Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecplotnik
Stranger
Poor Man's Terrarium
    #371798 - 08/14/01 04:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, this is my first batch of shrooms. I'm growing the P. Cubensis strains B+ and Matias Romero (mostly MR) using MMGG. One of my cakes, which is MR (I think), was placed in the Poor Man's Terrarium that the MMGG describes. This is fine, I'm getting good growth and pin heads are forming at a good rate. The thing that bothers me is lack of space inside the bottle. I've got one FAT shroom starting to press up against the side of the bottle and it kind of looks like it might squish itself if it continues to grow strait outwards towards the side like it is. Is this a concern or will it kind of just end up being a fat derranged looking shroom in the end? Also, will water droplets against the side of the bottle touching the shroom be a problem? If so, is there a way I can build a slightly bigger terrarium using the Poor Man's concept (which is letting the cake's own moisture keep it humid)? I should also mention that I have limited space and that I don't want certain people whom I live with to find out. Also, how big would one wet gram of shrooms be approximately? Like, would one average sized fresh shroom equal one gram? I don't really know how big a gram is....Yes, I know, it's sad! Any help I could get on either of these two topics would be most apprieciated. thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Poor Man's Terrarium [Re: cplotnik]
    #371815 - 08/14/01 04:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's all good. Don't worry.

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: Poor Man's Terrarium [Re: cplotnik]
    #371818 - 08/14/01 04:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the shroom up against the side of the bottle should be fine; let it grow against the side... It might be deranged, but it's still magical. Just wipe the side where it is touching so no water is touching the shroom. A bigger verision of the poor man's terrarium can be constructed using a bigger plastic bottle... Like a "Sunny D" bottle or another big juice bottle. In your case, I think you're fine.

No, one average size fresh shroom doesn't equal 1 gram wet. It could equal 1g dry though...(10 grams wet)

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation