Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenumb59
journeyman

levels
    #358258 - 07/21/01 10:49 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

the next level can always be reached, what happends when you die? what does the mind do with no body to stop it from skyrocketing.. do i make sense? am i reaching anyone? i feel like a scrambled egg... mang!@#

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: levels [Re: numb59]
    #364826 - 08/01/01 02:29 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The mind is completely free and is able to understand how the universe and life it self works..Once you truely understand the meaning and function of life..you are thrown back into another body so that you get to learn it all over again and experience the feeling again. Its kinda like tripping. You trip and learn everything again and then you come down and forget it all..then you trip again and learn it all over again..thats the fun of it. If we remembered everything there wouldn't be a reason to trip. Life is one big trip.

Edited by shroom-girlie on 08/01/01 03:31 PM.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #364887 - 08/01/01 04:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

These are only my beliefs, and I could be totally wrong. In fact I probably am, but I'd like to see you prove it :)

When the spirit separates from the body, it moves into the next dimension. I compare this to moving through a gateway, rather than a separation of mind and body. The next dimension is a place very unlike this dimension, in that it is a non-physical dimension. Space and time do not exist in the liner way we understand them. Your surrounding are generated instantaneously by your thoughts and intents. This new dimension will be so alien to you, it will be as if you are being reborn, and you will be faced with the task of learning how reality works again, just as when you were a child in this reality.

As you pass through the next dimension and into higher and higher dimensions you become closer and more linked to the source. Eventually you can return to the source, where essentially you become god, and become a part of everything.

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: levels [Re: Phyl]
    #365141 - 08/01/01 11:29 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Phly...that is the perfect way of putting..it is like you are reborn..but never in the same dimmension and never with the same experiences. I couldn't have said it better myself...I also believe that this is what happens.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #365185 - 08/02/01 12:07 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

IMHO, once you die, your mind no longer exists.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: levels [Re: Kid]
    #365516 - 08/02/01 11:18 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

IMHO, when you die, you are like a drop of rain flowing back into the ocean...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: levels [Re: gnrm23]
    #365820 - 08/02/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

exyctly! gnrm23, that is exactly the way i see it... in fact, i?ve got a tatto about it... its a drop of water about to fall into the ocean... once i die, my body turns into dust... the tatto is gone, and that means the drop fell into the ocean... and i am one with the whole again...

be blessed

In(di)go

"I Am That I Am"

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: levels [Re: In(di)go]
    #365822 - 08/02/01 06:13 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

alan watts said something like:
as the ocean gestures with waves, so the universe gestures with us...
bright blessings...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflinePsilocybe Ryan
enthusiast
Loc: Canada
    #369599 - 08/10/01 12:02 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I believe that hell is like having a bad trip. People are in hell until everything begins to make sense. Then you reunite with god for eternity.

Edited by Psilocybe Ryan on 08/10/01 01:04 AM.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #370641 - 08/12/01 12:35 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

haven't you played the game before? the next level is always reached when you eat all the pellets, but if you want a really high score you have to get centered and eat the cherry. when you die, you have 2 more men, of course. but once you run out, GAME OVER. but, if you're a good player, you get your name in the High Score, and that's your legacy in eternity and people in 2012 will look back and remember your initials in awe and say "thata boy!" if your score is low, you're reincarnated as a ghost and you have to run around eating everybody until you find a body.... that, or another $.25...
duh.
j/k..... i dunno man, i'm not a dead person yet, but I do know the beginning and end of all things that propells me outside of myself and gives my consciousness a body, an existential sense of infinity, and love. i know that big bang everytime I drop acid and find the vibration/frequency of ecstasy and my body hummmmmmmmmmssss and pops and hisses and rattles and I shake away all the tension... it kindah feels like the moment of orgasm... where my body becomes inaudible to itself and an instrument for the soft-hearted, sweetest, romantic, poetic, boyish Eternal Self.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #371813 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Life should be lived like there is no next level.
Why should you even fucking care what happens afterwards?
It doesn't matter NOW. Maybe your consciousness joins up with god or whatever, maybe it's shoved into another body, maybe it stops existing altogether.

My point is this: Those that worry about what happens to their soul/mind/consciousness already have too much wrapped up in their own ego. I'm not saying you're egotistical. Just to worried about YOUR self. It's not "yours" to begin with. Quit thinking like that and quit worrying/pondering about what happens when you die. YOU DIE. If you're conscious of this afterwards, wonderful. If not, wonderful.

It's the game of black and white kids... quit playing it. It's just a form of scaring yourself or deluding yourself. Live now...here. Enjoy now and here as much as possible. Even pain has beauty.

For more on this... read Alan Watts' "The Book: on the taboo against knowing who you are"

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblebaloo
Stranger
    #371891 - 08/14/01 02:50 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Re: Phyl;
I figure that we exist with what we want to change or modify about ourselves. Whether we pursue that course or not is our choice. But when we return to the afterlife, which I think is the real life, then the veil of forgetfulness under which we live this life, is lifted. So after death we become again what we have always been; With all the memories and all the limiting faults which hinder our effective constructiveness in that realm. So I do not think we will need to learn about that dimension since we left it to come here.
I like the idea of higher and higher dimensions and I feel that these dimensions are reached thru realizing the goals that are necessary to effectively operate in them. So in order to evolve we need to change and grow which is what we are doing here.
An infinity of levels of effectiveness ahead of us. Everyone bringing us more joy and ecstacy.

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: levels [Re: baloo]
    #372225 - 08/15/01 09:09 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I do not think we will need to learn about that dimension since we left it to come here.
That is a very valid point, and one that I considered a number of times whilst first discovering my spirituality, but I don't think it's totally true.
Whilst our ego exists purely in this 3 dimensional, physically based reality, I believe that my subconscious still exists in a higer dimension. I don't see these dimensions as exclusive, and believe they can interact with each other and have influence over each other (i.e the practice of magick and divination). Through exploring the nature of both dimensions and the ways in which these dimensions interact, I have found that I can gain a much better understanding of myself and the 3 dimensional reality my ego inhabits, and this ultimately leads me to a far happier and productive life.

By no means am I suggesting that it is nescesary or even useful to try and understand these things. I simply find myself drawn towards such concepts, and who am I to deny my path?

Take care

Phil

InvisibleNDK
    #372248 - 08/15/01 09:45 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I notice that many psychonauts are more spiritual/ supernatural in their beliefs than me - So nobody else believes that when your body dies so does your brain and mind? :-)

I see and feel wild concepts when I'm shrooming but nothing that leads me to believe in a real other dimension. Of course if one did exist I probably wouldn't know about it. Kinda hard to prove or decide either way. I feel I learn useful things which cannot be put into words but I don't see them as spirtual (in the common sense of the word). All I can say is that I haven't got a fucking clue what is going on and everytime I think I do proof that I haven't isn't long coming!

Invisiblebaloo
Stranger
    #372363 - 08/15/01 01:34 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

By no means am I suggesting that it is nescesary or even useful to try and understand these things.
To be contrary I think it is necessary, especially if it leads to a far happier and productive life.

I?ve been playing with the idea that perhaps our ego does exist with us in the higher realm and that we incarnate the ego separate from the rest so we can view it in operation then take the necessary steps to adjust it.
This very act of separation means the separated part would need some kind of limited temporary consciousness, which is us and which is discarded or reintegrated upon completion.

OfflineLunuTrance520
Stranger
Loc: Southeastern U.S.A
Re: levels [Re: baloo]
    #372469 - 08/15/01 04:25 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Stride along in a jaded sleep.
Emoitions stealth like death we creep.
Tangeld in wires we ride on lines,
much to fast to read the sighns.
Only feeling here and there.
The line you took you don't even care.
The lines you broke when you shot across.
The ones that fell it's not your loss
Thinking if it comes so easy it's no big sin.
and going with the flow is not giving in.
So now if you believe that one, lets try another,
like finding God in yourself by degrating your brother.
Yourself caught up in orgasmic power,
soaked in expectations the flesh starts to sour.
Your beliefs never stronger, your grace it declines.
Hate starts to suface, serpent coils unwind.
So far in the dark not a mercky sighn of light,
came to the conclusion, there is no wrong or right.
Just time and space, mind and thought,
all that you live for is all that you bought.
Never thinking twice or question yourself,
that ideas crazy put it back on the shelf.
What would they think, what would they say.
Only a weak man has to take time to pray.
Everythings so simple now, peace in the truths you found.
What would you try to live up to if there was noone around?
Could you sit there and enjoy all whats inside?
Could you carry on without them cheering on your ego and pride?
What would it mean trails yet unseen,
noone around voices so keen?
What would you believe in if there was noone around?
Noone to judge you for the new truths you found.
I believe in a past where our future can't last.
Make sence of this trip that goes by so fast.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #372592 - 08/15/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I read this today: " In order to prepare for death...previous training is important. Whatever attitudes a person cultivates during life will most likely manifest themselves during the process of dying....In order to avoid falling into the traps one finds along the way in the death process, prior preparatrion and training are very important....Among the most effective of these are yogic practices that simulate the process of death. A person who becomes familiar with these is not shocked or terrified by what he or she experiences in the bardo, but rather recognizes everything as images created by the mind....According to tantric theory, the residence of the mind is not the brain, but the heart. The mind is said to reside in the indestructible drop at the heart cakra....The subtle life-sustaining winds reside in it, and when one dies all winds dissolve into it. After all winds dissolve into it, the clear light of death becomes manifest....One experiences a vision of clear light that is like the dawn breaking in a cloudless sky. This is termed the 'clear light of death,' and according to Tibetan medical literature this is the actual point of death. Ordinary people undergoing these changes are terrified." Then, following the "mind of white appearance," the "mind of red increase," and the "mind of black near-attainment," [3 Western alchemical stages], the "mind of clear light" manifests. This can be experienced as infinite space, or infinite light or infinite awareness, depending upon the psyche of the experiencer - whichever seemed to epitomize absolute liberation and freedom in life. Quotations from:'Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism' by John Powers.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #372655 - 08/15/01 09:36 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

hey, where were you before youre dad even had any sperm? you existed in no way shape or form! why would it be any different when you die? you wont even exist any more, just like you never existed before you were born. you know how mormans arent supposed to drink caffiene? well, since pepsi (maybe coca-cola) is owned by mormans or something like that, they are allowed to drink soda!! fuckin pieces of shit! i was listening to my mp3 player at school and this morman kid came up to me and said something like music is evil or something since it controls the things people believe in, and i told him to fuck off and then i thought about it and before he left i asked him, "then what does the bible do?" i also hear shit about how morman people are so happy. no shit there happy, they cant do drugs unless they own the company that makes them, and everything is influencing (controling) the way you think except for the bible! ive come to a conclusion that when man cant find an answer he makes an excuse for it. just like aliens! when you look out at the sky you see millions of stars, that are way to far away to reach. there is an extremely high chance that there are other civilizations out there, but the chances that one of them would travel millions of light years and waste generations of their species to come over here, make a circle in a field and then leave. and there is some time elapse thing that occurs when you travel at light years so if it took some aliens 500 years to get here, and then it took 500 years to get back (1000years) there planet wouldve evolved 100,000,000 of years! and the odds of them finding us out of the huge universe out there, and millions of other stars (suns) is extremely slim!!!!!!! and why would aliens look anything like us? (arms legs and eyes like they show in pics) if you where blind deaf and paralyzed from the neck down for all of youre life, and locked in a room and then someone asked you to explain what a human looks like, you couldnt do it!!! and all that you are is matter, there is no soul!!! youre thoughts are just chemical balances and imbalances!!! youre just matter with chemicals and shit that makes you want to reproduce (the trickery of falling in love, trust me ive been there) and then you do, during youre little life you are chained up in jail and allowed no freedom what so ever, dont be fooled! we are all prisoners! dont feel lost, were all lost, and no one can find there way since the people living in a fantasy world with religion and presidents are holding us back. everyone is too worried about their 15 min of fame. one time i put a camera under a stack of books and taped my brother and his friends watching tv. they looked like fucking zombies!!! it was some crazy shit!! motionless and thoughless!

how do you expect people to watch the brady bunch without any lsd?

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #372731 - 08/15/01 11:32 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

These are only my beliefs, and I could be totally wrong. In fact I probably am, but I'd like to see you prove it :)

When the spirit separates from the body, it moves into the next dimension. I compare this to moving through a gateway, rather than a separation of mind and body. The next dimension is a place very unlike this dimension, in that it is a non-physical dimension. Space and time do not exist in the liner way we understand them. Your surrounding are generated instantaneously by your thoughts and intents. This new dimension will be so alien to you, it will be as if you are being reborn, and you will be faced with the task of learning how reality works again, just as when you were a child in this reality.

As you pass through the next dimension and into higher and higher dimensions you become closer and more linked to the source. Eventually you can return to the source, where essentially you become god, and become a part of everything.

Hmmm.. Sounds like Holographic theory? The theory is based by two unorthodox thinkers [anti-cartesian] of our times: David Bohm [quantum physicist] and Karl Pribram [neurophysiologist]. The book bridging their works is, "Holographic Universe", by Michael Talbot. The author goes on to cite many other references from the likes of psychology and psychiatry to explain the relationship between the theory with paranormal and non-local experiences [NDE, OBE].

For Twilight

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
Re: levels [Re: In(di)go]
    #372737 - 08/15/01 11:45 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

exyctly! gnrm23, that is exactly the way i see it... in fact, i?ve got a tatto about it... its a drop of water about to fall into the ocean... once i die, my body turns into dust... the tatto is gone, and that means the drop fell into the ocean... and i am one with the whole again...

Berry kool philosophy.. :) I see unity with peace when one can merge with the ocean in present life. I see unity with ascension when one can become a lightbody of the stars.. whether in the present, or the hereafter..

Soulstar
I see you as Angelic
Divine symmetry of Life
Beautiful truth to behold
Kissed with Inner Fire
BLest with Inner Light
The Grace of Transcendence
Before me

For Twilight

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom