Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrugged_monkey
MORE mushrooms from backyard. FRESH this time.
    #372525 - 08/15/01 06:20 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Okay here they are. The shrooms in the first photo appear to be the same as the dry ones I posted earlier. They were pulled from my lawn. We ran the sprinklers last night. We also use a mulching mower.

This next group is a variety of shrooms I found from all over the yard. The one in the upper right was found on his own in the lawn.
The dry one just below him was found in bark all alone. The group of 3 white ones were found together in the lawn near a tree stump. The last one with the cool pattern on top was found in the lawn near the base of a tree. The last picture is just a top and bottom view of this same mushroom.

So what's the word? Any of this look like psychoactive shrooms? Or poisionous ones? These were found in UT. I've bruised them all and looked for blueing, but it's only been about 20 min since I bruised them. The white ones look like they are bruising, but it looks gray right now. They all have gills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: MORE mushrooms from backyard. FRESH this time. [Re: drugged_monkey]
    #372534 - 08/15/01 06:37 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

nothing magic. sorry again for getting your hopes up.

dans le silence du poisson-lune
plilosophait au fond des brumnes

Offlinedrugged_monkey
Re: MORE mushrooms from backyard. FRESH this time. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #372566 - 08/15/01 07:49 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well they look cool anyway. Here are some more I found just a few minutes ago.

Just for my knowledge...What (other than blueing) tips you off that these are not psychoactive? Do you know of any place I could find out what magic mushrooms grow in Utah..names of mushroom, description, season, photos? I'm trying to absorb as much info as possible before deciding how to accomodate my shrooming needs. I would like to hunt for them, but if that's simply not feasible in UT. I'll consider growing.

thanks, drugged_monkey

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: MORE mushrooms from backyard. FRESH this time. [Re: drugged_monkey]
    #372692 - 08/15/01 10:19 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Did you take sporeprints? That would REALLY help narrow it down.

But I'll take a shot in the dark at these anyway.

The ones in photo #1 do look like some kind of Panaeolus: if the spores are black, then that's what they are. Harmless, but probably useless. Dark brown or purplish-brown spores would place them in Panaeolina, also harmless-but-useless.

Most of those in Photo #2 look like Psathryella (candoleana?) Dark purplish-brown spores would confirm. Harmless but useless.

The light-gilled scaly-capped specimens in Photos # 2 & 3 might be poisonous--some species of Lepiota (if the spores are white) or Inocybe (if spores are light brown).

The ones in your later post look like more Psathryellas.

I really don't know anything about what grows in Utah (besides Mormons & sheep)--have only passed thru the state a couple of times, as quickly as possible--but I've never heard of any magical fungi growing there. Probably some good edibles up in the mountains, but if you want to journey with Lord Teotacanatl, then home-growing is probably your best bet.

Offlinedrugged_monkey
Re: MORE mushrooms from backyard. FRESH this time. [Re: Woodsman]
    #372915 - 08/16/01 08:52 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the reply. I just figured I should see whats growing in my own backyard before I set out on either an expedition to find them or shopping spree to start growing them.

Offlinedrugged_monkey
Re: MORE mushrooms from backyard. FRESH this time. [Re: Woodsman]
    #373718 - 08/17/01 01:30 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I've been reading like crazy about mushrooms as of late(thankyou shroomery.com) and I ran into an article by John Allen called "Close encounters of the Panaeolus kind" from which I pull this quote:

"Black spored fungi of the genus Panaeolus and Copelandia species both belong to the family of psilocybian fungi known to contain the hallucinogenic indole alkaloids psilocybin and psilocin. Black-spored fungi of the genus Coprinus and Anellaria may contain some tryptamine derivatives but do not possess either psilocin or psilocybin. "

After reading this article I thought that if the mushrooms from the first photo I posted gave a black spore print they sound like they could be "magic". I didn't notice any blueing, but in his same article he mentions some of them having a lack of blueing, but possibly having some blueing in the mycelium....everything else matches up, season, hollow stems, gills...

Any arguments for or against. I'm still completely new at this and any positions one way or the other won't offend me in the slightest. I may be totally wrong and I don't mind being wrong so long as I can learn why I'm wrong.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract