Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
JAR REPLACEMENT!!!
    #3724977 - 02/03/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i thought of this today... what if u just used a soda bottle that was washed out reeeaallly good then sterilized. after that fill it with ure favorite subsrtate, then when its fully colonized take a knife and slice the side open straight down and sort of unwrap it. let me kno if u think this is a good idea or not cuz idk if plastic would harm anything or somethin.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineschwank167
Crack Head
 User Gallery
Re: JAR REPLACEMENT!!! [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3724996 - 02/03/05 02:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like a good idea to me man, maybe sterilize ur substrate like before hand and dump it in there, i might just try that

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3725005 - 02/03/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It could work if you wrapped it in sterlye plastic or something, but why not just jars???

You could put it in there and then cut it open and fruit it like that...But you'd have to mist it A lot, and probably leave it outside ( put something over it incase it rains)...Otherwise the chances of contams will increase(you have way more dust in your house than there is outside)....it'd be intersting for a pic of the month type of deal but if you're not doing it for art then i'd scrap the idea.....I'm doing something similar for the sake of art...:D

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3725008 - 02/03/05 02:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

2 liter pop containers will melt :eek: into a warped glob  :crazy: in a PC @ 15 psi over 60 minutes.  :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: JAR REPLACEMENT!!! [Re: schwank167]
    #3725009 - 02/03/05 02:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think a soda bottle would withstand the PCing. The process of putting sterilized substrate in the bottle would be prone to contamination unless done in a glovebox or flowhood. So I wouldn't try it.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: JAR REPLACEMENT!!! [Re: woodzmun]
    #3725028 - 02/03/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i might jsu try it myself if this si a breakthrough then i could become shroom famous!  :loveeyes: :cheers:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

#3725129 - 02/03/05 03:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i dont think this will work because there will be little or no air exchange during colonization. Stick with jars. They are only like $7 from the grocery store for a dozen of them.

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #3725130 - 02/03/05 03:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well if u cant find proper jars then whiskey glasses seem
to be working well for me.

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: JAR REPLACEMENT!!! [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3725214 - 02/03/05 03:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not what I was getting at....

Maybe I should eleborate a bit?....
Well, you could try and sterilyze the can with alcohol or something like and then probably do the same with the plastic.....But yeah, trying to pc it :thumbdown:, good luck w/ that heh..
I've got a thick ass glass bottle that i'ma use...but i'm not gonna go into any more detail, i'll post it when it's fully conplete :laugh:..

-Gnostic

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: JAR REPLACEMENT!!! [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3725413 - 02/03/05 04:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Every time you move this bottle the sides of it are going to be squeezed in, damaging the cake. Jars are cheap, and won't melt, why waste your money and time on something like this.

Offlinefungis_eata
strangerrrr
Loc: neverland
Re: JAR REPLACEMENT!!! [Re: metasin]
    #3725497 - 02/03/05 04:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was JUST thining the same thing. I've ran out of every size jar, shotglass, most of our drinking glasses, a couple of plastic jar type things that used to hold sprinkles, and a weird jar thing with a really crazy lid. The plastic bottle melted when I steamed an empty one but worked fine after steaming for 2 hours full of substrate. If you have the substrate, go for it! The coke bottle project is next!
I'm going to fill some 20 oz bottles with water, boil the hell out of them, cut em in half, fillem, cover em with foil, boil, and be very careful not to squeeze when picking it up.

--------------------
As I held the dark syringe close to my ear I heard a small voice, "If you build it, they will grow." With a quick jab at each jar, I injected two cc's in each. Soon enough, I was chomping on the sexiest handfull of nipples I had ever seen. A tear ran down my face. I could feel their warm touch soothing my soul. It was so beautiful that all I knew to do was cry out with laughter. All the love I had shown them was returned with the most concentrated and potent form of love known to man.
great sex

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale