Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineparrabola
Stranger
changes in visual perception after mushrooms
    #3723858 - 02/03/05 10:06 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I stopped taking mushrooms last year because I went through a period of time where I loved them soo much I did them once every 3 days on average for about 3 months. After this, and smoking copious amounts of marijuana and a caffiene overdose my vision changed. I seemed to have a wierd overlay of purple and greeny blobs in my field of vision, similar to that of looking at a bright light and looking away again with the image on your retina. If I looked at a white wall, it would have loads of little sub patterns on it. It went away after about 6 months but occasionally comes back to haunt me, especially when I havent had much sleep.

Does anybody else have any experience of this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: parrabola]
    #3723965 - 02/03/05 11:00 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I've had the same thing in the past. Mine were more like floaters, these squiqqly lines that would go up and down in my field of vision constantly regardless of where I looked. It got better after time, a year or so.

Since my last mushroom trip a few weeks ago, they are almost completely gone. The last few trips have not increased this at all for some strange reason.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinemushroom_lout
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: Holydiver]
    #3725972 - 02/03/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have the exact same thing...

I've first noticed it a few months ago, but it is steadily getting a lot worse. At its worst i can actually see 'entities' movin around my room, they kind of look like a blair in my vision, but have shape and freely move.

It is very bizarre and unerving when ur laying in bed keeping your eyes closed because what you can see when you open them freaks you out...

I think its time I had a break for a few months.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: mushroom_lout]
    #3726501 - 02/03/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've never taken mushrooms, only marijuana, but EVERYWHERE I look I see static. Especially on white or black surfaces. I see patterns and subpatterns forminga nd this weird particle energy flow through the texture. I fucking hate it and it scares the hell out of me... I wonder if this is related.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinemushroom_lout
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: Society]
    #3726527 - 02/03/05 09:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ah, thats the word i was lookin for, "ststic" that desrcribes what i see exactly.

OfflineDUBS
Trippin' Mofo

#3726622 - 02/03/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I was actually staring into the sky today, it was a clear, blue, sunny sky and when I would stare intently in one direction thousands of small white bug-like objects would appear and begin flying around in every which direction and the moment I moved my eyes they would disappear, veryyy strange but entertaining too. Also when I move my eyes to look in another direction I sometime get this ripple type effects in my vision. They move but they are like the bubbles that appear in a tinted window; my best description haha.

--------------------
Don't drink and drive, smoke weed and fly!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: DUBS]
    #3727089 - 02/03/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ah yes, HPPD, my friends.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: dblaney]
    #3727162 - 02/03/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
Ah yes, HPPD, my friends.

Not really.  Go study HPPD and learn what a small % of the tripping population it actually affects before handing out a diagnosis to other people, please.  :smirk: 

http://hppdonline.com/index.php

http://www.stormloader.com/hppd/

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3727264 - 02/03/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Diagnostic criteria for Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder

A. The re-experiencing, following cessation of use of a hallucinogen, of one or more of the perceptual symptoms that were experienced while intoxicated with the hallucinogen (e.g., geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in the peripheral visual fields, flashes of colors, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects, positive afterimages, halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia.

B. The symptoms in Criterion A cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

C. The symptoms are not due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain, visual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for another mental disorder (e.g., delirium, dementia, Schizophrenia) or hypnopompic hallucinations.

Alright, alright, Criterion A and C are met, but not B, lol.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: dblaney]
    #3727305 - 02/03/05 11:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey dblaney18 I didn't mean to sound rude about that.  But I feel that HPPD is much less common and goes way deeper then the visual effects people are reporting, when there is really much more to it then visuals.  I hope no one has to experience HPPD here, not fun :crazy:

Take care,
D

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#3727328 - 02/03/05 11:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hehe, no worries mate. I probably am a little too liberal with my HPPD diagnoses anyways. I second your hope that no one must suffer HPPD, although I know many here do :frown:.

:sun:

--------------------

- John Mayer

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

#3728662 - 02/04/05 03:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

DUBS
I have not yet used mushrooms only cannabis. However, before my first smoke I had seen the phenomana in the sky that you did. Like little whiteish bubbles flying every which way. pretty weird.

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: shymanta]
    #3728752 - 02/04/05 03:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone think these uninvited visuals may have some profound significance in our Spiritual reality?

More or less talking shit, but this could open a few doors in the Shamanic usage of hallucinogens and other ethnobotanicals. I remember reading Castaneda's work, Don Juan said you must ingest the mushroom as much as possible and you can learn to "see".

Makes one wonder.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3728888 - 02/04/05 04:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yeah me as well.. I see sponge bob from time to time..  :wink:

No, I see light bolds in the corners of my eyes from time to time..  :smirk: (No joke btw)

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3729167 - 02/04/05 08:07 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DUBS said:
I was actually staring into the sky today, it was a clear, blue, sunny sky and when I would stare intently in one direction thousands of small white bug-like objects would appear and begin flying around in every which direction and the moment I moved my eyes they would disappear, veryyy strange but entertaining too. Also when I move my eyes to look in another direction I sometime get this ripple type effects in my vision. They move but they are like the bubbles that appear in a tinted window; my best description haha.

everyone sees things on their eyes when they look at the sky... that's pretty normal... i don't know about the ripple effect :smile:

--------------------

Offlineparrabola
Stranger
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3729635 - 02/04/05 11:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Im glad that I am not alone with this visual perception change, It went away for a while, and now its come back again, I havent taken shrooms since july last year, Ive occasionally smoked marijuana since.

It seems to come back when I dont sleep much either, maybe its to do with our modern lifestyle, I was told by my docter that our sleeping pattern clashes with our modern lifestyle, our evolutianary sleeping pattern is to curl up in a cave after hunting and eating, until one feels hungry again.

I like the idea of shamanism and learning to "see" - For the last year ive been feeling dizzy and tired all the time as well as visual perception problems, with no diagnosis after blood tests and trips to the hospital, but last night in my sleep, I entered a maze of rooms, in persuit of something, like an entity in the form of a shadow, - every now and then I would get a glimps of it against a wall before it would disapear into the dark space between all four walls. This whole dream went on like this, feeling the fear of chasing something of unknown capabilities.

Maybe I have a demon making me feel this way, which I came face to face with in the astral realm, I dont know, Im not religous but I am open minded.

Edited by parrabola (02/04/05 12:15 PM)

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: changes in visual perception after mushrooms [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3731626 - 02/04/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ld50negative1 said:
Quote:

DUBS said:

everyone sees things on their eyes when they look at the sky... that's pretty normal... i don't know about the ripple effect :smile:

Yes, the sighting of these strange bugs is very normal.  I learned in this very forum that what you are seeing is the cells in the 2 layers over your retina.  When looking at a bright surface you are able to see this phenomenon.  As for the "ripple effect" I think I know what you are talking about.  Since I was 4 or 5, I've noticed this rippling effect.  It's as if a large, transparent, flat, and wirey bug slides across my eyelids.  They seem to have multiple legs, usually occur consequtively, can be occompanied by others, and happen ESPECIALLY after looking at the sky.  I think this also has to do with nature in some way rather than drugs (but I don't know for sure).

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being