Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsiliPSIENTIST
Closet Chemist

Loc: watching you
Re: Legalization [Re: Annom]
    #3725372 - 02/03/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am a strong advocate of the legalization (and use of) such drugs as psychadelics and marijuana. I also think anyone has the right to put into their body whatever they want, but I think there should be strict regulations on use, not to say how much or often, but limitiations such as public intoxication laws, selling to minors, minors in possession, and DUI laws. I think these wouldn't really be necessary for pot, but for the rest it would be a matter of the safety to others which is more important than one person having a killer trip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Legalization [Re: Ravus]
    #3726295 - 02/03/05 06:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am for legalization of all drugs.  Age limit should be set at 21 years old.  The only problem I think would be, how could you test someone for LSD or heroin if a cop were you pull you over?  For alcohol, they have the breathalyzer, for MJ they have the mouth swab thing, but what about other drugs?

I do think that irresponsible use of psychedelics and most other drugs would run ramped though, which is sad.  It is not my place to judge a person on what they can or cannot put in their body, it's just that I think there are many people who would do these drugs to get fucked up, for shits and giggles, and end up in a dangerous situation by endangering their life or the lives of others.

"there should be strict regulations on use, not to say how much or often, but limitiations such as public intoxication laws, selling to minors, minors in possession, and DUI laws"

I agree :thumbup:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Legalization [Re: Seuss]
    #3726360 - 02/03/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I disagree with you on this... high school is for learning, college is for exploring.

I have to disagree with you on this. High school is for preparing (and exploring), and college is for learning. Personally, I can't take a day's break in college to "explore" without falling behind.

Depends on the major and school I suppose.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #3727057 - 02/03/05 08:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

To legalize drugs would allow people to stop ODing "as much" because we could find a proper dosage. You wuold also have some punk ass kids try to be "cool" and do some really stupid shit. Im for legalization. But you should be older than 14 lol...

--------------------

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Re: Legalization [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3728412 - 02/04/05 12:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I hear a lot of people taking about the legalization of cannabis and other substances. I'm all for it. But what we have to remember is that it IS in our hands and WE are the one who have to do something about it. No one will do it for us.

The problem is, I think, that we all kinda perceive it as hopeless and are wishing some miracle legislation. One thing that we must keep in mind is that we are the drug culture. We are the future of this country and the world.

If we all put the same effort into proper demonstrating, independent scientific research, and a solid plan of attack that we put into that last minute search for a sack of what usually turns out to be shitty weed...then we can raise above our corrupt oppressors.

Standing firmly together and using there own tactics(the Court System)against them, we WILL prevail. Our forefathers fought for freedom 200 years ago, now we must fight, too. For future generations to enjoy the fruits of our effort the way we enjoy the fruits of our forefathers's.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#3729244 - 02/04/05 07:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am for the legalization of marijuana and psychedellics, but I can't rationalize legalizing things like cocaine, meth and herion. Perhaps this is from my experiences in the past.

I've seen a lot of good friends become addicted to cocaine or meth. Long term stimulant usage changes people. It changes them for the worst. My ex girlfriend who I still love very much used to use coke every day for a long time, and I hated what she became during that time. I had another friend who became addicted to cocaine and totally broke down. He started to show signs of full blown schizophrenia even though he wasn't a schizophrenic.

So no, I can't logically see a reason why drugs that "destroy lives" should be legalized in American Society. Perhaps it works in the Netherlands, but American people are a different group raised with different cultural standards and I think legalizing hardcore stimulants and/or opiates could lead to the downfall of American society. The majority of America just can't handle "hardcore" drugs. There are exceptions to every rule, of course.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I can totally understand where you are coming from on the banning alcohol thing. I'd support it, even though I love alcohol. I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 drugs that do more bodily harm than alcohol does. Alcohol addiction is by far one of the messiest and deadly addictions out there. Don't believe me? Do some research. 10% of all alcoholics who try to quit die, even when hospitalized. Alcohol is far more damaging than most drugs out there.

Edited by Gumby (02/04/05 07:22 AM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3729868 - 02/04/05 11:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
Who are you to decide what others should do with their body? You can give information about drugs, but not tell others what to do with their body... That's exactly what the US gov does... deciding for others what's good and bad for their body. Please don't make the same fault!

kid dips into their dad's booze stash...he'll probably hate the taste and if does keep drinking most likely the worst case scenario is that he'll throw up. kid dips into his dad's lsd stash and its a whole different ball game.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Legalization [Re: TODAY]
    #3729890 - 02/04/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

what a great argument...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3730002 - 02/04/05 11:40 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kid dips into their dad's booze stash...he'll probably hate the taste and if does keep drinking most likely the worst case scenario is that he'll throw up. kid dips into his dad's lsd stash and its a whole different ball game.

I fail to see the difference, or point for that matter. Bad parenting has nothing to do with legalization. Also, not everybody chooses to have children. Regarding alcohol and LSD, alcohol is a much more dangerous substance than LSD.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3730610 - 02/04/05 01:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I support legalization of some drugs. Age is only one of the restrictions I'd want to see, however. Certain drugs should be restricted to home use. Marijuana and mushrooms should be legal for growing and personal consumption, but I do not like the idea of their commercialization.

LSD becomes much more difficult. It should be legalized for use in "therapy". LSD should not be distributed by anyone or to anyone, even to anyone "of age." It would be good to have certain "centers" established where people could go to dose on LSD. I can envision "pychedelic centers" where the director of the facility has a license for distribution of LSD to guests of the center. These centers would be set up for "group sessions", individual sessions, etc. The centers would be able to take nature tours under the guidance of qualified psychedelic counselors.

AHHH, what a wonderful world it would be....

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Legalization [Re: Gumby]
    #3730733 - 02/04/05 02:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
I am for the legalization of marijuana and psychedellics, but I can't rationalize legalizing things like cocaine, meth and herion. Perhaps this is from my experiences in the past.

I've seen a lot of good friends become addicted to cocaine or meth. Long term stimulant usage changes people. It changes them for the worst. My ex girlfriend who I still love very much used to use coke every day for a long time, and I hated what she became during that time. I had another friend who became addicted to cocaine and totally broke down. He started to show signs of full blown schizophrenia even though he wasn't a schizophrenic.

So no, I can't logically see a reason why drugs that "destroy lives" should be legalized in American Society. Perhaps it works in the Netherlands, but American people are a different group raised with different cultural standards and I think legalizing hardcore stimulants and/or opiates could lead to the downfall of American society. The majority of America just can't handle "hardcore" drugs. There are exceptions to every rule, of course.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I can totally understand where you are coming from on the banning alcohol thing. I'd support it, even though I love alcohol. I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 drugs that do more bodily harm than alcohol does. Alcohol addiction is by far one of the messiest and deadly addictions out there. Don't believe me? Do some research. 10% of all alcoholics who try to quit die, even when hospitalized. Alcohol is far more damaging than most drugs out there.

I think you're falling into the trap of equating legalizing with promoting. All prohibition does is make people who have a health problem(addiction) into criminals. You don't heal sick people in jail. People who have problems with meth, coke, heroin, etc. should feel free to discuss their problem with a doctor without the fear of exposing themselves as criminals. Also, the fact that you say you'd support alcohol prohibition tells me that you don't know much about the history of prohibition. Look it up, and realize that prohibition makes the problem worse, not better.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3731182 - 02/04/05 03:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I fail to see the difference, or point for that matter. Bad parenting has nothing to do with legalization. Also, not everybody chooses to have children. Regarding alcohol and LSD, alcohol is a much more dangerous substance than LSD.

bad parenting has nothing to do with a curious kid boosting open the liquor cabinet or stealing from the store or whatnot. kids are curious, they'll find a way, at least i and all my friends did.

i believe that lsd is more dangerous than alcohol. i know that when alcohol is abused it is dangerous but legally selling lsd would be quite a problem in my opinion.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3731713 - 02/04/05 05:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The reason alcohol is so readily available for teenagers is not because it's legal, but because so many of their parents drink. Not very many people use LSD, and past experience has shown that legalizing a drug does not increase usage by a significant margin, so the whole scenario of a kid finding his parents' LSD stash would be no more likely then than it is now.

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Legalization [Re: Silversoul]
    #3731859 - 02/04/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

And because it is really really easy to get, unlike LSD.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization [Re: theocean06]
    #3731872 - 02/04/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe so, but even then, I don't think we'd see a great rise in hallucinogen use if they were legalized. People generally are afraid of what hallucinogens might do to mind. Rightly so, I'd say. Better to have hallucinogens mostly used by people who are careful with them.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Legalization [Re: Silversoul]
    #3732492 - 02/04/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree, just because something becomes legal it doesn't mean a huge influx of people will start doing it who've never touched a drug before. It'll mainly just free our prisons, save us hundreds of billions of dollars and restore needed civil liberties to drug users and others who are wrongly prosecuted by the government.

Harm reduction should be our focus, not criminalization. Sell clean needles to heroin addicts, have safe places for them to shoot up and clean regulated heroin, and I can almost guarantee it will be a safer life for many addicts compared to living on the streets, sharing needles and shooting up heroin cut with who knows what.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3732872 - 02/04/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am for the decriminalization of marijuana. I do not believe that hard drugs should be legal, although I do believe that addicts should be regarded as patients, and not criminals. I'm not sure about hallucinogens, though I do say that current sentencing guidelines regarding the use and possession of medium and hard drugs need to be severely revamped.

I favor decriminalization because it is more realistic than outright legalization - which, unfortunately, isn't saying much. And it's certainly more realistic than legalizing hard drugs, which, from a practical standpoint, is absurd. And there need to be reasonable restrictions on pot, like not using the drug in or near the presence of minors.

It really is ridiculous that marijuana is still regarded as a Schedule I drug, with no medicinal value. Where does that leave alcohol, then? Seems to me that alcohol should be schedule I. Of course, it's been used for thousands of years, the bible says it's OK, and it is socially acceptable to the point where it is virtually required, so it must be fine. But pot has a much shorter and very different history, so here we are.

I am totally opposed to legalizing hard drugs. Drugs like crystal meth and crack cocaine are incredibly destructive in the lives of individuals, as well as society. If you've been on these drugs, you understand. This goes beyond the right of a person to ingest anything they want, because we're talking about drugs that are a public health hazard. Ever heard of the crack epidemic?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3732955 - 02/04/05 10:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Land_Crab said:
I am totally opposed to legalizing hard drugs. Drugs like crystal meth and crack cocaine are incredibly destructive in the lives of individuals, as well as society. If you've been on these drugs, you understand. This goes beyond the right of a person to ingest anything they want, because we're talking about drugs that are a public health hazard. Ever heard of the crack epidemic?

Again, you're making the fallacy of assuming that prohibition is somehow keeping usage of these drugs down. Legalizing them would not cause increased usage, but would lead to harm reduction, as well as keeping the profits from them out of the hands of criminals and in the hands of legitimate businesses, so there would be far less bloodshed.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Legalization [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3733022 - 02/04/05 10:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No one's trying to justify using hard drugs, but keeping them illegal doesn't help the situation. Remember the crack epidemic? Yes I do, that happened DURING prohibition, so if prohibition is such a failure why do you support it?

Wouldn't it be healthier to society if we actually made these drugs cleaner and cheaper for the addicts so they don't have to become homeless and steal to support their habit, and making treatment easier to obtain for them because they don't have to worry about legal consequences for simply using their drug? Putting people in prison doesn't work, and criminalizing the market doesn't solve the problem, it only gives the market to gangsters, thugs and others who work purely for money and do not hesitate to use violence. Prohibition quite literally funds gangs and terrorists, as otherwise that money would go to legitimate businesses that can be regulated and scrutinized the FDA and other such organizations.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3733063 - 02/04/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd say it's actually more important that we legalize hard drugs than to legalize weed and psychedelics. There isn't a high instance of psychedelics being cut with other, more dangerous substances(unless you count E as psychedelic). Also, weed and acid dealers usually don't go around offing each other like crack dealers do. I think legalizing hard drugs would be much more beneficial to society in terms of increasing public health and decreasing crime than legalizing marijuana would be.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale