Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
choosing a substrate
    #3718659 - 02/02/05 11:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i'm choosing the substrate i will use for an outdoor cultivation of cubensis "ecuador". i think i will go for a grain based substrate, but what kind of grain? i was at my grain store and got embarassed to choose between rye, rice, corn, millet, oats and panic. according to your experience, which is the best for outdoor cultivation (with the straw+manure tek)? i'd like to use only one kind of seed, i'll experiment different mixes when i'll be more experienced.

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: choosing a substrate [Re: lepiota]
    #3718828 - 02/02/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

any grain works well for spawn, I prefer wild bird seed, you can buy it much
cheaper than anything else and it works beautifully, when you do the outdoor
patch, pastureize some poo and spawn it to that for a very nice bed

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Re: choosing a substrate [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3718967 - 02/02/05 12:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well all the grains i named are sold as bird food! what you normally call "birdseed" is actually panic or millet or a mix of different seeds. oats seeds are very popular for feeding birds as well so i still have to choose among different birdseeds!

ps: do i really need to pasteurize poo+straw before use? i read that many just soak it for 24 hours...

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Invisiblespock
journeyman
Re: choosing a substrate [Re: lepiota]
    #3719031 - 02/02/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

millet. it's usually the main ingredient in a wild bird seed mix. works great for spawn but it dries kinda quick for use as a substrate.

Offlinelepiota
expert infailures
 User Gallery

Re: choosing a substrate [Re: spock]
    #3728994 - 02/04/05 02:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

just another question: in all teks they recommend to use only "organic" rye or brown rice etc., that is grown naturally; that's because we don't want fungicides in our substrate. but no one cares if WBS is organic or not, and of course i don't think that they care about growing grains naturally if it is for feeding animals, so the organic thing is an issue or not?

--------------------
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FSR!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate