Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineClockworkNoah
Stranger
court date coming up
    #3715632 - 02/01/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A few months ago I got caught with ketamine and bud on me. My trial is coming up on the eleventh, but they offered a plea bargain of two years disposition. Is that like probation? And if I take them up on the offer will I still be tested on the eleventh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: court date coming up [Re: ClockworkNoah]
    #3715986 - 02/01/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ClockworkNoah said:
A few months ago I got caught with ketamine and bud on me. My trial is coming up on the eleventh, but they offered a plea bargain of two years disposition. Is that like probation? And if I take them up on the offer will I still be tested on the eleventh?

If you haven't already (doesn't sound like you have) get a lawyer. Don't do a thing until you talk to one.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineClockworkNoah
Stranger
Re: court date coming up [Re: z@z.com]
    #3716980 - 02/02/05 12:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I have some court appointed jackass

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#3717064 - 02/02/05 12:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Z is right. Spend the extra money and hire a real lawyer, it will save you so much trouble and aggravation. Lawyers  :thumbup:.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlineone80to1
Stranger
Re: court date coming up [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #3718093 - 02/02/05 07:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What exactly are you charged with, simple possession, or something more?

OfflineClockworkNoah
Stranger
Re: court date coming up [Re: one80to1]
    #3721598 - 02/02/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Posession of a controlled substance, which is a felony. I can't afford a real lawyer. What I want to know is whether I will be tested if I take the plea bargain.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3721660 - 02/02/05 09:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ClockworkNoah said:
Posession of a controlled substance, which is a felony. I can't afford a real lawyer. What I want to know is whether I will be tested if I take the plea bargain.

In all likelyhood you will be.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Re: court date coming up [Re: z@z.com]
    #3722055 - 02/02/05 10:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Take out a loan to get a real lawyer. sell one of your fingers on ebay. but get a real lawyer. I looked up disposition and I couldn't find anything about it being a sentence...

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:k5V...ition&hl=en

is a better example of how it is used, and you will probably recieve something like this. It will probably end up something like 2 years probation. I am hoping that after arrested and arrigned that you are out on personal recognizance (bail bondsmen suck). Good luck with your court date.

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3723879 - 02/03/05 08:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Is this your first time being in trouble?  If so, you need to shoot for whatever keeps the felony off your record... suspended sentence, misdemeanor plea, etc.

Not all court appointed lawyers are bad... but they aren't going to go out of their way to help you... you are going to have to be persistent with them.  Remember, you are just more work for them to deal with and they care more about reducing work load than getting you off (typically).  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Make them explain the offer, the repercussions, what is going to happen, etc.

> What I want to know is whether I will be tested if I take the plea bargain.

Regardless of what happens, they are going to be watching you for a year or two.  If you use illegals during this time, they are probably going to catch you and it isn't going to be good.  You got caught... time to pay the price and lay off the illegals for a while.  :frown:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale