Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

thanks?
    #3718409 - 02/02/05 11:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

thanks

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Edited by onetime (02/02/05 01:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: cure for depression? [Re: onetime]
    #3718451 - 02/02/05 12:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Realise that things will get better!

In my life I've had two periods when I was extremely depressed; I had a nervous breakdown at the age 16 and another one when I quit my job as a teacher and was unemployed for 6 months - unemployed, huh, I should say in total mental breakdown - pretty much the only person I spoke to during that whole period was my then girlfriend/now wife.

The road back, when you're low, always seems really long and steep. Set yourself goals - you at least have found a means of expressing these feeling - simply by posting your message you're affirming your desire to change your life.

Take up a new hobby, exercise or take up a sport, dig out those books you've always meant to read, visit relatives/friends you get on well with - fill your life with distractions so that in between working on improving your life you don't have time to...

DWELL

...which is the worst thing you can do when depressed.

I repeat, things will get better, If you choose to make them so.

Good luck!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #3718457 - 02/02/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

hey man im sorry you are feeling really down on your luck. I wish there was something i could do.. The only thing i can tell you is my story maybe it will help you.. I was really depressed for a long time and then i tried to kill myself ended up in the ICU for about 2 weeks and then landed in the loony ben... I know when i finally woke up in the hospital that i was so glad to be alive! After that so many things started happening for me! I was so glad to be alive and now i have a two year old and graduated college... so what im saying is that when you think that you cant take life anymore just remember there is so much more then this very second you never know what life is going to give you... also remember that when you hit rock bottom there is now where else to go but up... every human has the power to pick themself up and fix what they dont like i know that sometime it may seem hard but i promise there is a reason to live and I am 100% sure that you will find your reason! dont give up i know its a hard fight but you can do it. If i can than anyone can! I wish you the best of luck and my prayers will be with if you ever need to talk send me a pm! Im here for you!
With love
Kristi

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

thanks [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3718458 - 02/02/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

thanks

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Edited by onetime (02/02/05 01:29 PM)

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #3718502 - 02/02/05 12:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Let go of the past.

I did some really bad things when I was hooked & strung out on powder and pills - things I can't take back, but I just try my best to be a good person. Redemption is the key. You have to say to yourself that you will change your life from now.

A friend of mine hit a low and was hooked on crack for a long time, it wrecked his life, truly smashed everything that meant anything to him into little pieces - he is now one of the beautiful people I know, a generous and giving person who really does his best.

You're alive, you exist - start from those two positives and think of the potential good you, if not all of us, can do.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: cure for depression? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3718678 - 02/02/05 01:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i know how you feel man...im going through some rough times myself right now. The most important thing ive ever had in my life is slipping away....its really hard not to dwell....everytime i think about i i want to cry and beat the shit out of everything.

you just gotta keep on truckin!

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #3718769 - 02/02/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

half (or even more) of the sexualy active popualtion has some strain of HPV....they just dont show signs so dont know it. Ive been depressed since my fiance paassed away. I wake up in sweats to the thoought of holding her hand when she was dying in the hospital. Hasnt been the same since then. Everybody goes threough some stage of depression....it sounds like your may be the combination of an incedent and just being low on life. There is therapy and pharms for that type of thing if you need help dragging yourseelf out of it. Never helped for me though

OfflineEuphoricDisaster
CultivationProdigy

Loc: Where the good times roll...
Re: cure for depression? [Re: Vulture]
    #3718793 - 02/02/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Trust me, alot of people, including myself, go through extremely difficult times. My whole childhood was fucked up. My father was abusive to my mother and myself, and my mother was just not there. My grandmother was my mother figure, until she died on my 13th birthday. Well, she died the night before, I just spent my birthday at her funeral. My depression started there.

Eventually a couple years went by, with me getting in fights every day at school. Finally, they sent me to juvy when I was 14. I got out when I was 15 and left my parents, and moved to the city. I started taking lots of acid, smoking lots of pot, and work my way down the line of drugs to heroin.

While on heroin, I became extremely addicted. I worked a very good paying job that raked in 150 bucks a day. It all went to Lady H. Every cent of it. Until finally, I was to worthless to work that job, and I decided to break into places for cash. Needless to say, I got caught, and went to jail. I spent 6 months in the jail, and eventually tried killing myself. I slit my wrists 14 times. The doctors were amazed I was alive, so I figured it wasnt my time to die.

When I got out of jail, I decided to straighten out my life, start anew. I picked up the guitar, and taught myself how to play. I met a couple friends, and they got me a job. I worked there a while, and we eventually all got an apartment together. All was well, until I decided to start doing coke.

I got hooked on coke, eventually lost my job, my friends hated me, and i was worthless. One nite, a girl came to the house to party(it was the biggest party house around) and I made a move, and we hooked up. We were going out for a while, got pretty seriouse, and got a dog together. I tried to hide the coke habit. Finally, being on probation, I got piss tested, and they found the coke. They sent a warrent out for my arrest because i kinda ran. They searched my house and found more shit than I have the enegy to type right now.

Went back to jail for about a month(lucky). Got out and started a new life. Got an extremely good paying job doing construction( now I own my own Contracting business), Went back out with the girl(who Im still with today, and we got our own house together, with the dog), the guitar is still pretty much my life, and I've just got a lot of shit to show for what ive been through.

Moral of this story, Life hands you more shit than gold. Its the gold you must treasure, and dont worry about the shit(even if it IS stuck to the bottom of your shoe, it will still wear off). Its hard, I know, but stay with us. You always have your friends at the shroomery. And I would be more than happy to talk if you want. Just PM me.

p.s. sorry about rambling on with my story, had to get it off my chest.

--------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Prying open My "Third Eye"--Bill Hicks, Also Tool

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub