Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Toronto
New user & discussion topic
    #3722964 - 02/03/05 02:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Everyone,

I am a new user here, and I just completed the "inoculation" phase of the Half Wit's Guide to PF Tek (my own name for the guide).

Anyway, I may have some questions for the community over the course of my journey, so I thought I should be polite before I start making demands.

And to make this interesting (hopefully), I invite people to talk about their first shroom trip!

I was a late bloomer. My first experience was at the age of 24.  Myself and a group of friends had spent the night partying, and I had taken an E earlier in the night.  T=0 was about 5:30AM, and we had made a group decision to go all night.  We each ate about 4 grams (I think) of dried mushrooms. Contrary to what I had heard, I didn't mind the taste too much.  Anyway, we sat in the coffee shop for about 20 minutes after eating them, finishing our coffee.. At this point, I noticed that I started getting a tingling sensation in my extremeties.  We started to get up to leave and all of a sudden I realized that all the colours in the room looked more vibrant and textured.  Everything was really really funny too. I managed to get into back seat of the car somehow, still holding my sides and laughing histerically (how must I have looked to our sober driver?). 

The drive from this particular suburb to downtown was the longest 45 of my life.  The suburb that we were driving through is an industrial city, and there are huge steel factories with kiln's that shoot off 30 foot flames and smoke 24 hours a day 7 days a week. With my eyes open, I was seeing things out of the corner of my eye, and when I closed my eyes I got some amazing visuals. I also noticed that little coloured abberations were radiating off of my friends (imagine little rainbows).  At this point, a very intense song was playing in the car's CD player, and I was seeing interesting visuals to the music.

No one talked for the duration of this song, which seemed like half an hour, but is only really 5 minutes or so.  At the end of the song, this thought hit me and I started laughing histerically, and was joined by everyone else in the car (4 other people).

Anyway, we pulled into the city, and managed to find our way to another coffee shop.  At this time it was somewhere around 6:30 AM Sunday morning.  There were some families outside walking, and a few early risers in the restaurant.. I can't imagine how we must have looked.. We managed to get the waitress to sit down with us for our break and talk. At one point, I went into the bathroom and started at my face in the mirror for about 10 minutes while other people kept coming in and leaving.  I drank about 6 cups of coffee and popped another pill before we left.  By this time, the shrooms were starting to wear off.

The day continued from there, but I guess that was the bulk of my first shroom experience..

Anyway, it was an amazing experience, and they are one of my favourite indulgences now. I hope that I have a green thumb :smile:

Edited by neuph (02/03/05 02:58 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBurke Dennings

Re: New user & discussion topic [Re: neuph]
    #3723051 - 02/03/05 03:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery!  Good luck with your grow!  :mushroom2: :grin:

I'd post a story about my first mushroom trip, but it's way too late;  I should be in bed.

This will not go undocumented.

Loc: Toronto
Re: New user & discussion topic [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3723093 - 02/03/05 03:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks  :grin:

I also should be in bed.. Well technically, I should be working on the report(s) that I have due tomorrow.. Sleep comes after that :rolleyes:

the ghost with the most

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3723170 - 02/03/05 03:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to The Shroomery!

Wordsworthian Wanderer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #3723795 - 02/03/05 09:44 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man.

My first shroom trip sucked. $40 for an eighth, and I only saw one good visual. I was in a well-lighted drinking environment and I think only three of us were on them. My friend was like, "I've done acid before, so I don't wanna be all cheesy like 'I love you guys' and shit". Then he's like "M, you're straight as fuck man, always got the hookup".. "C, dude, we've known each other since first grade man, you've always been there, you're the shit".. "D, I never seen a more perfect blunt in my life, you always get some good shit, I love you dude" like he was on E or something. It was funny and we all started laughing, and he's like "oh.. fuck.. I'm doing it huh?"

My second trip was on well over an eighth, and got dosed by a friend's homegrown. At night, by ourselves, and was too intense to write before I gotta head off to class. Nonetheless, was a blast, and welcome to the community!

User Gallery

Re: New user & discussion topic [Re: Adden]
    #3724671 - 02/03/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well hello from one new user (well a new user of the forum at least!) to another. this is officially my first post.

as for my first mushroom experience, it was a medium quantity of phlosophers stones. it was an enjoyable loved up experience with mild closed eye visuals. it sparked my interest in mushrooms generally. these days i enjoy hunting for wild edible mushrooms mostly.

have fun and see ya around!

Edited by shnakboozy (02/03/05 03:07 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub