:44 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trainwreck said:
Jesus. DXM trips and mushroom trips are a lot different. I don't think going for something as high as 4.5g is a good idea. You sound real confident, but you still don't know what your getting into. You don't know if your sensitive to psilocybin, or if your even going to like mushrooms. DXM in my opinion isn't a hallucinogen, its a dissociative and is very different from mushrooms.

Take an eighth (3.5g) your first time, and you should be okay. If it wasn't as "hard-core" as you wanted it to be, then do 5g next time. Just keep in mind that mushrooms don't give a fuck who you are or how confident you are in yourself. If your not ready, they'll send you through hell upside down. Take an eighth, and good luck.

woah, i never said anything about taking 4.5 grams, unless i mistyped. I want to try an 1/8 my first time.

and im expecting to be surprised, no doubt about that. I just went through a very hardcore trip on dxm and weed, living my ENTIRE life over again, except in the viewpoint of god, and actually seeing the entire universe. And i handled that just fine, even though i swore off all drugs on the trip, i still wish to persue this higher lever of consciousness.

I know that dxm differs a lot from shrooms, but thats all i have to compare to, so thats what i did. I am expecting something totally different, and am really anxious to try it. I feel like i am ready, and from what i read from 3.5g trip reports, i think i can handle everything i heard, especially in the comfortable atmosphere of my room.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience