Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Recycling the Fourth Dimension
    #3721435 - 02/02/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

We move along this time track, constantly in the present, and rarely do we think about the actual nature of the fourth dimension of time that we've experienced in every moment since our inception. Yet where does time go? Is the present recyled into the future? In nature, everything seems to be part of a cycle that continues its existence, but what of time? Does the statement, "Nothing can be created or destroyed, only changed" apply to time also?

It's amazing how unaware people seem to be of the moment that they are always in. We are always riding the highest wave, the energy that pulsed from the beginning of the universe always keeps us surfing in the moment. Yet it is not the water that moves with us, only the energy. It is then possible that the present moment is always in a different location of the ocean, relative to the analogy, but the energy that carries us surfing closer and closer to the shore is the same.

Like points on a spinning CD, even though the points around the edges move faster than the ones near the center, all perception of time is constantly aligned, whether you are deep in a dreamless sleep or experiencing the seconds as hours each on an intense mushroom trip. The sychronization of what we experience in the space-time continuum is amazing, but to how we experience time it could not be any other way.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Recycling the Fourth Dimension [Re: Ravus]
    #3722363 - 02/03/05 12:51 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What is time? Does time actually exist? No, it is a word that represents an abstract idea that offers a reference point to connect events in our lives.

The basis of time...the fabric of the idea is movement. When there is no movement there is no time, but there is always movement and thus always time. There are often ripples in movement (black holes and other gravity distortions) and correspondingly, ripples in objective time.

Basically, time doesnt really exist. Its an idea to connect movement (and I do mean the Grand Movement).

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Recycling the Fourth Dimension [Re: psyka]
    #3722463 - 02/03/05 01:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That's quite a catch 22 if it's true. Movement needs time to exist under our perception, but if objectively time needs movement to exist, how did anything begin to move without time?

I do believe that time is just a measurement of movement though, if everything in the universe was frozen all time would cease, yet it's still quite complex if you incorporate the Big Bang theory into it. Before the Big Bang, there was no movement, and therefore no time, so how does something come into existence when there's no time to enter?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3722685 - 02/03/05 01:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I beg forgiveness for not knowing what the fourth dimension is and for being too lazy to look it up, but what is the fourth dimension???

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Recycling the Fourth Dimension [Re: Frog]
    #3722722 - 02/03/05 02:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Time.

The time-space continuum, for example, is 3 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3722754 - 02/03/05 02:13 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am asking simple questions because I have a statement to make but I don't want to make it until I am sure I understand what you guys are talking about.

Why would time not exist? I understand that we assigned the values to what we know time to mean, but is not "time" merely a way to mark distance between events?

Events cannot happen all at once. If we don't have "time", what do we use to mark passage between events?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Recycling the Fourth Dimension [Re: Frog]
    #3722851 - 02/03/05 02:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, I think time is 'just there' in the same way that 3 dimensions are 'just there'. so the question "does time exist?" can be applied as justifiably to the 3 spatial dimensions.

one idea I entertain is that the universe expands and cotracts, but not over and over---just once. as it expands, its occupants perceive time as moving 'forward'. as it contracts, occupants perceive time as 'backward'. ...er maybe it is over and over. maybe not. ..?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Recycling the Fourth Dimension [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3722874 - 02/03/05 02:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well since scientists think the universe is never going to contract, that's a possibility we'll never know. :smirk:

The latest theory says the universe will expand faster and faster, until everything decays, all the stars go out, and the universe as we know it is no more. Then after that, I believe black holes suck up the decayed matter, and then even the black holes disappear.

This is over thousands of trillions of years though I believe, and since we're only on year 15 billion we've got a long way to go.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3722927 - 02/03/05 02:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The movement of time is like the unfolding of a lotus flower.
Time in the sense of chronometry is the measurement of movement.
Time in the sense of a dimension is the timeless present-moment in which all movement takes place.
The Now is inseperable from who you truly are; the timeless spacious awareness.

A Zen koan:
"The past never happened."

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3722929 - 02/03/05 02:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My theory on time and space:

Time intersects with space, and at various "times", we are in certain "spaces."

Are we in the space we are meant to be in at the appropriate time?

Have you ever thought about why we are in the space we occupy at the certain time that we occupy it?

When I first started thinking about this a few years ago, I decided to put my theory to the test, that there are "signs" present for us to follow in order for us to have the best lives possible, even if we are living in the poorest country in the world.

I was in a pharmacy and the prescription wasn't ready because the pharmacy had made a mistake. This pissed me off because I hate wasting my time on someone else's mistake.

But then I thought about my theory, that maybe we are present at a certain space in time for a particular reason.

I started walking around the store and eventually came to a rack that held printer ink cartridges. (Please don't laugh. I know this seems miniscule that the universe would have me here just because I needed ink, when there are dying people everywhere.)

But this pharmacy didn't specialize in computer supplies, and it just so happened that of the few brands they had hanging on hooks, one of them was the kind I needed.

I had a document due the next morning. If by walking around the store I hadn't been reminded that I needed printer ink, I would have run out that night and the document wouldn't have been done in time.

How would that have impacted the lives of the people on whose behalf I was filing that document?

So it may seem silly that "oh, gee, because your prescription was delayed, you bought printer ink," keep in mind that there were other lives that would have been affected by my inability to file that document if I had run out of printer ink.

Even though my prescription was not ready, it appears that I was in the right place at the right time for what I needed to do to help someone else.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3722985 - 02/03/05 03:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
The latest theory says the universe will expand faster and faster, until everything decays, all the stars go out, and the universe as we know it is no more.

yes I've heard that too. and so the universe had its start in the big bang, and then goes on forever expanding outwards, forward in time. and backward in time, it has no beginning, only a foreverness of black holes expelling all the matter, things heating up, stars winking into existence, and then ending in a big crunch. it's perfectly symmetrical.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3723000 - 02/03/05 03:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

oh and here's something: is it possible for there to be a creature, or entity, or some kind of continuous...continuum, or being or presence or whatever you wanna call it, that exists not in any of the 3 spatial dimensions, which is to say it has no measurable extension into the physical space of our universe, and yet it has extension along the axis of the dimension of time? maybe that's what God is. or where He is, anyways

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3723095 - 02/03/05 03:35 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That is what I have often thought. There is no "heaven". There is just God, everywhere.

--------------------

Offlinespacedragon
SORCERER
Male User Gallery

Loc: THRONE
The Fourth Dimension [Re: Frog]
    #3723351 - 02/03/05 04:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

QUOTE:...continuum, or being or presence or whatever you wanna call it, that exists not in any of the 3 spatial dimensions, which is to say it has no measurable extension into the physical space of our universe, and yet it has extension along the axis of the dimension of time? maybe that's what God is. or where He is, anyways
-
That's a good start to get a feel of what the multidimensional spirit masters (gods) are playing with. They can pick anywhere in time and time-jump to experience a particular event or possess a person.

The fourth dimension looks like a murky canopy over individuals, cities, cultures, and countries. This is astral energy that resembles gooey frogs' eggs; healers can often see it with their clients. These canopies are constantly bombarded by waves of energy and light from the higher five dimensions. When higher-dimensional energy rushes into the curved 4D canopy; it acts as a lense that splits thought into two possibilities - positive or negative, good or evil, black or white, right or wrong, and so on, in the consciousness of a human. When people express only one side or the other of an issue, their minds split, making them unconscious. The 4D-splitting dynamic exists so that electromagnetic (EM) fields can form in 3D, where 2D magnetism arrives in the curved crust of Earth and responds to 4D electricity in the atmosphere. Without this dynamic, things would not solidify into vibrating EM fields in 3D, and this EM dynamic effects our consciousness, since most people can feel this astral force.

Astral Influences are nothing more than the desires of other humans to invade our minds. Very often, issues that present themselves in our minds are collective. We may or may not realize that millions of other people are processing the same thoughts. For example, these days millions of people are exploring a polarity I call "Judeo-Christianity versus Islam." Some split this archetype into good or evil, safe or dangerous, while others seek to understand both sides and become conscious.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: The Fourth Dimension [Re: spacedragon]
    #3724270 - 02/03/05 12:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

[1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1] = 15 = nonlinear time.
[1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15] = 15 = linear time.

time is a point, compared to another, from the past through the present to the future?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMegaloMello
potatoe.

Re: The Fourth Dimension [Re: Gomp]
    #3724607 - 02/03/05 02:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Is anyone familiar w/ Terence McKenna's "time-wave zero" theory? I only read the essay about it in Archaic Revival. I've yet to actually read Invisible Landscapes, which is supposed to go into it in greater detail. But basically, from what I recall, the theory suggested that there are patterns of novelty (change) that occur in loops over and over throughout history. He used the I-ching to prove this. I wish I had the book on me right now. It showed diagrams that showed the rate of novelty through the renaissance or something and compared it to the rate of novelty of...I dunno, the last 50 years or so, and the similarities between the 2wo diagrams are absolutely striking. It's like a similar rate of novelty that's taking place within a quicker amount of time.
Supposedly, that rate of change is coming to its peak, which it will continue to do until 2012.

We're living in some damn interesting times. That's for sure. :stoned:

--------------------
ride...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: The Fourth Dimension [Re: Gomp]
    #3724619 - 02/03/05 02:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

> That is what I have often thought. There is no "heaven". There is just God, everywhere.

:heart: :smile:

> time is a point, compared to another, from the past through the present to the future?

Taken literally, would time exist if there were no points in space?  In other words, if space were empty with no way to tell one part of space from another... a homogeneous void... would time still exist?  If so, how would it be measured?

> The fourth dimension looks like a

The fourth dimension is simply a mathmatical concept... just like the third dimension...

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: The Fourth Dimension [Re: Seuss]
    #3728448 - 02/04/05 02:17 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The fourth dimension is simply a mathmatical concept... just like the third dimension

you say that with all the authority of someone who's saying something that has meaning

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology