Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblueroom
Stranger
Jar Progression>Newbie Question?
    #3721211 - 02/02/05 08:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF Innoc'd 9 jars of BRF with 10cc's of vitamin B+ evenly divided...{on January 16th,}...he's using standard PF tek with radiant heat incubator.

On January 22nd he checked jars for the first time, 6 showed, noticeable signs of the myc starting to germinate and take a foothold. One jar showed very little signs of activity.

The three others have blue green specks about the size of a head of a pin near the bottom of the jar. These were separated from the incb. and were kept warm by setting them by a heating duct, house temp. usually set at 70 degrees.

Three days later on the 25th two of these had the myc still growing. In one of two there was only one small blue green speck that had not changed in any size or way. The second of the two jars appeared that the blue green mold was increasing along with the myc in growth. The third only showed signs of blue green specks with no myc growth at all. After three more days the {28th} of close observation of the three separated jars it appeared that the first jar {the one with only one small speck} had the myc growing around and over it. At that point he sealed the jar in a baggy and put it back into the incub. chamber. A day later you could not even see the speck and the myc showed healthy and vigorous growth.

Questions: Is this an unwise decision? Can the bagged jar spread contams. to the others? Is this worth keeping?
The last 2 jars that showed enlarged blue green growth have been discarded. The slow one of the original six is finally showing some rapid myc growth. Are these numbers on track, does the growth rate sound okay? Of the original nine jars he has seven that are spawning very well {I think}. Lost two to obvious green mold contam. Incub. temp. 80 to 82 degrees, rh at 70%, does this help the jars from dry out or does it invite contams? Most of the 7 jars show about 40-50% coverage of healthy, ropey, vigorous myc growth with no signs
of the mean blue green! ****YEAH****

Last question: Can presterilize substrate jars be frozen to maintain moisture content?

All comments, suggestions, tips and advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all that have gone before me.

"PAZ" and Happy Trails to you

RR

This is all purely hypothetical and does not exist in the real world. Only in the minds eye of the unintended.

Edited by blueroom (02/02/05 08:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRockstar69
Stoner

Loc: Georgia
Re: Jar Progression>Newbie Question? [Re: blueroom]
    #3721254 - 02/02/05 08:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the problem with contams is that they make spores that are airborne..
just my opinion, but i'd dump any of the jars with any sign of contam

--------------------
"We gotta stop smokin', stop, stop, ..I mean cigarette smokin!" -- Jimi Hendrix :jamming:

Offlinechocbruce
Learned Student

Loc: ...
Re: Jar Progression>Newbie Question? [Re: Rockstar69]
    #3721529 - 02/02/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

my foaf would birth it into a seperate container (like a sode bottle with the top cut off) While birthing, I'd make a knife red hot, like a butter knife, and touch the blue green spot with it. Hopefully that would kill it. Then boil some verm in h20 for a little bit and cover the spot that you did the burning on with the sterile verm. This would ideally stop airborne contams.

--------------------
I look for answers and present ideas, but in no way shape or form endorse, or partake in, growing, or manufacture of substances, or plants, or any specie that is illegal in your neck of the woods. I do however, tear the tags off of my mattresses. Be warned.

Offlineblueroom
Stranger
Re: Jar Progression>Newbie Question? [Re: chocbruce]
    #3723671 - 02/03/05 06:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

After three more days the {28th} of close observation of the three separated jars it appeared that the first jar {the one with only one small speck} had the myc growing around and over it. At that point he sealed the jar in a baggy and put it back into the incub. chamber. A day later you could not even see the speck and the myc showed healthy and vigorous growth.

I guess my question should have been "can myc overtake & overgrow the
small speck rendering it unharmful, that it no longer presents a growth hazard to the jar?"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck