Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Fill in the ________
    #3720220 - 02/02/05 07:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

While amazingly high the other day, i had come up with (IMO) the greatest idea for a band ever!

Lets say you got 5 highly talented musicians, who were all in varying degrees, talented with the guitar, piano, drums, bass, and any brass or woodwind. Just all around multi-talented musicians. Then created a website, which was a virtual voting booth. once you had enough of a following, you could let your fans be completely immersed in the organization of the band. Let the fans decide for the next show, who plays what instrument (by popular vote of course) for that show, what the feel should be, and other descriptions and factors i have yet to come up with.... then the show would be completly different every single time, with the exception of some core songs that would be needed to get a following. Then let the crowd record the songs and show, and let them name the songs!

It would be like taking improv jazz fusion to the ultimate level of improv. Even take topics to sing about from the fans.....

so, was I just too high and this is a dumb idea? or does this sound like something that could be revolutionary in music?

The name of the band could also be "Fill in the ______".

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Fill in the ________ [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3722169 - 02/03/05 12:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like too much work. i dunno maybe i'm just lazy. but it's hard to get 5 people who are all good at 5 different instruments. i mean hell, i can only play guitar , bass, and drums, and i can't play them all GREAT, because to actually really get incredibly good at one, you need to spend a fuck of a lot of time with it in my opinion. also i think it's almost anti-creative in the fact that all the ideas come from outside of the band and the band doesn't really have a voice. i dont know.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Fill in the ________ [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3725883 - 02/03/05 07:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, but I think it transcends that artist bullshit of "i play for myself" crap. You make art to attempt to convey your take on reality or whatever subject to others by transcending words and using pure experience and emotion to get that point across. Anyone can be creative given free range to do anything. It takes everything to be truly creative when given a narrow scope of subject. Take for instance art drawing classes. The teacher says "draw something and turn it in on Monday" ok, so everyone turns in something pretty cool looking. Then the teacher says "Draw this tree branch, using only watercolors, and you cant use paint brushes". Then you will see the true creativity come out in an artist.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Fill in the ________ [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3727124 - 02/03/05 10:42 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

it's hard to get 5 people who are all good at 5 different instruments

no it isn't. go to a fairly big city, find the University there, go to the music area, you'll find your 5 skilled musicians

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Fill in the ________ [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3727316 - 02/03/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, no kidding, I live in Nashville and studio musicians that can play anything almost are doing it for 75 dollars an hour.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media