Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnonymousNewbie
Mad Scientist
Loc: England
Question about bulk tek.
    #3721337 - 02/02/05 10:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

In shroom god's bulk tek - a Rubbermaid container is used through-out the entire process. I was wondering what is needed to initiate pinning. Is removing the plastic and applying a casing soil enough? I noticed no lighting or humidification mentioned in the tek. Should a cool mist be hooked up to the top of the Rubbermaid during the fruiting stage? Should lights be strung up in the lid as well during fruiting? I figure it is just like a large casing so the same principles must apply.

--------------------
Don't grow mushrooms if it is illegal where you live.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Re: Question about bulk tek. [Re: AnonymousNewbie]
    #3721643 - 02/02/05 11:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have read, but don't really remember that tek. Light is important, i'd suggest putting a small one on the inside of the top of the fruiting container. Bulk casings tend to humidify themselves better than, for example, pf cakes.

Once the casing is on, I believe that most of the time people just mist the casing layer once every day or so. (mostly I'm studied up on bulk neglect report)

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #3721681 - 02/02/05 11:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Remember to fan fan fan! Atleast once a day.
Like chocbruce said, it will pretty much humidify itself as long as the lid or plastic sheet isn't letting too much out.

OfflineAnonymousNewbie
Mad Scientist
Re: Question about bulk tek. [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3731239 - 02/04/05 05:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Bump.

I'm not satisfied. I want to know what kind of lighting and misting system you guys use (for bulk teks such as : shroomgod's bulk). Would a cool mist be too much humidity / water for something of this nature. I was thinking of using one cool mist hooked up to two 45 gallon tubs with pvc - and run that once in a while to act as a auto mist system and means of air exchange without me fanning daily. For light i was just going to modify the lids of these tubs by replacing the tops with plexi glass.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3731321 - 02/04/05 06:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you don't need to mist bulk, it creates its own rainstorm like effect because there's so much heat and moisture in there. its like a jungle. lighting can be achieved by placing an 18 inch flourescent white "under sink light" thingy. very low wattage works like a charm.

just lay the flourescent in its fixture on top of the tub(s). the light permeates the lid nicely, no matter what color the tub is i'm sure. grey tubs work pretty good i've heard. no need to go through the trouble of cutting and installing a plexiglass lid...that's just a waste of energy/time. good luck.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineAnonymousNewbie
Mad Scientist
Re: Question about bulk tek. [Re: TODAY]
    #3731835 - 02/04/05 08:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So no misting isn't required. But air exchange is still a factor, and I don't wanna open the lid everyday to fan. So would the cool mist (which would provide air exchange), be overkill as far as the humidity and water inside the tub?

--------------------

Offlinefoolio
Colonal
    #3735786 - 02/05/05 05:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When you use enough hose (I like 1 - 1 1/2 yards ) to connect the Cool Mist, the surface on the inside of the hose will cause the water droplets to stick, preventing them from entering the bulk chamber. An additional measure to prevent over-humidification is to apply a filter (poly fill, tyvek, disk, or coffee filter) on the end of the hose leading into the chamber, (after a while could this be a contam magnent?) however I have never worried enough about over-hum to do that

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation